X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shyndman
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 29, 2008

UFO

I just picked this up on DVD. I'm pretty sure (because I looked closely) that the UFO submarine crewwoman's uniform had a flesh-colored top underneath it. It was sexy but why a mesh top in a submarine? Seems like an odd choice for what is typically a chilly and damp environment.

Someone else may have already mentioned so apologies if this is a repeat. I thought the uniforms in Seaquest DSV were really good.

Originally posted by johnmiic
    I think it is and I think they changed it later in the season not to be.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

>why a mesh top in a submarine?

I thought they might be some sort of thermal transfer mesh; maybe meant to be worn under some sort of pressure suit. (Sorta like a space suit liner.)

Don C.

Comment

• number 6
        Village Idiot
        • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
        A strong runner-up would have to be the cod piece with wings that Sting was wearing in Dune.

If we're including SF comic charactors, then Killraven from Marvel's War of the Worlds had a pretty ridiculous outfit.

I would also nominate the uniforms from Doctor Who:Planet of Evil. '30s Buck Rogers + chest hair = ugly.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by number 6
          A strong runner-up would have to be the cod piece with wings that Sting was wearing in Dune.

If we're including SF comic charactors, then Killraven from Marvel's War of the Worlds had a pretty ridiculous outfit.

I would also nominate the uniforms from Doctor Who:Planet of Evil. '30s Buck Rogers + chest hair = ugly.
          Admittedly, Sting was a bit over the top... but I loved the costumes in Dune. The stillsuits rock!

Comment

• number 6
            Village Idiot
            • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
            ... but I loved the costumes in Dune. The stillsuits rock!
            Oh yeah, totally agree. The costumes, set design, make-up and casting were great on that movie. Too bad the acting, script and special effects stunk. Could have been great.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎