• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Would have liked to have seen;
    *Chuck Norris
    *Rambo(might not have gotten rocky but they should have tried rambo)
    *john wayne(green berets version)
    *Mr T or all of the A-team I know they came out with A-team figures but they were junk and would have been way better as joes.
    *The Punisher just screamed Joe figure.
    *Sgt Rock I know rock figures came out but he wasn't a joe.
    *Sgt Fury
    *Audie murphy figure would have been just awesome!!!
    *Tommy Prince figure for us Canadians.
    That's all I would have liked to see...LOL
    Last edited by fallensaviour; Mar 22, '10, 2:13 PM.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

At the Toronto Action Figure Expo last year, Sgt Slaughter made some excellent points as to why they chose him. He generally tries very hard to be a role model and whenever he makes appearances, you see him really interacting so well with the kids and promoting what are generally viewed as positive habits... nutrition, patriotism, scholastic endeavors and the fact that he claims to live a drug-free relatively wholesome life (and will even try to refrain from a glass of red wine with dinner if there is a child present). Check out the Youtube clips of him.

Having seen many of the other eighties Wrestlers falling down drunk and generally obnoxious at quite a few conventions this year, I think they really made a good choice.

As much as I love R Lee Ermy, Full Metal Jacket's archetypical drill instructor is definitely R-rated and these days he's mostly playing that character for laughs whenever he shows up. He's great as WildCat on Brave and the Bold though.

I remember being very excited about the Street Fighter characters becoming Joe's, but the execution was hugely disappointing.

We did get Jean Claude Van Damme in a pretty good likeness though (terrible movie)...

Too bad not so much with Raul Julia and Ming Na. And no Kylie Minogue to do the Locomotion with me?
      Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 22, '10, 2:48 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Adrian Paul as The Highlander...w/ rooted hair!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
          WANTED for card bending
          • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
          I always thought one of the most fun things about the Real American Hero line was the fact that Sgt Slaughter and The Fridge were part of the Joe team. One of my disappointments was Rocky didn't actually get made into a figure after seeing him in the Marvel Comics Order of Battle #2.

What other "real life" Celebrity characters would you have liked to see join the Joe Team Past and Present?
          Lest ye forget we got a rowdy Roddy Piper convention exclusive too!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
            Lest ye forget we got a rowdy Roddy Piper convention exclusive too!
            Okay, I'm going to have to try and hunt that one down. I didn't realize Roddy Piper had made it into the Joes as well! They Live is just so hugely underrated.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

This would have been sweat. In hindsight, maybe a greater toyetic legacy than those Rambo toys.

Although that Stick with Boxing Gloves accessory is pretty ridiculous!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Now this is way too cool for school. Brilliant making him in Iron Grenadier with the Scottish connection and the fact that Piper was one of the all time best "Heels" in wrestling, IMHO.

*GACK* just checked out prices on ebay. $500-$800 bucks? For that amount he better be made of Plutonium (which I can use to power my Delorian).
                Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 23, '10, 9:23 AM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  At the Toronto Action Figure Expo last year, Sgt Slaughter made some excellent points as to why they chose him. He generally tries very hard to be a role model and whenever he makes appearances, you see him really interacting so well with the kids and promoting what are generally viewed as positive habits... nutrition, patriotism, scholastic endeavors and the fact that he claims to live a drug-free relatively wholesome life (and will even try to refrain from a glass of red wine with dinner if there is a child present). Check out the Youtube clips of him.

Having seen many of the other eighties Wrestlers falling down drunk and generally obnoxious at quite a few conventions this year, I think they really made a good choice.

As much as I love R Lee Ermy, Full Metal Jacket's archetypical drill instructor is definitely R-rated and these days he's mostly playing that character for laughs whenever he shows up. He's great as WildCat on Brave and the Bold though.

I remember being very excited about the Street Fighter characters becoming Joe's, but the execution was hugely disappointing.

We did get Jean Claude Van Damme in a pretty good likeness though (terrible movie)...

Too bad not so much with Raul Julia and Ming Na. And no Kylie Minogue to do the Locomotion with me?
                  Really his SGT heartman was his actual DI schtick and his personality turned down a notch to get it on film. his current incarnation in lock and load is really turned down for prime time (and he's mellowed a bit with age)

Technically the SF figures aren't joes just recycled joe parts. The actual Joe guile looks like the game guile with the big hair. the film line Bison and chun-li are recolors of the game molded figures from the joe line - no attempt was made to have them look like the films stars.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎