Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Supes was strung so tight he fell over in that pic. Hope someone gets a close up of the removable cowl and the Bruce Wayne head. Hard to really make a call on that just yet.

Comment

• toystalker
      none
      • Mar 27, 2008

spooky.. im being teleported all over the forums lol im sure i was just in emce section lol

how cool, it didnt even hurt a bit

Comment

• toystalker
        none
        • Mar 27, 2008

yeah supes looks... "waisted"

i couldnt resist that 1, ill give you that 1 free

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
          Lover of Megos
          • Jan 3, 2010

I think they look great but I can't stand Mattel's big boots! Plus once you handle them you realize these aren't Mego repro's. Why didn't they just use them EMCE bodies?

Comment

• megalomaniac001
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

I am very excited for these. I even agree with many of the criticisms of these. I personally would like to see buff bodies for characters like Batman and Superman, swiveling biceps, thinner boots and more comic book accurate head sculpts (Even though I love the Super Friends vibe too!). That does not dampen my spirits for this line. I will customize some, keep some as is and enjoy being able to buy brand new 'Mego' like figures. Let's hope Mattel will listen to us and make improvements as the line goes forward. That is why I think we should be able to express our opinions freely and not bash on each other for having an opinion. We have opinions because we care about these and want them to succeed! I will by them as is no matter what, but I could see myself buying even more of them for custom fodder if they made the improvements I would like to see!

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by megocrazy
              I'm actually kinda pleased with the character selection. I've always thought Aquaman was kinda lame but love the Black Manta choice. Two Face is good, to me, because quite frankly he's new. I have Joker and Riddler. I can see where new kids that don't have a Joker or Riddler would prefer more popular choices but as a collector I like it. And as for Batman, it's in the Super Friends style and has a removable cowl, can't get much better than that.
              Chuck nailed it!
              I too hope they correct some of the imperfections as parents won't buy these for their kids if they fall apart. I have every belief Paul & Mattel knows what they are doing. I'm still blow away by all of the nitpicking! You guys better stop and enjoy this brief moment in "toy time" it'll be gone before you realize what happens.
              Last edited by megojim; Feb 14, '10, 11:36 PM.
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• callistofreak
                Who stole my stuff !!!
                • Jul 1, 2006

Do, we have any info yet?
                Will the RC Batman be a Matty figure?
                Or just a chase figure,in the case?

I like the new wave.
                2 of the big guns, and 2 never been made villians.

I say if you want Megos, pop the head and clothes on a mego.
                There you go. Any way you look at it. For only $20 I get a great outfit
                and all the accessories to make my own mego version. Or some fun customs.

Is there a date for wave 2??
                sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

Aquaman looks better in that side photo. I will probably buy them all except for Two Face.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

NOW we're talking. Batman and Two-Face, hell yeah.
                    One thing tho: everyone keeps going about Batman having a removable cowl, but to me it looks like the cowl is molded and there's in fact 2 different sculpts: a Batman sculpt and a Bruce Wayne sculpt. I'm probably wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. The head with the cowl on looks almost the same size as the others, with a RC cowl on shouldn't it be a lot bigger?

Either way, I'm buying multiples of each
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

I'm really digging these. So glad that Batman is there. Being mainly a Marvel guy I like the choices, especially when 2 figures show up that Mego never made. Could they be made better? Sure but given the retail price in today's market I think they are just fine and I'll be happy to buy them.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
                        Anybody know where I can get a good Custom Neal Adams Batman Head.
                        For ****'s sake, could you at least wait till you've seen close-ups?
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• geoffdude
                          Banned
                          • Apr 18, 2009

Comment

• TEXASFETT
                            #1 Bounty Hunter
                            • Aug 29, 2008

Joker would have been a plus for one with the ole bat.I like them not bad but are not the final look in any of them.Will see what happens for real with wave 2.

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
                              Lover of Megos
                              • Jan 3, 2010

Black Manta is awesome. Superfirends all the way!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I was kinda on the blechhh side of this, but now I am liking them a bit more as old school kids toys. If I want realistic, I can make my own. I really like the look to Batman.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎