Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closer look: Heroes in Action's Obama figure (with pics!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

I like the tallness. I'd use this for something like a Darth Vader custom so he'd be a bit taller than the other Megos.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by megojim
      I don't get the facination with such a figure . . . . I confess I'm not a fan of the Man himself, nevertheless I wouldn't go buy a Ronald Reagan figure either . . . unless it came with a monkey . .
      -jim
      Peggy Nisbet 8 Inch Doll from England Ronald Reagan - eBay (item 400104918954 end time Feb-26-10 14:57:10 PST)
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

It's a good looking figure but I don't know why they choose to put him in a light suit. I think I always have seen him in a dark blue suit.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Damn, it looks more like Liberace than Reagan.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• spamn
            Minty and All-Original!
            • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by mego73
            It's a good looking figure but I don't know why they choose to put him in a light suit. I think I always have seen him in a dark blue suit.
            This is the variant edition. The normal edition comes in a black suit, but I had trouble locating one online at the time of purchase.

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by spamn
              This is the variant edition. The normal edition comes in a black suit, but I had trouble locating one online at the time of purchase.
              Oh, I see

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

I gotta get one of these....
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• spamn
                  Minty and All-Original!
                  • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  A line of Presidents would be cool, hitting the biggies. A good Lincold might actually get me to finish my Amazing Screw-On Head figure.
                  You know they're working on a Lincoln figure, right? I cannot wait for that one to come out.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by megojim
                    I don't get the facination with such a figure . . . . I confess I'm not a fan of the Man himself, nevertheless I wouldn't go buy a Ronald Reagan figure either

I like them Both.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'd buy a bunch of different presidents. (Including an extra Regan for a "Ron Headrest" custom!) Then I could solve; in Mego scale, one of the biggest riddles of the ages: who's win, Superman or Roosevelt?

....and someone DID make an awesome Lincoln already. I got the head, and I THINK someone posted pics of the whole figure, which has a really bad body.

Don C.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Wow, that body looks pretty nice. I like the double hinged knees. I do wish it was the same size as Megos, but I also agree that the slightly larger size is cool for taller characters.

I have never heard of Heroes In Action. Do they have any licenses or do they plan to do public domain figures like presidents, historical figures, etc. (are presidents public domain? I guess they aren't trademarked. Never pondered that before....) The must be planning to do some superheroes or something if they have a more muscular torso waiting in the wings.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          (are presidents public domain? I guess they aren't trademarked. Never pondered that before....)

Is that True ?
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>are presidents public domain?

Y'know.... that's a good question. I think they ARE; with some caveats. The older the guy, the less likely he's gonna sue, so I think you're safe with a Lincoln or Washington. And I think, as public figures, they're fair game; UNLESS you do them in a way deemed inappropriate or defamatory. Which is kind of in the eye of the subject. So it'd probably be a good idea to get permission first.

Celebrities work a little different, since their image is considered integral to their occupation. But I don't think that applies to the rest of us.

Don C.

Comment

• spamn
                              Minty and All-Original!
                              • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ctc
                              ....and someone DID make an awesome Lincoln already. I got the head, and I THINK someone posted pics of the whole figure, which has a really bad body.

Don C.
                              Yup, you're thinking of the 70s or 80s Fun World Lincoln. Great sculpt, passable suit, mego compatible head, lousy body. Heroes in Action will put it to shame with their figure if Obama is any indication.

Comment

• spamn
                                Minty and All-Original!
                                • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                                I have never heard of Heroes In Action. Do they have any licenses or do they plan to do public domain figures like presidents, historical figures, etc. (are presidents public domain? I guess they aren't trademarked. Never pondered that before....) The must be planning to do some superheroes or something if they have a more muscular torso waiting in the wings.
                                As far as I know, this is their first figure. But I hope they do get more properties, and I'm curious what use they're going to put the muscular torso to also. It bodes well for some kind of licensed property, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎