Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I still think he should be on a fat body, just by definition; he's the Penguin...penguins are fat and they waddle, end of story.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Pengy needs to be short and squat, not fat and round. I looked at the Type 2 body, and it looked like it would take too much effort to make it work...cutting hard plastic to shorten it up, like on the torso, the upper and lower arms, and also the thighs and legs, regluing, etc. So...I am going the easy route and resculpting a short and squat body. Here's what I've massaged today. And guess what guys? It doesn't have to be perfect because it will be covered in clothing! I'm going to throw the legs in the oven now....and when it's cooled off, I will proceed with the groin area and move upwards.

Wow it looks fabulous in a photograph! It doesn't look that great in real life.
      Last edited by jessica; Mar 15, '10, 1:24 PM.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Ok, I concede (for now ), and I can't wait to see how the body turns out, Jess.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
          Ok, I concede (for now ), and I can't wait to see how the body turns out, Jess.
          Me too, because I am flying by the seat of my pants right now.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

That head is awesome Jessica.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

You did those in one day!? That's amazing?

I agree that he didn't really look all that fat in the series. A bit paunchy maybe, but not fat.

It was probably because he was a head shorter than Romero, who stood a good 6' 2 or 3" in height. Didn't the character also have a bit of a bowlegged walk? Maybe that's what led everyone to think he was heavy set.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Keep us posted!
              JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The covered by clothing aspect is where I cheated with my penguin, too. He's just on a Our Gang Repro body.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Jess, the head sculpt so far is superb, you've done a great job with the hat brim. Seeing this develop is so exciting!

Perhaps you could use a lion Rock/TT body & a bit of padding--like "Santa". Padding is exactly what Meredith used: His tail-coat featured attached shirtsleeve cuffs. He wore a t-shirt & padding under the vest, which was fake fur to mimic feathers. The collar was also attached, & then the bow tie added.

It occurs to me you might consider sculpting the collar to the neck, with the tie as a cloth accessory?

I think Buzz was 5'6". His height was a consideration in casting--Mickey Rooney was also considered...
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Mickey Rooney? Wow, never heard that one. Would have loved to see some of the other villains cast. I still picture Don Knotts as Jonathan Crane.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

He's cooking again. I will clean the body up once I put all the pieces together and try to smooth it all out.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Perfect height
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Don Knotts--that's an inspired idea: an anxious scaredy-cat, falsely confident, as the Scarecrow. Would've been brilliant!!
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• YANOULI
                            Part-Time Timelord
                            • Jan 9, 2006

regarding the umbrella, what about using one of those cocktail umbrellas?

All you'd need to do is sculpt over the handle and paint everything black.
                            " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Don Knotts as the Scarecrow?

I can see the anxious scaredy-cat part of it, but isn't the Scarecrow one of the more vicious villains in the Batman mythos.

I don't think that Don Knotts could have carried off vicious. Twitchy, yes. Vicious, no.

If Roddy McDowall hadn't taken on the role of The Bookworm, I'd suggest him for it. Now HE could carry off vicious!
                              JediJaida

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by YANOULI
                                regarding the umbrella, what about using one of those cocktail umbrellas?

All you'd need to do is sculpt over the handle and paint everything black.
                                That could definitely work...

Exciting things (at least for me) are happening on the Pengy front...I'm really very happy with the way his body is progressing. I just need a few more days to make it work.
                                Last edited by jessica; Mar 17, '10, 3:03 AM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎