X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklord1967
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2008

UPDATE:

I've decided that I would prefer this custom Batman Action figure to sport an updated Utility Belt with sharper details, and with accessories fabricated out of real BRASS.

I am fabricating the belt vials out of hobby brass tube with brass balls glued to the top and bottom ends. The brass belt buckle is created from a digital pattern that I made for photo etching upon a sheet of brass.

I've also graduated from the fragile plastic placeholder BATARANG weapon / grappling hook accessory (originally plucked from my parts bin and modified) to the final REAL METAL / POLISHED SILVER accessory I created:

This Batarang is loosely designed after the 1966 Batarang (which is my favorite design, since it resembles an actual boomerang more closely than just about any other design from the comics, animation, or live action films)

I digitally sculpted this accessory from scratch... then 3D printed it in plastic... then made a mold of the 3D printed weapon... then cast the mold in silver... and finally, I hand polished the casting.

NOTE: Despite how cool this new metal silver Batarang may look, it is also nevertheless every bit as pointy, sharp, and dangerous as it seems! So handle this accessory with care, because this custom Batman can jab, stab, slice or dice ya with his new Batarang weapon!!

Really.
    Last edited by darklord1967; Sep 8, '18, 1:52 AM.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

No way, man... I just awoke for my day, and even with the morning grogginess, I can not believe what I am seeing. Simply ingenious... and I like your word "dangerous".

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
        Career Member
        • Nov 22, 2011

Dang, I can't see any of the pics in either of my browsers. bummer.
        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

”CLASSIC DYNAMIC DUO"

THE BATMAN: 8.125" Height. Built on custom 9ART "Heroic Male" body. Original Custom Bruce Wayne Head Sculpt. Removable Bat-cowl. Custom patterned and fabricated bat-costume features: tight fitted grey unitard bodysuit, black Faux leather scalloped bat cape, Bat-finned gauntlets, boots, and trunks, Hand-fabricated Utility Belt with REAL BRASS vial compartments and acid photoetched buckle details. Featured Accessories include a REAL METAL polished silver (“Hero design”) Batarang and a spool of silk Batrope cord.

ROBIN THE BOY WONDER: 6.5" Height. Built on custom 9ART "Athletic Boy" body. Original Custom Dick Grayson Head Sculpt. Removable Face mask. Custom patterned and fabricated costume features: Faux leather red vest with hand-inlaid fastening laces, full green t-shirt undergarment, Faux suede gauntlets, and chainmail trunks. Hand-fabricated cloth pixie boots, Golden yellow Silk Charmeuse dress cape, utility belt with hand fabricated brass buckle, Featured Accessories include a REAL METAL polished silver (“sidekick” design) Batarang and a spool of silk Batrope cord.
          Last edited by darklord1967; Nov 2, '21, 12:13 AM.
          I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

Great stuff!
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

awesome!