X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCEtoys
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 1, 2007

"100 Years of Monster Movies"

Since you've all seen our Universal Monster MEGOs that we're doing with Diamond, I thought this was a good place to drop info about a project that EMCE and sister brands FearWerx and KlickWerx are all joining forces on.

It's far from an official announcement, but our "beta" Facebook page went viral, going from 35 fans to close to 800 in the last few days alone.

This year marks the 100th anniversary of Thomas Edison's "Frankenstein", which by our reckoning is the first real "monster movie". So, we thought it would be a good idea to develop a promotion celebrating the milestone with a year full of events.

For example, we're doing a monster movie marathon webcast 3/26-3/28 with LIVE intros from horror hosts who will all be gathered at the HorrorHound Weekend convention in Indianapolis. This kind of thing has never been done before, and we'll be running it out of two control rooms in both Indy and the SphereWerx HQ in New York. A more official announement is forthcoming; waiting for some names to confirm.

The next month we're at Monsterpalooza in Burbank and running a Monster Toy exhibit. Hopefully, this will be of interest to those of you with collections you'd like to display. If so, contact me directly at joe@spherewerx.com. We'll handle shipping, security at the event, etc. and make sure your collection is credited.

The following month we're back in LA at the "original" Weekend of Horrors (formerly Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors), with a whole host of monster-related events such as an art gallery, model contest and kaiju film festival.

Still to come are events at Toronto's Rue Morgue Festival of Fear and the NY Comic Con in october.

Meantime, you may want to bookmark the oficial web hub (under construction) at 100yearsofmonstermovies.com, or fan the facebook page, which is currently experiencing the most activity (Incompatible Browser | Facebook).

Anyway, thanx for your attention...anyone who wants to get involved/has something to promote during the celebration please contact me directly.

Cheers!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are cooking up for Toronto's Rue Morgue Festival of Fear.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• starhunter
      where the LEDYS at
      • Jan 15, 2010

i love the old horror movies...one of the things i collect is original movie posters from most of the classic horror and "B" movies

Comment

• BOTZWANA
        spam
        • May 28, 2009

You should send people to the only Monster Cafe in Mexico! There really isn't one in the states anymore either...I heard the one at Universals Theme park may be closing.

http://www.monstercafesaltillo.com

Comment

• Brazoo
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 14, 2009

Cool! Especially looking forward to the Rue Morgue Festival!

A quick question though, don't a couple of Georges Melies horror films pre-date 1910's Frankenstein?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Yeah, House of the Devil for sure.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎