Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeoz
    Mego Maker
    • Mar 9, 2007

You're doing a fantastic job so far. Keep posting pictures of the progress.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• aquatroy
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 28, 2002

John, that's just amazing! And, please, don't mind the curmudgeons. You follow your vision.
      Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Bubba Hotep
        • Sep 13, 2007

John (It is John, right- who is working on the Mego sized bridge?!)

Your project really takes the cake! As happy as I am with my Playmates bridge- I certainly could take a lesson or two from you and your lighting scheme! Wooboy, this is just FANTASTIC. I know how much time and effort it takes to make something custom like this and my hat is off to you and this fine piece. I think that between the two of us, we've pretty much given the ol' NCC-1701 her proper due, in plastic.

Cannot wait to see the finished pics... oh... and also, your effort helps to encourage me on to a hard finish with the effort it will take to put the final touches on my bridge.

KUDOS!

-Matt
        Last edited by ABMAC; Oct 8, '07, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• trekbridge
          • Oct 6, 2007

Star Trek Bridges

Hi Matt,

Yes, it is John...and thank you for your compliments!

I remember seeing your first Bridge up for auction on ebay several months ago and it really blew-me-away!

I think your right, between the two of us we are giving the old TOS Bridge a well deserved revival. I can't wait to see what lighting ideas you might have for your Bridge. Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Where I lack in skill, I often make up for in ambition.

P.S. Thanks to everyone else who has left positive comments. The project is moving forward at "warp speed", and I hope to have some new photos to post in about a week.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Hi guys......
            I just noticed this thread ......
            All this great Mego Trek bridge art has me at a loss for words......
            I'm really impressed at the effort and skill shown here.
            My gallery of USPS Priority box cardboard bridge customs from years ago is nothing in comparison to what i'm seeing now !!! ...
            CustoMego
            Man,
            Just needed to say ......
            I love what's going on here--- and it's GREAT to see Trek Classic bridge customs going stronger than ever ......
            Keep on trucking, dudes

Mike

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Wow, that is amazing.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bubba Hotep
                • Sep 13, 2007

Hollerin' back to Mike and John

First to Mike: I'm thrilled that you are on this post! Actually, it was your USPS sets which first got me thinking about doing my own set of customs (The Playmates Trek scaled bridges). It's funny for me to read you say that what you see here is blowing your stuff away, because (and I think John will back me up on this if he has seen your work, which I'm sure he has...) your sets are really, absolutely the pinacle of creativity! Man o' man... it was what you did with your cardboard that literally got my wheels turning. I don't have a picture of your pieces off-hand, but would you repost your sets here? I know that Megomuseum has them in the customs section, but I think your Capt's chair and Science station deserve a round here... don't you?

@ John: Holy God! You saw that Ebay auction? It's crazy the attention that piece got. I guess I should clarify for the rest of the reading audience- the Playmates scaled Trek bridge which I have built and is shown here, is actually the 2nd which I have built. The first went on ebay and did really quite well. Anyway, I'm just really surprised at how there is just this vaccum where original Star Trek bridge playsets could have been! Also, I appreciate your willingness to help- I indeed have many questions in the way of lighting, perhaps too many. One last thing of note; as has been said before, I will be custom editing a Trek DVD for my viewscreen which (should) allow for it to feature scenes of what was presented on there, for the crew. I don't know if you will be thinking of doing something along similar lines for your bridge, but if so- perhaps I can customize you your own DVD for your bridge!

To John, Mike and all the other customizers out there- thanks again for sharing all of your great work! This is what collecting is all about!

-Matt
                Last edited by Bubba Hotep; Oct 10, '07, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• trekbridge
                  • Oct 6, 2007

Star Trek Custom Bridges

First to Mike,

PLEASE do post some photos here of your custom Bridge work!!!

I saw some photos of your work on the CustoMego wedsite in Dave McCormick's section. He has two captain's chairs, the helm console, and Spock's science station.

I thought they were awesome!

They are VERY skillfully constructed, and our custom Bridge presentations here can't be complete without photos of them too!

Next to Matt,

Your main viewscreen/DVD player idea is nothing less than a pure STROKE-OF-GENIUS!!!

Yes, I would gladly pay you for a copy of your effects DVD when it's completed!

I have not yet built my main viewscreen section, I'm hoping to start work on it in November. There is a guy named Scott Jones who custom made all the back-lit panels I am using in my Bridge project.

Examples of his panels lit-up can be seen in the photos of my helm astro-navigator section and the red alert indicator light, on the turbo lift door section.

They are awesome panels and I was just going to use the ones he made for my main viewscreen.

However, using a small DVD player for the main viewscreen would really be the ultimate!!!

Bravo...you are the man!!!

Comment

• mego boy CA
                    megos are FUN!!
                    • Mar 30, 2006

great job, it looks like a cool looking playset.
                    sigpic
                    "To The Batmobile!"
                    "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• The Sentry
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Bubba Hotep
                      First to Mike: I'm thrilled that you are on this post! Actually, it was your USPS sets which first got me thinking about doing my own set of customs (The Playmates Trek scaled bridges). It's funny for me to read you say that what you see here is blowing your stuff away, because (and I think John will back me up on this if he has seen your work, which I'm sure he has...) your sets are really, absolutely the pinacle of creativity! Man o' man... it was what you did with your cardboard that literally got my wheels turning. I don't have a picture of your pieces off-hand, but would you repost your sets here? I know that Megomuseum has them in the customs section, but I think your Capt's chair and Science station deserve a round here... don't you?

@ John: Holy God! You saw that Ebay auction? It's crazy the attention that piece got. I guess I should clarify for the rest of the reading audience- the Playmates scaled Trek bridge which I have built and is shown here, is actually the 2nd which I have built. The first went on ebay and did really quite well. Anyway, I'm just really surprised at how there is just this vaccum where original Star Trek bridge playsets could have been! Also, I appreciate your willingness to help- I indeed have many questions in the way of lighting, perhaps too many. One last thing of note; as has been said before, I will be custom editing a Trek DVD for my viewscreen which (should) allow for it to feature scenes of what was presented on there, for the crew. I don't know if you will be thinking of doing something along similar lines for your bridge, but if so- perhaps I can customize you your own DVD for your bridge!

To John, Mike and all the other customizers out there- thanks again for sharing all of your great work! This is what collecting is all about!

-Matt

MAAAAATT! YOU YLD & SHATNER LOVING, BLACK T-SHIRT WEARING LIKE A NINJA MASKED GANGSTER YOU! WELCOME AND GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE! See the buzz you started? I swear I had to pull Trappy off of the computer so many times it wasn't even funny!
                      Welcome once again man! \m/
                      sigpic
                      http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                      [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Bubba Hotep
                        • Sep 13, 2007

Phasers Set To Stunning!

Hahah.. Lee, you are awesome! Just sent you a myspace comment.

@ John- Didn't find any contact info for you, hit me up at my email address and I will keep you abreast of the progress of the DVD creation. You can hit me up at

matthew_amy@mac.com

Comment

• The Sentry
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Bubba Hotep
                          Hahah.. Lee, you are awesome! Just sent you a myspace comment.
                          Matt you are truly one-of-a-kind man! LOL! Glad to see you in the ranks of the Mego community!

Stunning, you kill me man, you really do.
                          sigpic
                          http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                          [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Bubba Hotep
                            • Sep 13, 2007

Playmates Box Art

Hey Folks,

John just sent me more photos of his Mego scale bridge and it is coming along AWESOME! I think he was waiting to compile some photos where wall sections were a bit further along- at any rate, they are looking great! In the meantime, feast your eyes on some proposed box art for my Playmates bridge. (If you compare it to the TNG bridge they actually put out, you'll see I followed their format quite closely...)

Cheers,
                            Matt

Comment

• Customslab

thats is a very cool

Comment

• Dave Mc
                                Administrator
                                • Oct 20, 2002

John's been feeding me pics of his progress on this project for months. My only real response to the emails are "amazing" "stunning". The detail he's going into is all that, and no other words can describe. A couple months ago, I asked him to keep all these pics and descriptions he's been sending me, so we can do a step by step feature and archive this amazing project in CustoMego. That will come when he's done.

I also tried to con him into boxing it all up and shipping it to me for "more detailed photography", but he wasn't buying into that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎