X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ Collector
    The Biggest Little Man!
    • Aug 24, 2008

Originally posted by trekman101
    Went there today and talked to the guys who unpack the trucks from the loading dock.....only DCU two packs where on the trucks .....manager says he knows all about the Retro Action figures but none have hit this area yet...should with in a week though
    So I waited on the phone for 20 minutes to get the wrong info!! It seems people in general just don't take pride in what they do anymore!

Comment

• Megosaurus
      Banned
      • Aug 6, 2007

Stay in Belgium Bat BOY and wait till you and your CAT get these before acting like a Strawberry Shortcake....you seem like you haven't got the point at all. Foreign translation: THESE SUCK AS IS!!! KISS DOCS BUTT ALL U WANT THESE ARE NOT WELL MADE! HE SHOULD IMPROVE WAVE 1 FIRST. ANYONE WHO CARED ABOUT THEIR REPUTATION WOULD HAVE MADE SURE THIS WAS RELEASED WITHOUT DESIGN FLAWS. SPEND YOUR EUROS ON THIS BAT BOY!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Megosaurus
        Well Kanga, Baby Roo wants to know how you feel about buying a defective new action figure. Make your though visible!
        Yeah, I'm not worried about it. If I buy something I'm not happy with, I either take it back, sell it, or fix it.

I have never bought a figure that was perfect and didn't need something fixed. Ever.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Stay in Belgium Bat BOY and wait till you and your CAT get these before acting like a Strawberry Shortcake....you seem like you haven't got the point at all. Foreign translation: THESE SUCK AS IS!!! KISS DOCS BUTT ALL U WANT THESE ARE NOT WELL MADE! HE SHOULD IMPROVE WAVE 1 FIRST. ANYONE WHO CARED ABOUT THEIR REPUTATION WOULD HAVE MADE SURE THIS WAS RELEASED WITHOUT DESIGN FLAWS. SPEND YOUR EUROS ON THIS BAT BOY!
          What a mature response, your family must be proud.
          I know all too well what the problem is. English may not be my mother tongue, but I do understand English perfectly. In fact, I'll go as far as saying my English is better than yours. And yeah, I will spend my euros on these and many other figures. Thank you for your comment
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Megosaurus
            Banned
            • Aug 6, 2007

Really. I totally expected a decent level of quality control here. I never had an issue with one of my MEGOS. Still don't like 30 years later. I don;t think it is fair to ride on Megos coattails by pretending to be the same caliber and quality if it is not. Point in cases Classic TV toys. Mattel, Doc mego and fans know Mattel can make a better product if they wanted to. Why let them take your money for no reason at all. I can understand the joy of megos...but its like saying we should legalize crack just because it makes you feel good!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Really. I totally expected a decent level of quality control here. I never had an issue with one of my MEGOS. Still don't like 30 years later. I don;t think it is fair to ride on Megos coattails by pretending to be the same caliber and quality if it is not. Point in cases Classic TV toys. Mattel, Doc mego and fans know Mattel can make a better product if they wanted to. Why let them take your money for no reason at all. I can understand the joy of megos...but its like saying we should legalize crack just because it makes you feel good!

You've never had a Mego's knee pin break? Or thumb break off or foot crack in half? Mego's were always messed up when I was a kid. I had very few Mego's survive my childhood, but I had plenty of other figures that did.

Mego's can't sit in any other way than cross legged on the floor style. Kirk looks like an idiot trying to sit that way in the captains chair.

Mego's aren't perfect either, their heads are too big, most of their outfits look like pajamas, but we like them anyway.

So the Mattels aren't perfect. It's OK. We know they aren't. They really just have to stand on the shelf and look cool for me to be happy with them.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

I got a few phone calls and e-mails about Green Arrow going for $80 on ebay.
                Mattel has assured me that there will be more figures, but did not have a
                date when they would back on sale on mattycollector.

If you encounter someone who wants a Green Arrow - let them know that
                they will be back on matty for $20. (plus shipping)
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• megonaught
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 29, 2008

man if you dont like them, dont buy them.
                  alot of toys have had running changes. i mean look at all the han solos we can get.
                  have faith. the retros will get better.
                  Action Jackson is his name.
                  Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I would like people to be civil in their response, name calling is not allowed. I know it's a toy board but we don't have to be childish.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Duncan
                      Museum focus-groupie
                      • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy

My only problem is I've already misplaced Lex's Kryptonite.

That's very cool, in a 1975 kind of way. I also look forward to misplacing my Lex's Kryptonite.

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                        I got a few phone calls and e-mails about Green Arrow going for $80 on ebay.
                        Mattel has assured me that there will be more figures, but did not have a
                        date when they would back on sale on mattycollector.

If you encounter someone who wants a Green Arrow - let them know that
                        they will be back on matty for $20. (plus shipping)
                        Doc, that is spectacular news! Thanks!

Comment

• JimCem99
                          New Yorker stuck in Hell!
                          • Jan 30, 2010

Originally posted by spamn
                          Doc, that is spectacular news! Thanks!
                          I know I'll get one.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                            A Ray of Sunshine
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Nada has shown up here in east TN.

BTW original Megos were not perfect either. I remember emblems always falling off, T1 leg splits, paint rubs, oven mitt gloves that would not stay on and a few characters not even being close to looking like their comic appearance such as Cap just to name a few flaws. It was just part of the quirkiness that was Mego. There's nothing that will suit everyone.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                              Live Long and Prosper
                              • Mar 23, 2008

I hit the TRU in Mountain View, Ca. and nothing. They don't even have any space made for them. I'll be back though. I want to see them in the store for sure
                              Sammy

Comment

• Megosaurus
                                Banned
                                • Aug 6, 2007

Only thing worse than new too toys arriving broken are holy than thou collectors. Get over daddy issues while posting on toy boards. Leave your parenting off line and away from other adults even if they are more childish than you are. Sour puss...which is a general statement about fuddy duddies and not in the slightest way a name calling tactic. I guess this is why Robin eventually left Batman....he was tired, old, and boring. Titans Ho!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎