Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the angry orc
    • Jan 5, 2010

Originally posted by Orion
    Looks great. I love that head sculpt on him. Where they the only two available on the shelves?
    yah, they just had lex and and two sinestros. my son and i got there about 10:03 am and the lady said they had just put them out so i missed the others by a hair (which is cool since i have them on order). i really want to get an extra gl outfit for sinestro and have a gl version of him.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

I just swung by the TRU in Times Square and they only had 5 left- 3 Luthors and 2 Sinestros. They weren't even displayed. I almost missed them lying flat on a shelf amongst the many superhero toys.

BTW, they only have 2 Luthors and 1 Sinestro left now.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• draconianguard
        #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
        • Mar 12, 2004

I found 1 Green Lantern, 1 Sinestro and 2 Lex Luthors at the North Haven, CT TRU. Here's my opinion on them-

The good-
        Great character assortment. I always wanted an 8 "Luthor as a kid. It's seeing an extension to a line instead of exact replicas of vintage figures. The extension helps instead of hurting the secondary market like exact copies.
        Nice head sculpts. Detailed, but not overly detailed so they look retro.
        Good clothing. I like the boots and vinyl cuffs for the gloves as well.
        Nice accessories

The bad-
        The packaging. These are the thinnest cards I have ever seen for a licensed mass produced figure. It seems impossible to keep them mint. My friend said he picked up a figure by the bubble in the store and it lifted right off! I hate the plastic hooks as well. The card design is mediocre.

Quality control. I kept mine on the card, so I can't speak about the bodies of mine. It just seems like a lot of people have problems with them when they open them up. Stitching, missing accessories, etc. have been reported. The only problem with I can see with mine is with Green Lantern. The paint op for his mask is off and doesn't look as good as it could. The emblem is also cracking on his chest. I plan to exchange it for a better one when I see it in the stores.

The price. For $20, I expect a near perfect product from a huge company like Mattel and a product with the DC name.

I just wanted to address a few other comments people have made.

1) Scalping. It seems a lot people assume if there are missing figures in the store, scalpers must be the culprit. Most people don't even want to spend $20 retail, let alone more on them. Most new toys can't be scalped any more since the toy companies seem to be the scalpers now with their high retail prices. For example, look at what Mattycollector.com does with exclusives. They cut out the middle man and charge high prices for new figures.

2)Defending poor bodies on the figure. When people say they are not happy, but buy another body to swap with. It seems liked many are happy after that. You spent $20, then have to go through the trouble of purchasing another body and swapping parts out to make it perfect? It shouldn't cost you extra money and time to make it perfect. These are mass produced by Mattel, not some small company. There is no reason Cast Away bodies should be higher quality than something from such a huge company.

Those are my opinions. I still like the line and hope the bugs are worked out. Series 2 looks cool and can't wait to see them.
        Last edited by draconianguard; Mar 17, '10, 4:05 PM.
        Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

I am holding out till i find them on the peg. Still nothing today.......sigh.. i appreciate those who offered to pick up extras.

Comment

• the angry orc
            • Jan 5, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
            I just swung by the TRU in Times Square and they only had 5 left- 3 Luthors and 2 Sinestros. They weren't even displayed. I almost missed them lying flat on a shelf amongst the many superhero toys.

BTW, they only have 2 Luthors and 1 Sinestro left now.
            that's the way they were at the tru i stopped at. i only saw them because i bent down to look at the dc universe classics/motu 2-packs.

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

Toys r us in Sterling Heights Mi. has 4 of each figure. I just left there a 1/2 hour ago.
              sigpic

Comment

• spamn
                Minty and All-Original!
                • Mar 28, 2002

Finally found a full stack at Retail in Christiana Delaware! I took the last GL, but Lexes, Supes, and Sinestros are still there.

Both GL's had the 'goo' on the inside of the card discussed in other threads, though it was harder to see in one of them than the other. I've got a fan blowing air through the holes in the bubbles now, so hopefully by tomorrow they'll be fine.

But now I'm finally able to take the GL picture I wanted to:

Comment

• drmego
                  EMCE Toys
                  • Jun 15, 2001

Nothin but empty pegs at the Melville, Garden City, and Massapequa TRUs
                  here on the Island of Long.

I keep taking my kids after school hoping to get a pictures with them
                  and the toys. My daughter had an idea - when I get my cases from
                  Amok Time - I should bring a few cases into TRU and stock the shelves
                  for the picture.

I told her that the management may not appreciate me bringing in my
                  own merchandise for a photo op.
                  www.drmego.com
                  www.megoman.com
                  www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• supes
                    For the love of Mego's!
                    • Jan 19, 2004

I am going there tomorrow morning, I hope they still have a Superman.

Originally posted by spamn
                    Finally found a full stack at Retail in Christiana Delaware! I took the last GL, but Lexes, Supes, and Sinestros are still there.

Both GL's had the 'goo' on the inside of the card discussed in other threads, though it was harder to see in one of them than the other. I've got a fan blowing air through the holes in the bubbles now, so hopefully by tomorrow they'll be fine.

But now I'm finally able to take the GL picture I wanted to:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/4336ccdd.jpg

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• WannabeMego
                      Made in the USA
                      • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by WannabeMego
                      Just picked up a set from the Blue Star Mall Toy-R-Us in Watchung, NJ.

Looks like they had 2 sets...Someone had bought a Superman before I got there.

I bought a complete set for Berto and left a Sinestro, Lex Luthor, & Green Lantern for some of my fellow Megoheads who live nearby...Go Get'em Guys
                      Went back last night...All Gone!!!

Spoke to the Store manager and asked when they were gonna get some back in...He said that they sold their (Toys r Us) inventory and it's on back order...

Don't know how true that is, but it would be pretty kewl if that were the case...as long as Mattel doesn't start to short pack and keep a steady flow of new figures, this will be a good run for them.

Congrats Paul...I'm glad you're finally realizing your dream...it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Cheers.

Tom
                      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• the angry orc
                        • Jan 5, 2010

stopped at tru on my lunch break but no restock yet. i'll hit them up 1st thing tomorrow a.m.

Comment

• wilbs518
                          Mego Collector
                          • Jul 25, 2009

All the tru's around here have them in stock now. I got the stitched lex the other day.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Was at the TRU in Seacucus NJ today....had two Luthor, Two Sinestro, 1 each of Supes and GL...I grabbed the GL.....Luthor was stitched. The peg tag said $14.99. They rang up at $19.99 but I was able to get them to overide for the lower price.
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎