Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One step forward,Two steps back-HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

One step forward,Two steps back-HELP!!!!

I'm just about done with my 8" Phoenix figure but I ran into a problem.I bought a pair of yellow hero boots from Cast A Way Toys and they won't fit.I tried useing a blow dryer to get them to fit but no luck.I have a pair of their old style hero boots and they fit perfectly.The problem is I went to order a pair of the old style boots but they don't have them in yellow,HELP!!!!I tried to contact someone at Cast A Way Toys but they haven't responded and I don't know what to do next.I thought of buying the old style hero boots in white then painting them yellow but I'm not sure of what type of yellow vinyl paint would work best for these boots.I would appreciate any help about what to do next so that I can finish up this figure.If someone knows how to reach(and get an answer)from Cast A Way Toys,let me know.Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you all soon.
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

try putting some baby powder into the boots...

If you decide to paint the older castaway boots, the best vinyl paint available is Duplicolor's Vinyl and Fabric spray paint. They carry it at most auto parts stores, but you'll have to order yellow online here:

Dupli-Color High Performance Vinyl & Fabric Spray - DUPHVP1series

Comment

• dreddbatfan
      Museum Super Collector
      • Oct 3, 2008

Thanks,I Tried The Baby Powder And That Didn't Work.I'll Probably End Up Buying The Paint And Painting The White Old Style Boots.I'm Hoping To Hear From Cast A Way Toys To See If They Will Paint The White Boots Yellow For Me But I Won't Hold My Breath.Thanks Again For Your Help.
      Last edited by dreddbatfan; Feb 12, '10, 1:58 PM.

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

if you are trying to put them over a jumper, take the feet off and put the legs in that way - it will still give you a nice tight fit and no one will be the wiser.

Comment

• dreddbatfan
          Museum Super Collector
          • Oct 3, 2008

I Can't Take The Feet Off Because I Had The Jumpsuit Made So That It Covers The Feet.Thanks Again For Your Advice,I Just Ordered The White Old Style Boots And I'll Be Ordering That Yellow Paint That You Gave Me The Link Too.Has Anybody Used The Yellow Paint Before And What Does It Look Like When It Dries?The Cans Lid Looks More Gold Than Yellow And I'm Hoping The Yellow Is Brighter Then The Color On The Lid.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

put a bowl about 3/4 full of water in the microwave for about 50 seconds. take the bowl out of the microwave and put the boots in the water for about 30 seconds. pull the boots out of the water with some tongs or tweezers (careful they will be hot). dry them off and slide on. They should be very soft and forgiving.
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• gaga4toyz
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 10, 2004

Mego spidey answered with the paint I would use to paint the old style boots.
              Boss answered with the hot water technique i also use. I heat the water a little longer (micrwaves vary) You may also want to wet the foot a little. I think they are worth the extra work when you get them on. Be carefull with the hot water. Thanks Jason (Castaway toys)

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I just cut the Feet off the Suit, and tape it to the Ankles. Bare Feet go into the Boots easier.
                sigpic

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by dreddbatfan
                  I Can't Take The Feet Off Because I Had The Jumpsuit Made So That It Covers The Feet.Thanks Again For Your Advice,I Just Ordered The White Old Style Boots And I'll Be Ordering That Yellow Paint That You Gave Me The Link Too.Has Anybody Used The Yellow Paint Before And What Does It Look Like When It Dries?The Cans Lid Looks More Gold Than Yellow And I'm Hoping The Yellow Is Brighter Then The Color On The Lid.
                  If you ordered yellow, it is yellow. I've used it before and it doesn't chip, scrape, or flake off. It bonds with the plastic actually changing the color. You will love it.

Comment

• mazinz
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 2, 2007

can I just ask, what exactly does baby powder do to boots?
                    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Makes them all fresh and keeps the dolly feet dry and sweat free.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Makes them all fresh and keeps the dolly feet dry and sweat free.
                        seriously though does it do something to the boots? I have a dragon figure 12" body someone had put together, but I could not remove the boots at all, almost like the were glued in. I actually had to cut open the bottom of the soles to get them off that way and I saw white residue, so if it was powder (at one point), know that it can turn the damn thing into glue and really give you a problem later on should you need to remove the boots in anyway
                        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• dreddbatfan
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Oct 3, 2008

Just a quick update:The hot water treatment didn't work at all.I've decided to buy the old style boots and paint them yellow useing the duplicolor paint.I did find out why I'm having trouble putting the boots on.The ankle in the new hero boots are narrower and the old style boots are wider in the ankle.I suggest anybody(like me)who has the feet covered by the jumpsuit buy the old style boots and paint them the color you need,use the new hero boots for figures that the feet are bare.Thanks to everyone with their suggestions,I really appreciate them.The next thing is to find someone in my area that's good at spray painting because my arthritic hands would just screw up the paint job on the boots.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

baby powder won't turn to glue. Your white residue was probably from super glue. It leaves a white residue around where the glue was used, I've found.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎