Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Wee67
      Brushes, soaps, bubble baths... who didn't get an Avon product back in the day
      I still have the football player brush, but no longer have the kind of hair it works on.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

When were "kitchen witches" a thing? Outside of Halloween I don't recall seeing any witches hanging up in our kitchen or in anyone elses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
          When were "kitchen witches" a thing? Outside of Halloween I don't recall seeing any witches hanging up in our kitchen or in anyone elses.
          I'd say around 79ish, I remember they were sold at "Potpourri" stores.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Our neighbor, my mom's friend, had one. I always thought she was sophisticated becasue she wore kaftans. She reminded me of Mrs. Roper--which made her seem exotic because we were not allowed to watch Three's Company or Maude (too racy).
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

My Granny had those.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Babysitter had the giant wooden utensils.

- Ian

PS. All other items are familiar, though. So, someone I knew had them.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Here's another '70s relic. This knick knack shelf hung in my Grandma's living room throughout the 1970s & 1980s (1960s, too). When she died, I wanted it. It's a perfect way to display my Vinylmation collection! I thought about painting it another color, but I just don't have the heart to alter it. Too many memories. Anyone else remember this shelf?

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Thanks for the info folks, "Kitchen witches" are new to me!

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    She reminded me of Mrs. Roper--which made her seem exotic because we were not allowed to watch Three's Company or Maude (too racy).

Heh, my parents were pretty laid back but my mom had an issue with Three's Company too and wouldn't let us watch it at first either. When I finally secretly watched it awhile later I thought "That's it? What's the big deal?" I probably thought I was going to see boobs or something.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎