X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
    My favorites were Lost in Space, Batman 66, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, All three Bonanza's, The Wild Wild West and of course no brainer for me Battlestar Galactica!
    Well my 3 favorite 60's shows are Star Trek, Batman, and mission impossible.
    Mission Impossible never got a lunchbox (unfortunately)
    The Trek lunchbox is highly sought after, you can't find one worth displaying (C-6 or better) for under $500. Same deal with Batman only it run around $200-$400.
    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Jan 29, '19, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Mission Impossible had a lunchbox but sadly it self destructed after 5 seconds.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Marvelmania
        Mission Impossible had a lunchbox but sadly it self destructed after 5 seconds.
        ^^Perfect ^^

I only ever had one lunchbox as a kid so I'm kind of nostalgic about it. I remember it because it had a spinner game on the back that we never played. I also really dig the graphics. The whole thing has kind of a Weebles Haunted House feel.

Last edited by Wee67; Jan 29, '19, 8:51 PM.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

I had the Johnny Lightning box but paired down when I sold my diecast cars

Tarzan hasn't been mentioned yet, it's a treasure in my book.

Comment

• sd72667
            • Oct 29, 2015

My dad found that NFL lunchbox in a junk closet last week & he gave it to me. Mine has some rust on both sides. I'm trying to figure out how to soak the lunchbox in something IE vinegar or molasses but I don't want the existing paint to peel. I tried to post a pic but maybe forum rules doesn't allow it on my first post.

Comment

• sd72667
              • Oct 29, 2015

Besides the 1976 NFL lunchbox, my dad gave me a Johnny Lightning lunchbox. I'd never heard of it before.

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I have a Six Million Dollar Man lunchbox, from my childhood. I used to love that show. My sister had The Bionic Woman lunchbox, I own them both now.

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

It's neat The Bionic Woman lunchbox released in Canada has a Canadian flag in the schoolroom picture

Originally posted by danadoll
                  I have a Six Million Dollar Man lunchbox, from my childhood. I used to love that show. My sister had The Bionic Woman lunchbox, I own them both now.

Dana

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                    It's neat The Bionic Woman lunchbox released in Canada has a Canadian flag in the schoolroom picture
                    That's a cool bit of info. Interesting how they'll alter the flag for other countries sometimes, on certain products (but I guess it isn't done all the time?).

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

I don't understand why sellers still have "signed" boxes. A dab of gasoline clears that right up. Sure gas isn't good but better than an item being tagged with markers.

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

These are my favorites, but I would like to add a Six Million Dollar Man and Planet of the Apes to the collection some day.

Lunchboxes1.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I somehow missed this thread years ago. I see a lot of old names of friends who aren't around anymore. Either on the board, or on this mortal coil. Very sad.

Anyway, of late my family has somehow come to have a pretty decent lunchbox collection.

This is an older picture. At the time, earlier this year, The Legend of the Lone Ranger box was new to me. I have long wanted this, because I think it's just gorgeous, and I have a soft spot for that film.

Early this summer, my wife found this 1958 Walt Disney Zorro lunchbox, covered in paint on one side, with flecks on the other, at a local flea market. It was $3. I couldn't get the money out of my wallet fast enough. The paint washed off, and voila. I LOVE the Disney/Guy Willliams show, and this box was a holy grail for me.

We actually have picked up two new vintage Disney lunchboxes. I'm going to add as shelf to the wall above these. They are on display in our kitchen.
                          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Speaking of Disney, I thought there was also a Davy Crockett lunch box with pics of Fess Parker?

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              Speaking of Disney, I thought there was also a Davy Crockett lunch box with pics of Fess Parker?
                              This one?
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/23435874585...=&toolid=10050

They also did one with Fess as Dan'l Boone.
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/32511915027...Cclp%3A2047675

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

No little price on the Prarie on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎