Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closer look: Heroes in Action's Obama figure (with pics!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ctc
    >are presidents public domain?

Y'know.... that's a good question. I think they ARE; with some caveats. The older the guy, the less likely he's gonna sue, so I think you're safe with a Lincoln or Washington. And I think, as public figures, they're fair game; UNLESS you do them in a way deemed inappropriate or defamatory. Which is kind of in the eye of the subject. So it'd probably be a good idea to get permission first.

Celebrities work a little different, since their image is considered integral to their occupation. But I don't think that applies to the rest of us.

Don C.
    I'm pretty sure we own our own likenessess and life stories. But as far as Presidents go, it may be the result of being a public figure. Now I'm curious as to the legalities. While I'd be bothered if a sitting President set up his own Merchandising company to make some bucks on the side while in office, it seems wrong that once out of office he has to just sit by and watch people make money off his face and name.

But then again, I think no President has ever not profited with speaking gigs, lobbying rewards, etc that come from selling their influence and knowledge after the fact, so maybe next to that, licensing income isn't such a big deal.

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Where can I get this figure? Is it available any more?

Comment

• REMOVED
        • Apr 24, 2024

i like this body a whole lot. I wish they'd make them available for customizing. Only thing I'd change is the arms. The elbow seems in the wrong place and they are a bit short for an otherwise realistic sculpt.... I like the scale too.... Taller but fits right into the Mego universe.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Obama would make a great Tuvok.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            Obama would make a great Tuvok.
            Hey,..come to think of it,..your right!

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

When are the Lincoln figures due out? Anybody know...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎