Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

I don't seem to have those comparison photos. I thought I took them, but only snapped a pic of what I thought was a CIPSA bandolier. I'll have to borrow a nice complete USA Ape for a photo shoot. But my thoughts about the differences are the color shade of the plastic, and also those molded bumps being ever-so slightly different.

Picture from WorldMEGO:

Picture from the MM accessory check:
    Last edited by sauce; Mar 12, '10, 2:08 PM.

Comment

• sauce
      Removed
      • Jun 24, 2007

Again from our massively helpful and useful MM galleries, the rifles:

Comment

• piecemaker
        There's no need to fear..
        • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by nayrbgo
        I don't seem to have those comparison photos. I thought I took them, but only snapped a pic of what I thought was a CIPSA bandolier. I'll have to borrow a nice complete USA Ape for a photo shoot. But my thoughts about the differences are the color shade of the plastic, and also those molded bumps being ever-so slightly different.

Picture from WorldMEGO:

Picture from the MM accessory check:
        http://www.megomuseum.com/pota/acces...o/genbando.jpg
        Well thanks for looking.When i first looked at the bandolier you pictured,i thought there may be a difference in the ammo pouch "buttons",but looking at it closer it looks like that bandolier is in "played with" condition and the "buttons" are simply worn down.Looking at the pic megoapesnut posted with the accessories in the sealed baggies,the bandolier buttons on it look to be the same as MEGO.Hard to tell on the color shade from those so a different shade of plastic could be a difference.

Comment

• sauce
          Removed
          • Jun 24, 2007

I'm starting to wonder if I don't have a CIPSA bando

Comment

• piecemaker
            • Jan 26, 2009

Again from our massively helpful and useful MM galleries, the rifles:
            http://www.megomuseum.com/pota/acces...oldier/gun.jpg
            The gallery pics are very helpful,i've already checked those out.They cover MEGO and the known repro parts for each accessory.I've been to several websites and couldn't seem to find any info about these particular CIPSA accessories.(Rifle and Bandolier)The rifle has already been figured out,the bandolier is the question now.I'm sure someone here has the answer or we can figure it out.

Comment

• piecemaker
              • Jan 26, 2009

I'm starting to wonder if I don't have a CIPSA bando
              With the pics i've seen you post of CIPSA apes and their bandoliers,its possible you DO have one,unless the pics i've seen are old and you dont have them anymore.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                The name says it all!
                • Dec 3, 2007

I pulled my CIPSA Ursus down from the shelf and my boxed Mego Ursus from another shelf and studied the bandoliers. I am certain, as much as anyone can reasonably be certain, that the CIPSA Ursus has a genuine CIPSA bandolier as I opened it from a sealed plastic bag of accessories that I purchased from Arturo. I also find it hard to believe that my boxed Mego Ursus was removed from the box and a CIPSA bandolier put on it as that would be highly unlikely and I purchased it from a very reliable seller who does not collect or deal in the foreign figures. So I personally believe the one to be CIPSA and the other to be Mego without a shadow of a doubt. AND...drum roll please...

They are exactly the same in style, design and color. There are no differences that I can detect whatsoever. The bandolier that is sealed inside my CIPSA Urko and Ursus boxed figures also both look identical to the Mego (from what I can tell inside the plastic). So my conclusion is that they are the same. There might have been slight color variations at one point or another, but I am believing that Mego supplied CIPSA with the heads, knives and bandoliers. Somehow CIPSA got a Mego rifle mold with no checkering on the grip and no "bolts" on the handle and they didn't bother to take the Mego copyright off the mold, like they did with the bodies - or Mego supplied them with the rifles as well from a slightly different mold.

Here is a comparison pic. Sorry it is so crappy. I was to tired to get out my flash head. Hopefully I will get time to do that over the weekend and I will post better pics

Comment

• piecemaker
                  • Jan 26, 2009

Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

It's great to have a verification like that, thanks for taking the time to do the comparisons. And so in your opinion, the knives are the same too?

Comment

• English Paul
                      Archive cased.
                      • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                      , but I am believing that Mego supplied CIPSA with the heads,
                      The set of Cipsa'a that I had all had differences in the vinyl used for the heads in comparison to the regular Mego apes. The Cipsa vinyl had an almost transparent waxy look to it. The base vinyl colour just didn't seem as dense as the Mego heads.
                      "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                        The name says it all!
                        • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by cjefferys
                        It's great to have a verification like that, thanks for taking the time to do the comparisons. And so in your opinion, the knives are the same too?
                        Yes, they are identical as well. I have also been looking art my sealed carded Urko and Ursus figures this morning and the bandoliers and knives on those look identical as well.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                          The name says it all!
                          • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by English Paul
                          The set of Cipsa'a that I had all had differences in the vinyl used for the heads in comparison to the regular Mego apes. The Cipsa vinyl had an almost transparent waxy look to it. The base vinyl colour just didn't seem as dense as the Mego heads.
                          That I have not seen. All of my CIPSA heads look identical to my Mego heads. I haven't pulled any out of the bodies to check the plugs though

Comment

• piecemaker
                            • Jan 26, 2009

I pulled my CIPSA Ursus down from the shelf and my boxed Mego Ursus from another shelf and studied the bandoliers. I am certain, as much as anyone can reasonably be certain, that the CIPSA Ursus has a genuine CIPSA bandolier as I opened it from a sealed plastic bag of accessories that I purchased from Arturo. I also find it hard to believe that my boxed Mego Ursus was removed from the box and a CIPSA bandolier put on it as that would be highly unlikely and I purchased it from a very reliable seller who does not collect or deal in the foreign figures. So I personally believe the one to be CIPSA and the other to be Mego without a shadow of a doubt. AND...drum roll please...

They are exactly the same in style, design and color. There are no differences that I can detect whatsoever. The bandolier that is sealed inside my CIPSA Urko and Ursus boxed figures also both look identical to the Mego (from what I can tell inside the plastic). So my conclusion is that they are the same. There might have been slight color variations at one point or another, but I am believing that Mego supplied CIPSA with the heads, knives and bandoliers. Somehow CIPSA got a Mego rifle mold with no checkering on the grip and no "bolts" on the handle and they didn't bother to take the Mego copyright off the mold, like they did with the bodies - or Mego supplied them with the rifles as well from a slightly different mold.

Here is a comparison pic. Sorry it is so crappy. I was to tired to get out my flash head. Hopefully I will get time to do that over the weekend and I will post better pics

http://www.megocipsa.com/ftpimages/belts.jpg
                            Yeah the bandoliers do look pretty much identical from what i can tell from your pics.I thought i saw a small difference in them but i think thats caused by the pics being taken seperately,instead of one pic with both belts in it.You still have the rifle that was in the sealed bag you took the bandolier out of? It would be nice to have a pic of a pristine example of the CIPSA rifle.

Comment

• English Paul
                              Archive cased.
                              • Aug 17, 2005

That I have not seen. All of my CIPSA heads look identical to my Mego heads. I haven't pulled any out of the bodies to check the plugs though
                              I noticed it most when comparing the Galen/Cornelius heads and Dr Zaius.

Get the Mego and Cipsa equivalents side by side and i'm sure you'll see what I mean. Remember, it's not the moulds you are looking at, but the actual vinyl itself.
                              "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

It's true, side by side, I can definitely see a difference in the Zaius and Corny heads, especially Corny, "transparent and waxy" is a good description. I don't see much of a difference in the Ursus heads though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎