X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by rikitikitavi
    I will buy the lizard Gorn. That's Mego!
    Me too! I think that'll be a good idea to separate EMCE Toys and other Action Figure Toys company.

Originally posted by The Bat
    Not all Mego's were good.
    I don't think so EMCE will make a custom Gorn like that. They're available repro Mego classic Star Trek crew and Aliens only, sorry.

If the EMCE Toys release the next 4 series set and up repro Mego classic Star Trek figures then I'll buy them:

Scotty

Urhura

Gorn

Mugato

Talos

Cheron

Keeper

And Neptunian.
    Last edited by Mr Mego; Sep 9, '07, 6:02 PM.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Commander
      I don't think so EMCE will make a custom Gorn like that. They're available repro Mego classic Star Trek crew and Aliens only, sorry.

That is...just Your opinion...and speculation on Your Part Pat. But We will see...only EMCE & the Doc know the anwser to this question.
      sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

i think there will be some changes . i mean the klingon top the lines on it are not as pronounced as mego the phaser is more orange then red. so a more acurate gorn is not out of the realm of possabilities. i will buy any gorn they make.

Comment

• mikeoz
          Mego Maker
          • Mar 9, 2007

I'll also buy any repro alien emce makes just to support them, but I'd like to see a more accurate gorn.
          Looking for:
          Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

Doc knows the market, and what we want. Have to remember he is supplying Diamond, and they own the license and call the shots. We should be sending our wish lists to them, to help support Paul's wish to make new and more accurate figures.
            I think it would be a good idea to get Pauls input on this before we start flooding Diamond Select with e-mails though!

Whats your prognosis Doctor?
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Commander
              Actually Pat, Doc has already hinted that if the sales go well, we might see never before released characters like Sulu and Checkov, so why not a series correct Gorn
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Paul also said..."He reads all the post's...and know what We want". So say it Loud & Clear Fella's...WE WANT Chekov, Sulu, & a Serie's accurate GORN!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

• davidb
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2007

Sulu and Chekov would be great. I wouldn't think that a Khan would be that tough either, especially in the red jumpsuit he wore on the old series. Of course, I'd also hope for other minor characters like a Nurse Chapel. And playsets (this would probably be the only way I'll ever get a Mission to Gamma IV).

That Gorn looks incredible as well.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

a no brainer that they will release the characters that have the best general audience first so we know the all basic crew is going to come out. even though most of us have them and klingons we bought them anyway knowing if kirk and spock can't sell he can't convince the distributors to buy more. as the more key aliens are to be covered soon, I would expect cheron as an alien after the romulan, basic costume with appearances in the show and the cartoon. When the other aliens come into play I think sales will drive where he goes. We all want a mass produces checkov and Sulu, most trek fans would love the green shirt for kirk but it's a fine balance Playmates made so many costumes variation dolls it was hard to keep up. I for one would love Mr leslie or cheif kyle (or any crewman in those overalls for that matter with any "generic" head he is already producing).

I would prefer more tv accurate representations for Mugato and Gorn but if he makes them mego copies I I would still probably buy 1 of them

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

What would really be great is a 2 pack of the original Mego version Gorn and a more series accurate one. I do get a kick out of the Mego's creative recycling but would like the series accurate one too.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by mego73
                        What would really be great is a 2 pack of the original Mego version Gorn and a more series accurate one. I do get a kick out of the Mego's creative recycling but would like the series accurate one too.
                        That seems (at first thought) like a good marketing strategy
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• batmanmc
                          mego batman collector
                          • Jun 22, 2004

i definitly wnt a brady gorn and a checkov and sulu. mike

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I wonder if CBS/Paramount would even approve the old Mego Gorn for reproduction? Remember it was Paramount who used newer, non-Mego headsculpts on the Happy Days figures over at CTVT. Not sure if it was verified, but I remember hearing Paramount didn't like the Mego likenesses.

Chris
                            Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Sep 25, '07, 3:54 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

That Gorn would require all-new, very expensive tooling. That's a lot to ask.
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎