Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I need to get those EA games. I saw where Wal-Mart had lowered the price slightly on them. I can see myself getting bored with just whats on the Wii Fit Plus itself in a few months.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Uni
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 7, 2008

I got one to help me get over a breakup this summer (distraction, self-help, etc) and physically, I looked and felt better than I did in years! I really had more energy, etc.

I fell off the wagon in September. I now weigh 8 lbs more than I did then, so I'm curious as to how it will react when I get back on.

But I plan to get back on.

Comment

• Wyld Knights
        • Oct 7, 2009

I got one for my wife last year and decided to try it. I use it and really enjoy it.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I saw today that Big Lots has a bunch of accessories for this. They've got little dumb bell type controllers,a jump rope and one of those step training things.

Comment

• mitchedwards
            Mego Preservation Society
            • May 2, 2003

2 weeks and still going strong

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Still working at it too. I plan to weigh in this weekend. I weighed in last week in the after noon, and it told me I gained a pound back, but your weight can fluctuate that much in a day, especially after you have eaten.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MeerkatMego
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 7, 2007

I love my Wii Fit. I also have My Fitness Coach for wii, it's my favorite. You don't have to use the controler during the game (it's not really a game it's more like an exercise video). The nice part is it doesn't get dull like an exercise video, everytime you use it the computer mixs up the exercises and the more you use it the harder the exercises get. Plus after every 10th workout it test your progress so you can chart it. Best $20 bucks I ever spent.
                Meerkat Mego

Comment

• boynightwing
                  That Carl Guy
                  • Apr 24, 2002

I've had it for about a year now. It really helped get me started with getting fit. I just recently bought the Fit Plus but haven't had time to try it.

Comment

• cdhall
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2004

Body Mass Index

Originally posted by ctc
                    >I probably weigh 20-25 pounds over what I should.

I'm always leary of them suggested weights. According to the standard height/weight chart I'm almost 100lbs overweight.

Don C.
                    If that is Body Mass Index related, my Doctor and a Personal Trainer friend of mine say the BMI is BS. Body Fat% is meaningful.

Apparently when I was in pretty good shape at 19, I was also 15lbs overweight.

I have no idea what I weighed in Basic Training in the Army. I wish I knew.
                    —-
                    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                    - Captain Spock
                    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

Ok. So anyone made any notable progress since the last posting? I have had 3 runs of 3 weeks at my new apartment gym. Did some reshaping but didn't lose anything. I am going to change to cardio today or tomorrow when I go back to the gym. I think I did loose 1lb last week when I went back but I'm still stuck in about the same place I was in March. About +40lbs.
                      —-
                      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                      - Captain Spock
                      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I haven't used the Wii Fit since late spring, due to getting quite a bit of exercise in the summer and fall months. I've managed to stay right around the weight I left off at, by being mindful of my intake. I'll get back on it in a few weeks. I may pick up some new games to motivate us to get back into a good routine.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                          Banned
                          • Oct 25, 2010

We havent got a Wii system, but I'm offered them all the time.

As to 'Fit' - Do they offer a Resident Evil compatible version??

Comment

• boynightwing
                            That Carl Guy
                            • Apr 24, 2002

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
                            We havent got a Wii system, but I'm offered them all the time.

As to 'Fit' - Do they offer a Resident Evil compatible version??
                            LOL!!! running from Zombies would make you fit for sure! It is the first rule of Zombieland after all.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                              Formerly known as Del
                              • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              I saw today that Big Lots has a bunch of accessories for this. They've got little dumb bell type controllers,a jump rope and one of those step training things.
                              Some of those accessories are just jackets that fit over an existing controller. They don't have any effect of the gameplay. Make sure you're buying an actual working controller and not just a piece of plastic shaped like sports gear.

I wanted Wii fit when it was first announced, but I was reading the package and there's a weight restriction for the balance board. I'm pretty close to the limit, if not over. And while I'm overweight, I'm also short. Most of my male friends who are in similar shape(and gamers) tower over me. If I'm too big to use it, I can't imagine how far over the limit they are. So since I'm apparently too fat for Wii Fit, I'm going to the gym.

If that game changes your Mii avatar, does it stay that way on the virtual console? I was kind of surprised that the customizable Miis didn't have a wider variety of body types when the Wii first came out.
                              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 10, 2004

I'm hoping to get the WII fit for for x-mas. I've carried a good extra 20 ponds thru my 20's. In my 30's I quit smoking (add 10lbs), started working in an office, and then got laid off of work 8 months ago (add another 15 lbs.) I'm almost 6' 7" so I can hide it a little better than others, but I finaly had enough. I've tried different things over the years and nothing worked. About 1 1/2 months ago I started eating healthier foods and doing some excersie. Still no weight loss. Then I got online and did some research and found a calorie calculator. It helped me figure out how many calories I need to consume a day and lose some weight. I lost 24 lbs in 4 weeks by consuming 2100 calories a day and doing some light excersie. I think 5 to 10 of those pounds was due to reducing how much diet soda I drink. I think it's slowing down now and I'm on track to lose 2 lbs a week. When I get to my goal weight I can increase my calories to about 2400. Now when I go walking my knees, back, and ankles don't hurt anymore.

It's easier to lower your calories to a proper level, than to try to excersise to make up the difference. Once I started looking at my calories I was consuming, it made me sick. A trip to mcdonalds can cost you your days calories in 1 meal. I still excersie, but if you consume 4000 calories a day you have to do a lot of excersie to break even.

Someone posted this on yahoo today and I kind of live by this now:

Consider one mile of walking or running burns 100 calories and 3000 calories make up one (extra) pound. You consume 500 extra calories in a day you need to cover 5 miles to offset it. Otherwise in 6 days you've gained one pound. It's easier to not consume the extra calories. This isn't to say exercise is no good, just don't think it will burn off all the extra calories you consume.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎