Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Would you rather buy a box missing the cello or the insert?

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      Would you rather buy a box missing the cello or the insert?
      Neither. I would just wait for one that had them both.
      Sammy

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

I would rather have the cello missing, than replaced. However, as Sammy said, I would rather just wait for one that had original cello. Unless it was an Uber rare piece that I had been looking for, for a long time and never showed up for sale anywhere. Then I would take missing, replaced, original, whatever popped up.

Comment

• megoapesnut
          The name says it all!
          • Dec 3, 2007

And of course, these are just opinions floating around, no right or wrong answer. It's all in the personal preference of the collector.

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by megoapesnut
            And of course, these are just opinions floating around, no right or wrong answer. It's all in the personal preference of the collector.
            Exactly. You should collect the way that makes you happy. Because in the end thats all that really matters
            Sammy

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by megoapesnut
              That is interesting as I ran across the same thing with my boxed CIPSA POTA figures. The accessories and clothing for the Urko figure is sealed in a crinkly baggie and the stuff for the Ursus figure is sealed in a softer baggie. All of my Mego POTA mailer figures are in the crinkly type baggie.

And another interesting thing is that I recently purchased a POTA soldier figure from someone and it was sent in a small box with packing peanuts, but the figure was in a plastic bag to protect it and I just happened to have it laying next to my mailer box figures one day and realized that the baggie is almost identical. I asked the seller and he said that it wasn't from a mailer figure. He is not sure where it came from, but he never owned any mailer figures so we are pretty sure it's not from a mailer. But you would be hard pressed to know that it wasn't if you had them side by side, as I did.
              I actually make plastic for a living, and I tell u the world of plastic is a big place, with gezillions types of plastic granuals, each mixed in a way giving a differant type of property.I doubt it very much if u could write down a formula what bags were used for what. Maybe mego changed manufactures a few times, even then mego giving them specifics what they want, the manufacturers could of got differant batches of granules from differant plants(I know I do), but still keeping within tollerance. Ive kept plastic with print, for referance (5 years), what was once soft, has now gone crinkly and brittle, it all depends what kind of conditions it was kept in, it basically changes its structure through time. At the end of the day, I think mego simply wanted a clear bag, that would seal under heat, and that was it, they werent bothered how each batch came in as, all this is, is only a bag inside a box.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎