X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Cipsa General Urko

I bought this CIPSA General Urko off Ebay about a month and a half ago and just recieved him today.Unfortunately the bandolier he was pictured with in the auction didn't make the trip.My question is about the bandolier and the M-16.Are they the same as MEGO or are they different?The rifle does say MEGO on it.Thanks.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

The rifles have small differences in the detailing, but I forget exactly what. I've heard that the bandoliers are basically the same, but I'd be interested in hearing a confirmation from someone who can compare the two. Those boots are definitely Cipsa, nice and shiny. BTW, nice Urko, I still need that one.

Comment

• Kal-El
      Kirby is King
      • May 6, 2008

Nice grab off eBay
      sigpic

Comment

• highquality
        #1 Super Guy
        • Jun 10, 2003

What is it wth foreign figures and missing accessories? I'm still upset over my missing BASA Superman belt.

Nice Cipsa btw.
        WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• piecemaker
          • Jan 26, 2009

Thanks everyone,i'm real happy with the great condition of him,kinda P.Oed about the missing belt.The seller has sold these before,but they always seemed to be missing that belt.This one wasn't and was the deciding factor in pulling the trigger on him.This transaction seemed destined to go wrong from the get go,it got sent back to him once because the box was so damaged?! When i recieved it,it looked like someone had stomped on the box,then the box was put in a big plastic bag and wrapped with about 8 rubberbands,the one end of the box was open,so i guess i'm lucky i got him at all.(And not damaged) I contacted the seller,hopefully he will find it laying somewhere and i'll end up getting it eventually.I have had things like that happen before.If not i'll have to find another belt for him,no biggie.Now the "missing" BASA Superman belt,that sucks bigtime,i would be highly P.Oed about that.

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

I took some comparison photos of a CIPSA and MEGO bandolier. I'll find them.

Nice figure, mister! Sucks that the part is gone. I imagine you are going to talk to the man about that??? Oy

Comment

• megoapesnut
              The name says it all!
              • Dec 3, 2007

I have two boxed figures with the accessories sealed and the bandoliers look the same to me. Although it is a bit difficult to tell through the plastic and I aint gunna break em open to get a better look!

The rifles DO have Mego stamped on them and I can't see any differences, although again, it is hard to tell through the plastic with other accessories crowding around. I suspect Mego supplied the rifles, and heads to CIPSA along with the molds that CIPSA used after scratching off the Mego copyright info. But I might be way off base with that thought.

The boots are nice and shiny inside the bags.

Comment

• piecemaker
                • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                I have two boxed figures with the accessories sealed and the bandoliers look the same to me. Although it is a bit difficult to tell through the plastic and I aint gunna break em open to get a better look!

The rifles DO have Mego stamped on them and I can't see any differences, although again, it is hard to tell through the plastic with other accessories crowding around. I suspect Mego supplied the rifles, and heads to CIPSA along with the molds that CIPSA used after scratching off the Mego copyright info. But I might be way off base with that thought.

The boots are nice and shiny inside the bags.
                Thanks, thats good to know that the rifles did come with MEGO stamped on them.Your probably right about MEGO supplying the rifles,heads and body molds to CIPSA.They may have provided the boot molds also,but CIPSA used a different mixture of the plastic which made the boots come out with the "very shiny" look.The same may be true with the bandoliers,they may have used the same mold as MEGO,but because of different plastics or mixtures of plastic,they could have a slightly different look to them that makes them distinctly CIPSA,just like the boots. Bryan where you at with those pics??? I didn't check the WorldMego Accessory Check,maybe there's pics of the bandoliers there.I could've sworn i seen comparison pics somewhere.

Comment

• sauce
                  Removed
                  • Jun 24, 2007

http://worldmego.com/WMAC/Pages/59.html

Comment

• English Paul
                    Archive cased.
                    • Aug 17, 2005

Somewhere I have a comparison shot between the rifles. The lettering on the stock is different although they do both say Mego. The grip on the handle is different too but I can't remember which is which.
                    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• piecemaker
                      • Jan 26, 2009

Thanks Bryan,i was just looking at that,but the blownup version is much better.I'll have to look at the rifle that came with him and compare it with some others.Thanks English Paul.

Comment

• critter2
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 2, 2005

I was thinking that the checkering was not on the rifles handle, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• piecemaker
                          • Jan 26, 2009

I went through al the MEGO M-16s i have and found 3 major differences in the checkering on the grip and the "MEGO" trademark. Coarse checkering,a finer checkering and no checkering on rifle grip.The rifle that came with this CIPSA Urko has the coarse checkering.I'm curious which style is in the sealed baggie that megoapesnut has. I'll post a pic of them in a few.

Comment

• piecemaker
                            • Jan 26, 2009

The one on the left is the one that came with this Urko.The one on the right is interesting,no checkering,no H.K. and a few other differences.

Comment

• sauce
                              Removed
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Hmmm
                              fascinating!
                              i'd say that the one on the right could likely be the CIPSA

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎