• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Tardis Console Plans for nearly all Doctors

Hello Everyone,

If you think you can build a custom Tardis console for your favorite Doctor action figure but lack plans please email me. Doctor Who Magazine did a Tardis Winter Special in 1989 and I dug out the issue and scanned all the Tardis Console plans they published. These plans were not made to scale but illustrate the proportions of the different console units and placement of the instrumentation. It should be a simple matter to figure out what size to make these for your MEGO & Palitoy figures or 5 inch & 12 inch modern Doctor Who figures. I would think you can just print these from the email and resize them on a copy machine, ( or in Photoshop in your computer).

I'm not posting these anywhere to avoid copyright problems so email me. This is my email address: johnmiic@aol.com, in your subject specify Tardis Console + Doctor you want. So ask for either:

Tardis Console + Hartnell/Troughton
    Tardis Console + Pertwee
    Tardis Console + T.Baker/P.Davison
    Tardis Console + P.Davison/C.Baker/S.McCoy

or

Tardis Consoles + ALL

I can also provide scans of the McGann Console from the book Regeneration and T.Bakers from The DW Technical Manual if you like starting tomorrow.

Tardis Console + McGann
    Tardis Console + T.Baker/Tech Man

There's no catch. This is for free. I only ask you post your pictures of the console(s) under construction/completed and share your construction methods so other may benefit from your model building experience. Thanks!
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Great ! Thats Really cool! Email sent!

I think the later T Baker/Davidson will be too hard, so Pertwee, Early Baker it is.

Di they explain in that issue why they didnt continue to use teh Alternive console room,> the Woodgrained on from Baker? Or why they tried it to begin with? Always been curious. from what little i remember it seemed C Baker was in one very similar in the US 8th Doctor tv special.

Thanks !!!

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by TrueDave

Di they explain in that issue why they didnt continue to use teh Alternive console room,> the Woodgrained on from Baker?

Thanks !!!
      It was left out "in the weather" ... Don't ask me how

But the weather totally ruined and warped the wood console and walls forcing them to go back to the old console and console room.

I still can't figure out how that whole console room got outside ???

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

English weather, it didn't have to be outside, just near a drafty window or in a metal wharehouse.
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

I thought I had read, in an issue of Doctor Who Magazine, that it was unpopular with fans. I had not previously heard the weather damage story before so who knows?

Originally posted by TrueDave
          Great ! Thats Really cool! Email sent!

I think the later T Baker/Davidson will be too hard, so Pertwee, Early Baker it is.

Di they explain in that issue why they didnt continue to use teh Alternive console room,> the Woodgrained on from Baker? Or why they tried it to begin with? Always been curious. from what little i remember it seemed C Baker was in one very similar in the US 8th Doctor tv special.

Thanks !!!

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by johnmiic
            I thought I had read, in an issue of Doctor Who Magazine, that it was unpopular with fans. I had not previously heard the weather damage story before so who knows?
            I think I heard the weather story on a special feature on one of the more recent DVD releases.

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Here are some preliminary Pics. These are scaled to the Character Options line but there's nothing to prevent me or any of you from re-sizing to MEGO or Palitoy line.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

Awesome pics. I Love the way that your console is looking. Very nice
                Sammy

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

I would also like to refer everyone to this guys site:

The TARDIS Console

He has made a console and room for his G.I. Joe figures. He uses the DW Tech Manual as a guide and has very nice step-by-step photos. This is a very good way to start building a console. I'm not usre if he is on this forum or has posted here before tho.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎