X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orlock
    Megohead Superdad
    • Feb 15, 2010

Horror Conventions and the Like...

Firstly I was just wondering if any of you guys and gals ever thought about going to or have ever been to the Full Moon Horror and Tattoo Convention in Nashville, TN. We probably won't be doing it this year because everything is tied up in production and filming at the moment hoping to have something to show for Scarefest in Lexington, Ky this November.

http://www.lonewolfbodyart.net/index2.html

For that matter, how many of you have gone to other horror conventions, Dragon Con, stuff like that? Any pics or stories you'd like to share? I have a great many...lol....
    My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
    T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
    My Personal Facebook
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

I go to one in Cherry Hill NJ almost every year.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

As much as I love Horror movies and collectibles, I generally have to choose my battles when it comes to these events I can attend in terms of travel and finances.

I would love to go to an exclusively Horror and Monster oriented show, but the closest I've come is hanging out in the Rue Morgue section of the big August Anime/Comics/Horror/Scifi show in Toronto.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hey!

>I go to one in Cherry Hill NJ almost every year.

"Cherry Hill" is a song by the Creepshow about a haunted house. Coincidence....?

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

i go to the Florida one almost every year
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Orlock
            Megohead Superdad
            • Feb 15, 2010

Last year at Scarefest, Circus Envy and I showed up at the VIP party and Dee Wallace (Cujo, ET) grabbed him by the hand and took him out onto the dance floor. I got video and pics of them dancing and he kept cracking her up. Once he told her if she didn't behave he was gonna' have to do her Cujo style...lol..then he scared the crap out of Chip Coffey (Psychic Children, Paranormal State) while I tried to convince poor chip everything would be okay. Chip responded by playfully whacking at us with his knit scarf and making the crucifix sign with his fingers.

Dee is hilarious in person and along with Leslie Easterbrook (Devil's Rejects, Police Academy movies) and Kane Hodder (Hatchet, Friday the 13th 7-10) is one of the coolest most genuine celebs in the industry to pal around with.
            My Personal Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Orlock
              along with Leslie Easterbrook (Devil's Rejects, Police Academy movies)

Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 25, '10, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I attended Chiller Theatre twice a year from about 1992 to 1999, it was the highpoint of my year. I attended again in 2003 but it isn't the same show anymore.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrueDave
                  Toy Maker
                  • Jan 12, 2008

Dont care for them anymore.

Comment

• Orlock
                    Megohead Superdad
                    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by TrueDave
                    Dont care for them anymore.
                    Any reason in particular?
                    Originally posted by palitoy
                    I attended Chiller Theatre twice a year from about 1992 to 1999, it was the highpoint of my year. I attended again in 2003 but it isn't the same show anymore.
                    Yeah I know what you mean about things not being the same after a long while off from them...**sighs**

Yep. She's still gorgeous and such a sweetheart.

When my family met us at the convention center on day three we got this pic with her. I already had several of just me and her, but wanted to introduce her to my wife, sister, and kids.

On Day 2, as I was going downstairs that morning to make sure our table was ready, someone called to me, and it was her! I was like Woah! I stopped and we walked together to the convention center through lobby after lobby just chatting it up and having a grand old time. Ken Foree from Dawn of the Dead was trying to get her attention at one point as we passed the bar and she didn't hear him because we were in the midst of a conversation. So I stopped, and he sneaked up on her.
                    My Personal Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

I usually go the Fan Expo in Toronto every year. It's a big combination horror/sf/comic/anime/video game convention. I've met some pretty cool horror film people there like George Romero, Dario Argento, Tom Savini and Bruce Campbell.
                      My one regret there was that one year I saw Sid Haig eating lunch in the food section by himself and I couldn't get up the nerve to go over and ask if I could join him (I was worried that he probably wanted to be left to eat in peace and get away from the fanboys for a little bit )

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

"WHO WANTS TO RESUCE ME?"

I loved the Police Academy movies so much when I was a kid.

Got to see another of my teen-crushes today at the Wizard World Toronto Saw Panel.

From the 80s movie Private School!
                        Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 26, '10, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Orlock
                          Megohead Superdad
                          • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          I usually go the Fan Expo in Toronto every year. It's a big combination horror/sf/comic/anime/video game convention. I've met some pretty cool horror film people there like George Romero, Dario Argento, Tom Savini and Bruce Campbell.
                          My one regret there was that one year I saw Sid Haig eating lunch in the food section by himself and I couldn't get up the nerve to go over and ask if I could join him (I was worried that he probably wanted to be left to eat in peace and get away from the fanboys for a little bit )
                          That was really good of you on Sid's part, but he's a great guy as well. He kept teasing my little sister about how she should "grow up" cause she's only like 5 feet tall and she's 17.

Some fans came up to him last year during our run at Full Moon and got to talking with him, he ended up giving them some cash and they went and bought some whiskey for him and they all went back to his room and partied. The next day on Sunday it was really slow and he and I, Ken Foree, William Forsythe, and Derek Mears were standing around talking before going out for a smoke, actually wondering aloud where Jason Mewes had gone because he kept disappearing...lol...anyway, I was walking away from them back towards my table and turned and looked back and it was so surreal.

Like really inexplicably weird.

I was just standing and having normal everyday "hey how's it going" joking around conversation with Capt. Spaulding, his brother, the lawman that wants to kill them, and the new Jason Voorhees. I snapped to my senses as Kane Hodder and CJ Graham broke into song as I walked in front of their table to get to mine, you know, with the seven foot Elvira and the bloody clown.

I don't know. It's just different sometimes. Like most of the time they're just like everyone else and everything is cool, but then sometimes there's these weird surreal moments where it's just like, holy crap. I'm a part of this.

Like meeting Malcolm McDowell for the first time. Luckily Kane Hodder was just to the left of and behind him so I talked to him much more than Malcolm. Kane's my buddy! That was a bit strange though. Sir Malcolm...

Peter Mayhew as well. It's weird taking a smoke break with Chewbacca on a balcony while he gets tipsy.
                          My Personal Facebook

Comment

• unataper
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 8, 2007

Horror Hound Weekend is happening in Indianapolis this weekend and the Famous Monsters Convention will be here in July. Lotta fun happening for a change!!
                            For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• Orlock
                              Megohead Superdad
                              • Feb 15, 2010

I know, I was going to do Horror Hound because Cassandra will be appearing there as Elvira, but ended up not because of a conflicting quilt convention in Pennsylvania with my wife's work.
                              My Personal Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎