Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Visiting Custom BATMAN!!

Wow! It is really coming along.

Looks fantastic so far sir! Cant wait to see the finished product!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Robin as well!!!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

That custom body looks great, but that removable cowl is da bomb
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm DROOLING over this sculpt! It is a fantastic looking cowl! Way better than the Mego one, which was too cartoonish for my taste.

Although, the same thing could be said of the Batgirl figure as well.

Using a Mr. Fantastic head never occurred to me, I was never that much into the Fantastic Four as a kid, but for a minute, you had me thinking that this was a new vinyl BW head!

You rock, dude.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for everyone else! Batgirl, Robin, Joker, Nightwing, etc.
    JediJaida

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    I'm DROOLING over this sculpt! It is a fantastic looking cowl! Way better than the Mego one, which was too cartoonish for my taste.

Although, the same thing could be said of the Batgirl figure as well.

Using a Mr. Fantastic head never occurred to me, I was never that much into the Fantastic Four as a kid, but for a minute, you had me thinking that this was a new vinyl BW head!

You rock, dude.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for everyone else! Batgirl, Robin, Joker, Nightwing, etc.

Oh, I think MEGO went to all new heights of cartoonishness when they produced Batgirl! Between her collossal noggin, and her big hair, they probably felt that they had no choice but to produce her disguise as a blue domino mask stencil-painted on her face, and a big, rounded football helmet, with an open face and stubby little bumps as "ears".

The whole thing was always rather strange to me. I always felt that a more aesthetically pleasing approach might have been to just sculpt Batgirl wearing her cowl mask (non-removable), and then root some hair to the back of her head (where it emerges from the rear of the cowl).

You know it occurs to me that MEGO's approach to Batgirl's face disguise might have been on someone's mind when Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl costume was designed for the film "Batman & Robin".

As I recall, at one point in the film, she chucks away the cowl portion of her head gear (almost with irritation) and leaves only the face mask.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Can't wait to see the final product! Looks amazing

Images
    WOW!!!! That's Totally Amazing!!!!

There is no doubting your passion for Batman - I love watching how your custom figures and accessories progress through each stage. Thanks for giving us a front row seat through your photography.

Images
    Thanks for pointing me to this thread again, last I saw you hadn't revealed the Pez dispenser part yet and only had the first part of it up, so I'll be following this to see how it comes out. I'm thinking of casting my Pez head after modifying it a bit and trying to make a Zubber cowl of the finished product. I knew I loved the looks of it but didn't know we were headed in the same direction with Bats.

At this stage, I put together a basic MEGO Type 2 body with a cobbled together bat-suit and test-fit the cowl until I was satisfied that it had a proper fit. I wanted to be sure that this new cowl did not give the overall figure a “big-head / football helmet syndrome”.

I... am an action figure customizer