Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I love the Doc Mego repro Body...but the one major flaw I believe is, that the Shoulders are actually a little bit smaller than the Arm holes.

If you added bigger Shoulders and Biceps(and I don't even care if they swivel)...the Arm could no longer be "sucked" inside the Torso. And...if they weren't strung so tightly, maybe the Torso wouldn't crack.
    Last edited by The Bat; Feb 6, '10, 7:42 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

With my Loose 1's ..., I just get rid of all the metal, and Rubberbands, and re-tie them with stretch string, to pose and play with them.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I haven't checked or inquired if replacement hip pins are available.

I've had a few Mego and CTVT ones break, and I usually run a rod through the ball joint of the upper leg, and attach the band to that.

Don C.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
          Another thing I noticed (and not sure why the design change) but the part of the shoulder that has the hole in it for the hook & elastic to attach to is very elongated compared to a Mego which is nearly round. This elongated part makes moving the arms into certain positions very difficult. It interferes with arm movement. You can only move them so far before they hit this extension.
          Rich
          I believe the original design issue here was to add a little bit of a bite there so that the arms would stay up in a 'hands above your head' sort of pose. However, the plastic used for the upper arms is a bit softer than the old Mego stuff and tends to stretch, especially with the inner bands folded over the way every one of my EMCE bodies has been. This exaggerates that extra 'bump' until the arms do not move well or the plastic gets so thin it breaks and the arm falls off.
          Perhaps if the bands were attached the correct way with no doubling over of the rubber and the plastic used was changed to something just slightly less flexible, this issue would go away.

Comment

• spamn
            Minty and All-Original!
            • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ctc
            >I haven't checked or inquired if replacement hip pins are available.

I've had a few Mego and CTVT ones break, and I usually run a rod through the ball joint of the upper leg, and attach the band to that.

Don C.
            I'm not quite picturing that - Does the hip pin go back in afterwards? I'd prefer to not leave big round holes in the hips of my figures.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>Does the hip pin go back in afterwards?

Nope. I string them like a T1, and run the band across the rod; which crosses the hole for the pin parrallel to the ground.

Don C.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
                Send me the broken figures and I will fix them. I had some problems with my
                old factory twisting the rubber bands too tight (among other problems), so I have switched to a new factory who just sent me a shipment of bodies.

It is still people who assemble these toys and some people do a good job
                assembling and some people do a poor job. All I can do is offer to fix the
                bad ones. MEGO made you go buy a new toy.
                See, this is why you are THE man Doc. I don't think anyone else would offer to personally fix a factory error just to make a customer happy like you.

Since I bought the female figures to bash for customizing it doesn't matter that much to me personally that the hip pins did break. I just thought I would mention it for reference really.
                I know your control over the peeps on the assembly line is EXTREMELY limited. Changing companies is how you took control of quality issues and what else can be asked or expected of you beyond that really?

Cheers to the Godfather of the NeoMegos! You rock Doc!
                Last edited by D!n0-M@n; Feb 12, '10, 10:40 AM. Reason: removed extra word
                MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎