X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

CTVT inventory

Is CTVT doing anything new, or just selling off old stock?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Selling off old stock.

Comment

• gonzo
      Banned
      • Feb 3, 2010

How can CTVT afford to sell their products for so cheap? I'm amazed at the quality of the heads I bought from them for only $2! I was looking on Doctor Mego's site and he wants $10 for a head and I don't even think it comes painted. I'm sure his heads are great quality, but the price difference is staggering.

I hope CTVT makes a lot more product because I will eagerly buy it up.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

CTVT had a lot of problems with their earlier runs, and that put people off right away. They got better with each release; but them first impressions are hard to overcome. Especially when you add in how much recalcitrance there was at the beginning. (There was a pretty big divivde between those who hated how reissue figures dinged the price of classic ones, and those who were glad to get the figures for cheap. It was a zillion times worse than the wheedling going on for the all new 8" figures.)

Don C.

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

I just checked their site and they have a TON of figures for sale. I had been hoping to get the Knights and Robin Hood for my son so he'll have a mix. I was under the impression that they needed to be swapped onto Castaway or Doc bodies.

Is the quality good enough to use them as they come? They are like $5ea. That is amazing. I'll have to do a Star Trek adventure on the Shore Leave Planet. They also have some reworked figs as Monk, Druid, Wizard... I had no idea.

So their quality is up? Anyone played with them? Any good reviews? Even with an $8 Castaway bodyswap, the figs are in the $13 range which gives Trek and WGSH a lot of people to interact with...
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>Is the quality good enough to use them as they come?

The last batch of bodies I got were up to snuff; but the actual characters were probably made with older bodies, so the quality is kinda up for grabs. It isn't tough to swap 'em out onto original Mego, or Doc Mego bodies.

Don C.

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by cdhall
              I just checked their site and they have a TON of figures for sale. I had been hoping to get the Knights and Robin Hood for my son so he'll have a mix. I was under the impression that they needed to be swapped onto Castaway or Doc bodies.

Is the quality good enough to use them as they come? They are like $5ea. That is amazing. I'll have to do a Star Trek adventure on the Shore Leave Planet. They also have some reworked figs as Monk, Druid, Wizard... I had no idea.
              Funny you should mention it. The Ivanhoe figure and Robin Hood figure arrived yesterday and I'm stunned on how good they are. I didn't take the figures out of the box but the price and quality was perfect. You can't go wrong. I'm going to pick up some other Knight figures soon. My Pirate set was a bit dinged up but it added to the retro feel.

BTW, the Ivanhoe head (purchased seperately for $2) makes a great comic version of Tony Stark. Plus, CTVT shipped everything the same day as I ordered it! I'm a HUGE fan of them.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Toy Talk
                Old and out of touch
                • Aug 7, 2009

My kids play with a handful of CTVT figures daily and have since Christmas. To date none of them have broken. They are holding up just as well as any other toys they play with. I love CTVT and truly wish they would start adding some new lines.
                "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• TrueDave
                  Toy Maker
                  • Jan 12, 2008

I found them before I found Dr Mego or Castaway and was turned off by the bodies. If you are keen to replacing bodies i think they are great for the obsure lines of MEGO.

Heads have a bit of a habit of paint rubbing during play .

Comment

• GUYx1
                    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                    • Apr 20, 2005

I think the big price difference with heads for Dr mego is that so many of his are hand cast unpainted resin, vs factory heads like Ctvt.

I think CTVT has it's good points and it's bad points. Never thought of going to them for heads because I am pretty old school on that point.

CTVT is the fastest shipper in the mego world. The 24-48 hr turnaround makes it well worth your while to deal with them.

The rest of the mego world kind of has a 2-3 week turnaround time, and generally an extended turn around for Resin Cast items. (However there are a few mego head makers who seriously set their own speed records)
                    Cheers,
                    Guyx1

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                      Time to feed the cat
                      • Dec 30, 2007

You can't beat them for the price.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Awesome. I will order them and check them out and then deal with swapping bodies if necessary. The thought scares me. I have done it successfully twice. I think I have Fonzie on a Trek body, I'm not sure. But that was also a soft rotocast head swap. But these will be rotocast too, right?

Thank you all. I am looking forward to having almost all the Megos I had as a Kid. It will take me a few weeks to go through scenarios with my son.

I'll have enough stuff that I may not deal with the Mattel World's Greatest Defective Heroes.

Unless I catch them on sale and swap the bodies. Anyway, that is another thread.

Thanks for the CTVT reviews.
                        —-
                        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                        - Captain Spock
                        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

CTVT is selling off all their old stuff cheap because they're done in the 8" action figure arena. They made some good choices in the characters they made. SPACE:1999 was a great line, has a attentative fan following and we could use more characters from it. One has to wonder why they didn't follow with fan favorites such as UFO, Doctor Who, (the series re-launch could have worked out for them), or other Gerry Anderson shows which have fans on both sides of the Atlantic. They also made some unusual choices: The Brady Bunch and Married With Children, (Whut tha hell!?!?!?). They had problems when they launched because their bodies were not as durable as Doc's bodies. Many people complained that they were broken in the package even before opening them. Making toys is a fast paced business and they took time addressing quality control and responding to customers complaints-probably too much time. I think this hurt them because word of mouth got around faster than they could address the problem. Tho they fixed it people made up their minds about them and lost interest in their product.

Comment

• raider5gt
                            Museum Tree Cutter
                            • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
                            You can't beat them for the price.
                            No but shipping oversea's is a killer

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by cdhall
                              Awesome. I will order them and check them out and then deal with swapping bodies if necessary. The thought scares me. I have done it successfully twice. I think I have Fonzie on a Trek body, I'm not sure. But that was also a soft rotocast head swap. But these will be rotocast too, right?
                              The heads are rotocast. Placing the Ivanhoe head on a Doc Mego body was the easiest head swap I ever did. If you feel nervous you can buy extra bodies from CTVT for $3. I found the clothes are tight on a Doc body but you just have to wrestle with it. Like you I'm learning as I'm going. Thankfullly, most of this stuff is affordable.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎