X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
    I already told you that you could come over anytime and watch it! I have most of the show (save about 8 eps) and the movie!
    I know...but...it's hard for me to come over there! I couldn't remember if you have a DVD or VHS...I remember VHS....but I could be wrong...and my VHS player doesn't do "pause." It sucks basically. Add that movie to a list of items I haven't seen. I have never seen any Batman movies. Someday, maybe.

Hey one of these weekends, I'm going to come over there and we'll watch one of your favorite episodes, since I hardly remember anything of the Batman stuff. I just remember Batman and Robin crawling up on a wall while chatting and something about a black car in a cave. It's all very fuzzy.

Whew! Almost done!! Just a hat brim and to tweak the neck area to affix that Mego plug...Here he is for sizing purposes. Then onto other sewing costumes and customs. So much to do, so little time. I can't wait until this guy is painted and clothed. Someone buy a cast of him from me please!! Sculpting is so addictive...
    Last edited by jessica; Mar 13, '10, 3:46 AM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Don't worry Jess, I'm buying one for sure
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Captain_Mego
        Vet.
        • May 22, 2007

Jess you do such wonderfull work. I think the head sculpt looks Simply Oustanding.:

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
          I know...but...it's hard for me to come over there! I couldn't remember if you have a DVD or VHS...I remember VHS....but I could be wrong...and my VHS player doesn't do "pause." It sucks basically. Add that movie to a list of items I haven't seen. I have never seen any Batman movies. Someday, maybe.

Hey one of these weekends, I'm going to come over there and we'll watch one of your favorite episodes, since I hardly remember anything of the Batman stuff. I just remember Batman and Robin crawling up on a wall while chatting and something about a black car in a cave. It's all very fuzzy.

Whew! Almost done!! Just a hat brim and to tweak the neck area to affix that Mego plug...Here he is for sizing purposes. Then onto other sewing costumes and customs. So much to do, so little time. I can't wait until this guy is painted and clothed. Someone buy a cast of him from me please!! Sculpting is so addictive...
          http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7406/dsc02858e.jpg
          Hey, as long as your VCR has PLAY, FF, REW and STOP it's all good!

And yes, you will have to come over and watch Batman, and we can do some work on Rick Springfield (yes, we're making another one for Rick himself when I go on the cruise this November!)

Nice job on Pengy's head! We'll have to get you a fat body for modeling purposes, since Mr. Penguin was never that slim!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 28, 2006

Outstanding work Jessica! You are very talented!

Comment

• MeerkatMego
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 7, 2007

As always your work is amazing. It looks just like him.
              Meerkat Mego

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Somebody, I don't remember who, was working on a better fat body for customs like this.

As I remember, he was pretty upset that the Mego fat body had no waist articulation, the arms and legs were puny compared to the torso, which rendered the whole thing pretty unbelievable.

As far as I know, he managed to make a torso with waist rotation, sculpted new arms, and was working on a pair of legs, but there hasn't been an update as to how the figure is going.

Whoever you are, if you're still out there, let us see how the fig is coming. We'd really like to see how it came out.
                JediJaida

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Wasn't that DarkLord?

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  Somebody, I don't remember who, was working on a better fat body for customs like this.

As I remember, he was pretty upset that the Mego fat body had no waist articulation, the arms and legs were puny compared to the torso, which rendered the whole thing pretty unbelievable.

As far as I know, he managed to make a torso with waist rotation, sculpted new arms, and was working on a pair of legs, but there hasn't been an update as to how the figure is going.

Whoever you are, if you're still out there, let us see how the fig is coming. We'd really like to see how it came out.
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Yep, it was Darklord. Hopefully he's busy working on it or the female body or the batmobile.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

He doesn't look that plump to me...he doesn't look like he should be on a Mego fat body...

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

A-Men

Originally posted by polyester
                        you have a real talent jessica..
                        Amen to that! I am looking forward to getting some work from Jessica perhaps before Summer.

Keep it up Jessica. You are very talented. I'll PM you again when I get close...
                        —-
                        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                        - Captain Spock
                        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Whoot! Thanks guys for the motivation to keep on keeping on.

What would be super cool is if I can make a black umbrella that could really open and close. All I need would be that wire....I wonder where to get a thin wire that can bend but springs back into a straight rod? Does anybody know? Anybody here work for an orthodontist?

That's what happens when you customize. It snowballs into a real gigantic project. One simple little head which needs a better body...and then all the goodies that you want that could make it a perfect little pengy...

To do list:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ If you ever figure out the umbrella, I'll be your biggest fan. And I agree that he shouldn't be on a fat body, maybe a shorter mego body? Titans or Our Gang?
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

You're right Jessica, the Batman 66 Penguin doesn't really need a fat body, but any other version would.
                              And I would love a real Megosized umbrella
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like he's a full head shorter than Cesar Romero
                                Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎