Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

I'm really surprised that Flash isn't part of this wave. The logic seemed to me to be two existing Mego remakes and the rest never-mades, so I thought he'd be a shoo-in. Then the proportions change on me! But I can never have enough Batmen, and great that we get a blue-black variant and a new Bruce Wayne head!

It's funny, at the Philly toyshow yesterday, I was marvelling at how much deeper in color the Brian Leitner Aquaman outfits are than original Mego, and now I get the chance to get one that corrects the problem!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, but it really surprises me that so many folks aren't excited by these. Yes, the bodies aren't quite there. I'd love to have seen them on a Cast-A-Way like body. But these do have a very nice Mego feel to them. And at $20-$25, a good value in today's insane toy market. They aren't perfect, but they are the closest thing to Mego WGSH we've gotten since 1982.

The character selection makes perfect sense to me. Batman is there to anchor the line, and Two-Face is still hot from Dark Knight. Aquaman and Manta are both getting exposure from Brave and Bold.

A few years back the board would have exploded with the release of these pics.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• boynightwing
        That Carl Guy
        • Apr 24, 2002

Batman looks great with his cowl off. Also I love that shade of blue.
        Two Face is a great choice for me because I already have Joker and Penguin.

I can't get as excited over Aquaman but he does look really good. My friends 5 year old is really into Aquaman so I'll pick one up for him.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I was kinda on the blechhh side of this, but now I am liking them a bit more as old school kids toys. If I want realistic, I can make my own. I really like the look to Batman.
          I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, but it really surprises me that so many folks aren't excited by these. Yes, the bodies aren't quite there. I'd love to have seen them on a Cast-A-Way like body. But these do have a very nice Mego feel to them. And at $20-$25, a good value in today's insane toy market. They aren't perfect, but they are the closest thing to Mego WGSH we've gotten since 1982.
          I'm with you guys.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Black Manta is SWEEET! Best next to Green Arrow IMO. I was hoping he would be in this wave.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Only one I don't like is Two-Face. The gray hair he has just seems weird to me. Guess I'm use to the purple hair. Still would have liked Scarecrow instead.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

TWO FACE?! That's great and entirely unexpected given the thoughts that we were getting Superfriends.

But a wonderfully commercial choice since he was in The Dark Knight movie recently and is a much more popular character now.

Happy to see Harvey Dent make it to mego looking good n' ol' school.

and MANTA as well!
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

A year ago we had nothing but rumours and hope, now look at the embarrassment of riches this toyfair has brought us, this is an incredible time, I find it hard to pick apart anything.

I've found the last 10 toy fairs boring and disappointing, I can't believe what today has brought.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by spamn
                    I'm really surprised that Flash isn't part of this wave. The logic seemed to me to be two existing Mego remakes and the rest never-mades, so I thought he'd be a shoo-in. Then the proportions change on me!
                    Errrr, that's exactly what they did here. Batman and Aquaman are remakes nd Two-Face and Black Manta are new

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    And at $20-$25, a good value in today's insane toy market.
                    I'm gonna get multiples of Batman and Two-Face, but $25 is pretty expensive for these. Add to that the shipping to Belgium and these are insanely expensive
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                      Supes took a header.
                      Like I said!! He needed a lead box for the Kryptonite Lex has!!! Now he's dead. I told you so! I was supporting this line hoping Marvel and Hasbro would take a hint and make Marvel figures. If this line bombs, we probably won't see Hasbro make any...
                      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 14, '10, 7:04 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I don't think anyone posted this link here. Some better pics.

Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions

I like the Batman sculpt. It does look like it may be a cowl, because you can see the neck under the cowl area it seems. Very Super Friends-like.

Two-Face is dead-on the classic comic interpretation.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• levyguy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 4, 2009

They should stand Superman back up!
                          I like the Bruce Wayne face! Not bad- I think I can agree with points everyone here has posted. Hopefully the problem with the body will be fixed. But it is great these are being made! Unlike most of you guys I'm older and did not buy the WGSH when they were in the stores. I was lucky enough to have Captain Action, Action Boy and the painted haired GI JOES! I was used to the larger figures. I saw Superman at Kresgees and walked around the store with him contemplating if I should by him or not. I wanted to, but he was so small compared to my 12-inch Captain Action Superman I could not justify spending the $4 or $5 on him! Now of course I feel much differently about it. I wish i had gotten him!
                          These new WGSH won't be around for long. Lets enjoy them while we can, I can't wait to actually see them at TRU!

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

cool, i gotta get that RC Bats
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Two-Face is dead-on the classic comic interpretation.
                              The two face is spot on, I have that issue of Justice League.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hulk
                                Mayor of Megoville
                                • May 10, 2003

Heck, I'm just happy that they are continuing the line, but my take on the selections...

Aquaman - I'm glad they're showing him the love, and I think this is probably the best improvement figure so far. Molded "A" belt and scales, FTW! Non-pointy ears, thanks.

Black Manta - the logical choice, and this one seems good enough. hopefully a cool Trident will come with him. Besides the head, I never was overly impressed with the look of the character, but it will be nice to have a rotocast version for the masses.

Two-Face - I actually really like this choice, since we already have a thorough compliment of original villians in our collections. The only one I'd like to see redone fairly early is Catwoman, so Bravo to Mattel for this choice. He will proudly enjoy a prominent place in my display. Execution seems fine from what I can tell from the limited picture quality. Guessing a coin will accompany, dime sized would seem about right (out of scale but fitting in his hand with clarity).

Batman - Natural Wave 2 selection, and looks better than the original from what I can tell, although I want to see a better pic of Bruce's head, I really hope its not as flat as the original. I personally would have preferred a Molded cowl, but at least this one is more comic accurate and hopefully looks less like a Halloween costume. The cape looks longer, although I'd prefer scallops (and cloth but didn't expect it). Since the figure is so easy to get, like others I guess I just wished for something a bit different, but I'm happy overall.

As a whole wave, I'd put this very promising, although not quite as exciting as wave 1 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎