• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by madmarva
    Jason,

I can understand why you feel that way because the figure you and other customizers here make look so much more like the characters in the comics, but to me it's really neat to get a Sinestro, Luthor, Black Manta and Two-Fact that should have been made in 1978.

Actually it's a Bit more than that..., to be honest Terry.
    After Talking to the Seller that Has the 1st Wave on Ebay,.. and getting him to seperate the 1st Wave of figures..., I did Purchase Green Lantern and Sinestro..., (Waiting for them to come in the Mail) , to check out and add to the Ever so growing BK Lantern Shrine..., and to support the Idea of these. I Really Had No interest in Superman , GA Nore Luthor. To Be Honest,.. I can't Stand Luthor as Superman's Go-To Villian to begin with.

Black Manta, and Two-Face are just Lack Luster characters for me. I just have no interest there either. Not too Keen on the Look of Batman , and I really think the 9inch Aquaman was the Best Inscale to almost Mego representation of the Character on a Production run.

I dunno Man,.. with all do respect to everyone Envolved in the Project, hats Off..., I just wanted More ..., Since obviously these are not Mego,.. and it is 2010..., I want more as a Customer.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      Actually it's a Bit more than that..., to be honest Terry.
      After Talking to the Seller that Has the 1st Wave on Ebay,.. and getting him to seperate the 1st Wave of figures..., I did Purchase Green Lantern and Sinestro..., (Waiting for them to come in the Mail) , to check out and add to the Ever so growing BK Lantern Shrine..., and to support the Idea of these. I Really Had No interest in Superman , GA Nore Luthor. To Be Honest,.. I can't Stand Luthor as Superman's Go-To Villian to begin with.

Black Manta, and Two-Face are just Lack Luster characters for me. I just have no interest there either. Not too Keen on the Look of Batman , and I really think the 9inch Aquaman was the Best Inscale to almost Mego representation of the Character on a Production run.

I dunno Man,.. with all do respect to everyone Envolved in the Project, hats Off..., I just wanted More ..., Since obviously these are not Mego,.. and it is 2010..., I want more as a Customer.
      Yeah I have to agree with you Jason. After I've had a few days to digest these and then see the new selections for Wave 2, my excitement has died down considerably. The back snap on my Sinestro has already broken and I didn't even do anything to it! I'm past annoyed at the custom jobs people HAVE to do on the bodies because, quite frankly, Mattel should have had the bugs worked out before they started mass producing them. Exactly how hard is it to make an eight inch figure that can stand up straight? Hasbro's efforts with the 9 inchers are superior to these...and they cost less too. Mattel will need to come down on price beause the quality is not there, especially since they all pose like they ate some bad chicken...

Comment

• Raydeen1
        Persistent Member
        • May 23, 2008

My oldest is geeking over Batman's mask being removable almost as much as I am. We're in for at least 3. Gloves cuffs will probably be exchanged on mine. Can't wait to see better pix.
        Oh and course, the body has to go.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I don't mind the Black Manta.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I love these. I hope everyone doesn't keep complaining about these. It's really tiresome when I am sooo excited for them.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I hear you Jason and totally understand. I agree about that 9-inch Aquaman and the GL by the way. A great modern interpretation of a young Hal.

Those are probably my favorite mass-market super-hereo figures ever.

The 13-inch DC Direct figures are nice, but they are a bit big and the articulation while good isn't that natural. Plus they are too expensive.

My biggest complaint the new figures other than the size of GL's head is their poseibility. The set I bought when you bend them at the knee, they don't hold the pose well. The arms are better. They hold their pose well.

While I would have rather have had a Flash and a Captain Cold first, the Manta looks good to me and Aquaman is very megoish, and I like Two-Face a lot better than Riddler and Penguin.

I'm going to support this line because. they really got a lot of it right. And I don't think kids will notice any of the the picky things that I've complained about or others.

If I can find another GL and Sinestro at retail, I'm going to put the GL suit on him to have a GL corps Sinestro.
              Last edited by madmarva; Feb 14, '10, 4:07 PM.

Comment

• Kal-El
                Kirby is King
                • May 6, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                I love these. I hope everyone doesn't keep complaining about these. It's really tiresome when I am sooo excited for them.
                Ya what the Bear said.... I need more photos of this next wave
                sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

I'm actually kinda pleased with the character selection. I've always thought Aquaman was kinda lame but love the Black Manta choice. Two Face is good, to me, because quite frankly he's new. I have Joker and Riddler. I can see where new kids that don't have a Joker or Riddler would prefer more popular choices but as a collector I like it. And as for Batman, it's in the Super Friends style and has a removable cowl, can't get much better than that.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by megocrazy
                    And as for Batman, it's in the Super Friends style and has a removable cowl, can't get much better than that.
                    Actually I think they COULD be better.....
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Raydeen1
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 23, 2008

Jason, you can't fault people for complaining. The majority of the gripes I've read about are more than justified. These figures are expensive. People have a right to want quality when they're spending their hard earned money. This is true in ANY business.
                      Everyone is still excited but there's a lot of people who feel let down. Some folks are fine with the figures the way they are and that's fine. Others feel it could have been executed much better. I'm of this opinion. They're great to see but just because they're being made doesn't mean anyone owes Mattel anything and I don't think it fair to demand silence of folk's opinions. The whole: "We should be grateful they're being made at all" argument is thin and weak in this day and age. The technology is there, there are more than plenty of Mego experts and collectors out there who could've been consulted and the cost for the seemingly poor quality is not justifed IMO. Hopefully they take people's opinions and weigh them carefully because when you boil it down, the majority of people who'll be buying these and who they're being marketed toward, will simply spend their money elsewhere and the line will die. I don't think ANY of us wants that to happen.

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Comment

• mitchedwards
                        Mego Preservation Society
                        • May 2, 2003

is the RC a real cowl or a head swap?

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

All of the BBP/EMCE stuff that's being unveiled today is better than this Mattel Wave IMO....The Twilight Zone stuff for example is unbelievable and spot-on...from a show that's BLACK and WHITE and 50 years old and is basically a lot of actors in basic and obvious costumes. But it POPS! And then we have Mattel doing iconic DC characters who are larger than life in the funny pages with exotic looks and colorful costumes and they look like kit-bashed stuff.
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

LOVING THIS LINE!

Wave 2 looks AMAZING! I KNEW Batman would be in Wave 2, with a REMOVEABLE cowl no less! Two-Face is a surprise but COOL villian choice! I was hoping Aquaman and Black Manta would be in one of the 2010 waves! Love Aquaman's SCALES! Been a Black Manta fan since Legion of Doom! Speaking of Legion...

Wave 3 WANTS:

WONDER WOMAN- NO CLOTH bodysuit! ROOTED hair and LASSO!
                            Cheetah- Legion of Doom version!
                            FLASH- BARRY ALLEN! PLEASE!
                            Captain Cold- MORE Legion of Doom!

Keep this line going FOREVER, MATTEL and EMCE! THANK YOU for bringing DC Megos BACK! I can JUSTIFY paying $20 each for THESE!

Comment

• MegoSteve
                              Superman's Pal
                              • Jun 17, 2005

You know what? They could be better (body issues, mostly), but we're talking $20-25 mass market toys, not a $200 Hot Toys release. I don't disagree that there are guys here that are doing customs that are loads better than these. Call me when they start selling them for $25 each packaged.

Bottom line: I'm excited. Batman looks great, and we get two new characters. I just wonder which wave will have Wonder Woman and Cheetah, because they have to be coming. Wave 3?

My dream would be some non-superhero supporting characters like Mary Jane Watson, Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen.

P.S. As much as I'd love to see Captain Cold, I hope that the way the DCUC version has warmed the pegs doesn't put the kibosh on him.
                              Last edited by MegoSteve; Feb 14, '10, 4:28 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Agreed Anthony. The items from BBP, especially Ming, are just MIND BLOWING. Now, to me, that is utilizing modern day techniques to make a quality action figure. We shouldn't have to
                                compare quality from 35 years ago. I mean, c'mon! If Mattel can't stand up to the quality of a Mego made in the early to mid 70's, I just give up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎