Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Someone mentioned the Twilight Vampires.....not to try to give away any details of future books but Superman would have a hard time killing some of them.

The vamps don't ever sleep and some have been alive for thousands of years and had time to learn everything known to man.

Almost all of the vampires in the books have special powers that could I guess potentially damage or kill Superman. Some have more than one power. For example, one of them can forsee things before they happen which gives them almost God like powers. Therefore, they can quickly go through every course of action in anticipation to change the future and see the outcome. Other vampires have the ability to get in someone's mind and feel so much emotional pain that they end up committing suicide. One could argue that Superman can't really commit suicide but I guess they could get inside his brain and drive him to a point of insanity where he actually craves kryptonite.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I never said Dracula "knows magic". I said he is supernatural. Those real people you listed are illusionists, not magicians. Do you know the difference? I guess I have a better understanding of how and why Dracula would be fighting superman. He would be a stealth creature of the night with a silent attack while superman slept.
      As far as Punisher, in the original spidey comics he is a stupid character. I hated the punisher with his rubber bullets and stupid story. hired by the jackel to go after spider-man with no clue as to why. The punisher is one of the first characters that made the comic go down hill, in my opinion. Cool looking but dumb the way he was portrayed.
      Take your big man's superman and pit him against a kiddie vampire and he will win I guess. I'll leave it at that...
      Really?
      I hate to be the one to inform you Hector, but Magic is SUPERNATURAL!! Superman is a natural being. Dracula is supernatural. Superman looses. And I'm also sorry to inform you that all his friends got turned into vampires and he didn't destroy a single one.
      So, if superman can time travel why doesn't he go back and save his planet? Or at least the people. More than just Kandor...
      Post #81 you may want to change so you don't look to ridiculous but you imply that Dracula knows Magic!
      In rebut to Hectors statement,so there you go!!!(take the crazy pills this morning...LOL)
      Just for the record I've only ever seen Dracula use powers of illusion and hypnosis so you may want to go back and check your resources again?
      As far as Understanding the thread in General I think you have no clue what so ever!!!
      It's a farce,a joke,for fun,just pretend not real even but it's obvious that by each post you become more and more agitated as to why people wont listen to you....
      I find it amusing that's why I keep it going.
      Maybe I'm just an @-hole but it sure beets cuckoo!?!?!?!?
      By the very fact that you "LOVE" Dracula,Superman would win!!!
      You + Dracula =
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Adam West
        Someone mentioned the Twilight Vampires.....not to try to give away any details of future books but Superman would have a hard time killing some of them.

The vamps don't ever sleep and some have been alive for thousands of years and had time to learn everything known to man.

Almost all of the vampires in the books have special powers that could I guess potentially damage or kill Superman. Some have more than one power. For example, one of them can forsee things before they happen which gives them almost God like powers. Therefore, they can quickly go through every course of action in anticipation to change the future and see the outcome. Other vampires have the ability to get in someone's mind and feel so much emotional pain that they end up committing suicide. One could argue that Superman can't really commit suicide but I guess they could get inside his brain and drive him to a point of insanity where he actually craves kryptonite.
        As far as I know this is the only movie where vampires have this kind of power. In this thread we're talking about Count Dracula, as he's usually portrayed, so the Twilight Vampires don't really count in this debate
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

As far as farting superman out after inhaling him, not possible. Lungs and anus don't attach. Whoever said that was so wrong. If he inhaled Dracula, he would get suffocated by him, not leaving his lungs until Superman died. Dracula is eternal and already dead. He could stay in there for centuries.

If we were on the playground it would be at this point where I either tackled you or started laughing at you.

How do you know Kryptonian gasto instental physicque ?

"I find it amusing that's why I keep it going."

I find it interesting and have had it rolling around my head right next to the I Dream Of Jeanie Theme Song.

"Maybe I'm just an @-hole but it sure beets cuckoo!?!?!?!?

Don't be an A - Hole .

"By the very fact that you "LOVE" Dracula,Superman would win!!!"

Same thing could be said for Hector and this isnst just ANY monster this is a Vampire so he's peeved.

ctc has had the best say I have read so far. I don't like the old "Digging out the uDungeon Masters Book" depate tactic but it does reduce thing to a simple formula. I hate formulas and science and math in general but i'm impressed.

BUT he bailed because he didnt set a match up. Dont call in the real world here. We KNOW it depends on who is paying for th e movie or what charatcer has more shares on th Stock Market as a licenced property.

This is obviously a big deal.

SO . In order to not run off pouting., to combine the best of child and adult . . we ask Mom.

( sorry could't resist.)

Okay we have to agree on a bunch of things first before we can habe a proper debate.

Okay. Which Dracula are we talking about and which Superman? We can piece them together so long as the majority agrees BEFORE the debate.

It's my thread so I can declare a winner.

Yes there will be a prize, no it wont be a Wacky Package Sticker.
          Last edited by TrueDave; Feb 15, '10, 3:14 PM.

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
            As far as I know this is the only movie where vampires have this kind of power. In this thread we're talking about Count Dracula, as he's usually portrayed, so the Twilight Vampires don't really count in this debate
            I was actually just responding to someone who mentioned the sparkly powers which was hilarious...btw.

I haven't read Dracula but there was a mild reference to his coven in the last Twilight book. It appeared that Stephanie Meyer did quite a bit of research on vampires of various cultures for the book and some of them had superhero type powers...definitely enough that would give even Superman a run for his money.
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Wow, I don't think so. You just have no argument to cover your point of view. I'm very chill, knowing superman isn't real and vampires are all fake. Try reading some Marvel comics some time. You might find there are way cooler characters than superman. Like Spider-man for instance. Same color scheme, but no yellow! And way more depth to the character. Maybe not in the modern comics, but I suggest reading issues #1-#201. You'll see how superman is such a shallow two dimensional character. Now Spider-man, there's a true hero. Forced to give up a show biz career to avenge the murder of his uncle. He missed out on a television series they were going to make with him starring because he had to avenge his dead uncle Ben and became a public enemy. Vigilantism was his forced upon him. He didn't say "I have power so I will use it to help my fellow New Yorkers.", he said "Cha-ching!" But then things went wrong and he became a costumed criminal in the public eye. Just awesome!
              See...now you are just hating on Supes...simply because I dislike Dracula...nice...lol...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Man, SUperman could so beat Count Chocula. What next, Cap'n Crunch VS Sub-Mariner??
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                  But the Twilight vampires are even lamer than Dracula...lol.

sigpic

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by TrueDave
                    Okay we have to agree on a bunch of things first before we can have a proper debate.

Okay. Which Dracula are we talking about and which Superman? We can piece them together so long as the majority agrees BEFORE the debate.
                    Now this is the first thing to make sense since page one!!!

Which Version of Superman and which version of Dracula!!!

Lets put it out there to the masses.In order to have any resemblance of a decent debate.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Adam West
                      I was actually just responding to someone who mentioned the sparkly powers which was hilarious...btw.
                      that would be me.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                        Now this is the first thing to make sense since page one!!!

Which Version of Superman and which version of Dracula!!!

Lets put it out there to the masses.In order to have any resemblance of a decent debate.
                        The Silver Age pre-Crisis Superman is practically a God...he can move planets for crying out loud.

The more I think about this mismatch...the more ridiculous it gets.

Dracula should pray Superman doesn't turn baddie...because that version of Superman can destroy the Earth just like that...and poor Dracula would not have a place to sleep...lol.

Dracula...the dude is small potatoes compared to Supes...lol.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Let's give Supes some worthy opponents like the Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, etc...not wimpy pale blood suckers like poor 'ol Dracula...come on now...lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                            Let's give Supes some worthy opponents like the Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, etc...
                            You forgot Batman
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Batman beats them all...you know that...

sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                                Fear the monkeybat!
                                • Aug 16, 2001

>I don't like the old "Digging out the uDungeon Masters Book" depate tactic but it does reduce thing to a simple formula.

I brought up the game because I know the writers were kept on VERY short leashes by the DC comics editorial staff, so the game stats can be considered cannon. (Hell; a lot of material was WRITTEN by DC comics staffers....) It seemed the closest to a scientific analysis we’ve got. And it seemed better than another round of "nu-huh!!" "nuh-uh!"

Seriously, you guys are worrying me.

>Let's give Supes some worthy opponents

Okay:

Action Comics Annual Vol 1 1 - DC Comics Database

I guess Batman DOES win after all....

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎