X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gremlin517
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 20, 2009

Originally posted by Hulk
    Heck, I'm just happy that they are continuing the line, but my take on the selections...

Aquaman - I'm glad they're showing him the love, and I think this is probably the best improvement figure so far. Molded "A" belt and scales, FTW! Non-pointy ears, thanks.

Black Manta - the logical choice, and this one seems good enough. hopefully a cool Trident will come with him. Besides the head, I never was overly impressed with the look of the character, but it will be nice to have a rotocast version for the masses.

Two-Face - I actually really like this choice, since we already have a thorough compliment of original villians in our collections. The only one I'd like to see redone fairly early is Catwoman, so Bravo to Mattel for this choice. He will proudly enjoy a prominent place in my display. Execution seems fine from what I can tell from the limited picture quality. Guessing a coin will accompany, dime sized would seem about right (out of scale but fitting in his hand with clarity).

Batman - Natural Wave 2 selection, and looks better than the original from what I can tell, although I want to see a better pic of Bruce's head, I really hope its not as flat as the original. I personally would have preferred a Molded cowl, but at least this one is more comic accurate and hopefully looks less like a Halloween costume. The cape looks longer, although I'd prefer scallops (and cloth but didn't expect it). Since the figure is so easy to get, like others I guess I just wished for something a bit different, but I'm happy overall.

As a whole wave, I'd put this very promising, although not quite as exciting as wave 1 for me.
    My only problem with Batman is that I really hope that they make his mask go down a little lower so there isn't as much of his skin showing. Please Mattel--please make it so!

Grem-
    Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!sigpic

Comment

• Gremlin517
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 20, 2009

Originally posted by drmego
      Batman will have a removeable cowl, but the sample from the factory
      was all black, so in order to avoid confusion, they showed the head
      and mask as one, and the Bruce Wayne sculpt.

All 4 of wave 2 will be at Toys R Us.

As for compliants - I would rather hear them now and show them
      to Mattel, then wait until the line is cancelled, then discuss what
      we didn't like.
      I think they look awesome, I'm still getting used to the sleeve-gloves, but my only constructive criticism would be to please make the Batman mask go down lower so that there is less neck to be seen above the cape.

Grem-
      Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!sigpic

Comment

• Gremlin517
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 20, 2009

Originally posted by creature
        These are awesome. I like all of them. A Mego Two-Face. That is the coolest one out of the first two waves for me. I hope that the masses really get into these and the line continues. Is there going to be an online exclusive for this wave? Hopefully Flash or Plastic Man will be in the next wave.
        Somebody should casually mention that Mego is back on all of the bazillion geeky message boards that we are part of--like Aint it Cool News, etc...

Grem-

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Big Bad Toy Store has them up for preorder, expected arrival July.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megosaurus
            Banned
            • Aug 6, 2007

Originally posted by Ivaniski
            Excellent Job! You're Bruce Wayne with the hair parted to the side and the defined Jaw line makes him look Much better now. Again, Great job !!!
            Originally posted by LovethoseMegos
            First I do love the over all look of the figures. My biggest criticism is the waist articulation. It's too loose and wobbly. The Arms are nice and tight but trying to move the figure with the waist so loose sucks. Number two, the boots look way too big. Tone them down to the actual mego size. I love my Superman till I pick him up and his hip goes every which way. Please have Mattel fix the waist issue.
            Doc has said in a previous thread that the higher ups of Mattel think Wave 1 is a perfect slam dunk! It has never even been widely released at retail and they are already patting themselves on the back for a job well done. He also noted that they would probably not hear the complaints despite the numerous one from rabid fans who have already tracked down and purchased all of the figures. It is a shame to think that Mattell will not step up to the plate and fix the issues that plaque this line. The waist does not fit into the pelvis and flops over....nor do the legs do anything but dangle with poor movement in their moon boots. What is it gonna take to have Mattel take these complaints seriously if the Doc doesn't even think they will listen to him?

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by megomania
              Oh, really?
              Wishful thinking...

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Wow, no Flash in wave 2?

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                  WANTED for card bending
                  • Apr 26, 2008

Hey Doc, AFTER toy fair, is there a chance of posting the black cowl to silence this issue once and for all?

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

After seeing closeups, I don't like Aquaman's head sculpt at all. The cowled Batman head looks terrible, but I realize this was a last minute thing for Toy Fair, so I will reserve my final judgment on him for now. Two-Face looks great, but I have no interest in the character. So far the only one I will be buying is Black Manta who looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎