X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Actually none this time
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
      Actually none this time
      Did you have Avon growing up? Or Tupperware? I have no idea how widespread they were.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Tupperware we did have, Avon I honestly can't remember... Maybe we did, but I would've been too young to even notice it
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

We had all but the last one. Those mushroom ones we had the exact same ones pictured. Most of this stuff was found and Pic N Save. Similar to Big Lots.
          They had Megos too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Linen calendar--check, every year for decades
            Copperware--check, Mom still displays it, she had copperware parties
            Tupperware--check
            Avon--just a bit of the novelty stuff, like pictured

Also, macrame basket hangers And anyone recall Artex Liquid Embroidery?
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 7, '20, 5:44 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Also, macrame basket hangers And anyone recall Artex Liquid Embroidery?
              I actually had hanging macrame hanging plant baskets but made a last minute switch with Avon.

Comment

• steelcouch
                Career Member
                • Feb 11, 2006

I came across the lucite grapes once or twice in elementary school. I remember the students used to try and pass them off as boulders when playing marbles. I honestly forgot about them till I saw the image.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Of the new stuff-lots of Tupperware, my mom hosted a few Tupperware parties over the years. Those pitchers were ubiquitous.

Lots of Avon stuff too, my mom's sister sold Avon for years and years, so we had a few things, but my the shelves of my aunt's house were filled with Avon tchotchkes and resembled some of the pics of toy rooms here except Avon stuff instead of toys.

No Russ berry stuff per se, but my dad's sister was big into Hummels and they were all over the place.

From the post from 10 years ago (since I wasn't around here back then)

-linen calendar
                  -copper plates for wall hangings
                  -giant forks and spooks

however, my mom and all my aunts were all into ceramics, so all kinds of ceramic pieces were ubiquitous, form the giant headed sports figures I always got as Christmas gifts to all kinds of holiday decor.

sports figures like these...

but mine had New England Whalers uniforms

and things like ceramic Christmas Trees...

or Santa & Mrs. Claus

the Christmas igloo

light up jack o'lanterns...

and so many more...

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

My mom was into macrame. She made a hanging art wall piece, and some basket hangers for her plants. We had the linen wall calendars. My Aunt had the giant wooden spoons.
                    What about those starburst wall clocks? Anyone have those? We had one from the 1960s that hung in our livingroom well into the 1980s.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by RonnyG
                      My mom was into macrame. She made a hanging art wall piece, and some basket hangers for her plants. We had the linen wall calendars. My Aunt had the giant wooden spoons.
                      What about those starburst wall clocks? Anyone have those? We had one from the 1960s that hung in our livingroom well into the 1980s.
                      My grandmother had one of those, as did an aunt and uncle.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by RonnyG
                        We could start an entirely new post just to deal with the 60s remnants that haunted our 70s homes. We had so many 60's Christmas decorations while my grandma's house still had one of those clocks, that gold-flecked wallpaper in her bathroom, a Margaret Keene big-eyed waifs print and so many things in that light-olive or bubble gum pink so popular in the early 60s.

601.jpg602.jpg605.jpg603.jpg604.jpg

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

We had a multicolor beaded curtain - looked like it came from a fortune teller's tent

My neighbor had a mirrored lawn orb

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

MRP, love the Christmas stuff!!!

My wife's family had that Tupperware pitcher still in use when we started dating in the early 90s.

My Mom sold Avon, so I had nearly every pop culture related item they made in the 70s. Most of my Peanuts stuff is packed away somewhere. My house and my grandparents and uncle and aunt's homes were full of Avon bottles too!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

My Mom sold Avon, so I had nearly every pop culture related item they made in the 70s. Most of my Peanuts stuff is packed away somewhere. My house and my grandparents and uncle and aunt's homes were full of Avon bottles too!

Chris
                              I was collecting the US Presidents/Founding Fathers busts

They were really nice until the plastic parts started yellowing

Comment

• Wee67
                                Museum Correspondent
                                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                                My mom always got us something Avon for Christmas. 5-6 yrs or younger and it was generally Peanuts stuff. Post 5-6 and my Avon stuff went superhero.

Last edited by Wee67; Jun 8, '20, 5:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎