• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Uni
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...der/luthor.jpg

I was disappointed to find only Luthor and Sinestro at my local TRU, but Ryan at the game counter knew all about them, said that all the collectors swarmed in on Saturday.

Carrying my Luthor to the register, I literally felt 9 years old. I was at Toys R Us buying a Mego! I can't overstate how excited I was. Unbelievable.

There are still two Sinestros and one Lex Luthor at the Porter Ranch Toys R US, for you locals.

Incidentally, Ryan is concerned because the store won't order more DCU figures until the Captain Colds (that have been in since last year) sell. I hope that doesn't affect the ordering of the MattelMegos!

-Joel
    You touched me with your story,... i cant wait to go through the same feeling when seeing them on the pegs once more,..and feel that tingling inside when taking one or two to the register,..just like being a kid again in 76 ! We have a TRU in PR,..but every time i go or ask the manager,..he doesnt even know what im talking about,...jerk!
    So I'll be more than happy if anyone can send pics of them on pegs in the store,..just for old time sakes!

Ray
    Last edited by captact; Feb 22, '10, 8:37 PM.

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Awesome! I'm gonna have to stop by my TRU and check them out
      Sammy

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Joel,

That is such a cool story. Can't wait to get that feeling as well if I ever get to see any in the store. Damn scalpers are swarming in these parts.

I have four TRU all within a 20 mile radius and all of them always get picked by scalpers.

Originally posted by Uni

I was disappointed to find only Luthor and Sinestro at my local TRU, but Ryan at the game counter knew all about them, said that all the collectors swarmed in on Saturday.

Carrying my Luthor to the register, I literally felt 9 years old. I was at Toys R Us buying a Mego! I can't overstate how excited I was. Unbelievable.

There are still two Sinestros and one Lex Luthor at the Porter Ranch Toys R US, for you locals.

Incidentally, Ryan is concerned because the store won't order more DCU figures until the Captain Colds (that have been in since last year) sell. I hope that doesn't affect the ordering of the MattelMegos!

-Joel

Comment

• Megosaurus
          Banned
          • Aug 6, 2007

Enjoy the substandard product with gimpy legs, flat heads, wonky waists, and thunder thighs....Maybe Wave 2 will get better. Try harder folks....Wave is a failure.

Comment

• toyman
            Just Another Collector
            • Sep 1, 2008

[QUOTE=Megosaurus;480906]Enjoy the substandard product with gimpy legs, flat heads, wonky waists, and thunder thighs....Maybe Wave 2 will get better. Try harder folks....Wave is a failure

I hope its just me and the way i take your posts but you seem to never have anything positive to say.
            Give some credit to everyone who worked to bring back the mego figures and show some respect and quit complaining all the time,this is a fun place to be.
            Do you even own or seen the new figures in person,don't knock them till you do.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Uni

wow ... good to know store's stock them like DCU's.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

I gotta check Toys R Us soon!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Link to the blog post doesn't work for me.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Uni

-Joel
                    Great story, thanks for sharing
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Megosaurus
                      Enjoy the substandard product with gimpy legs, flat heads, wonky waists, and thunder thighs....Maybe Wave 2 will get better. Try harder folks....Wave is a failure.
                      Jeezes, what's with all the hate lately? I can understand voicing your complaints, but this is (again) an over the top reaction. If you hate 'em so much, don't buy 'em.
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ AMen, Megosaurus we get it already.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

WOW!! Very exciting to see Luther on the Pegs! I plan to buy all of Wave 1 at Toys are us...the thrill of picking them up will be so cool. Plus it allows be to look them over, and find the best ones.
                          sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2004

Ihave have to check TRU on the way home. There are actually two close by and more a little father out near me since they are headquarted only a few towns away from where I live. Not surprised about Lex & Sinestro since they were going for a broad appeal and more kids are going ot want a Superman for instance. Fine by me since Lex is the one I want most.

Comment

• Megosaurus
                              Banned
                              • Aug 6, 2007

Really not so sure you have been getting all the messages. Yes I have purchased all the figures and opened them up...which most happy posters have not. Unfortunately it is hard to create a positive review about a toy if it is not well made. So unfortunately the news is not good at all...despite members of this community being involved....I can't wait till others open up these figures or find them to get the intel for themselves. What will consumers who aren't your friends actually think about the product? Probably not as much as you were thinking or hoping for that matter!

Comment

• timb
                                Will Draw for Toys
                                • May 1, 2009

For those of you who've bought one from TRU, what was the retail price on them?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎