• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

Ask your merchant :D

Originally posted by Sandman9580
    "Dida out of production?" What does that mean??? I was hoping to order a bridge some day...

Oops. Before I start any rumors, it is my understanding that:
    • Dida only produces the Command Centers and such at certain times
    • LaserMego has lost the laser cutter and can't sell anything he doesn't currently have "in stock"

So I don't think I can order any kind of a Space Command Center "today" but he may do a production run in the future. I HOPE someone will correct me quickly if I'm wrong on this.

And I'm waiting to hear back from LaserMego Paul about what I can order from him now. I put some stuff in a cart on his website but he has also posted that everything is out of stock so I'm confused. I'm sure he has some stuff available now, just not sure what. I'm sure he may correct me here too but I will update this post when I know something.

Short version, if you want something from either guy, ask them now. I don't want to cost anyone any orders because of what I said.

Sorry if I caused any trouble but that is my limited understanding.
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by cdhall
      Short version, if you want something from either guy, ask them now. I don't want to cost anyone any orders because of what I said.
      Hey - if you want Star Trek chairs, Biobeds, or Tricorders, check out LaserMego. We are not adding new items in March, but come back in April for the cool new stuff.

Now back to the awesome consoles!
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Obi
        • Feb 1, 2010

Here is a promised photo update.

The playset will be nine separate pieces. Two floorpieces, the astrogator, the pylon, the console and two two-piece chairs.

The pylon will secure to the floorpiece with strategically placed pieces of Danish building blocks. the other pieces will snap into place with some raised guides on the floorpiece. Same for the DST captain's chair.

The chairs,astrogator and helm console panel are still works in progress as is final detailing and contour puttying of the entire project.

The helm controls will be a combination of vinyl stickers and small colored jewels glued into recessed housings in the console.

Comment

• Trelane
          • Dec 20, 2009

This is coming together really well. Love the chair design. I said it before and I'll say it again; extraordinary work, Obi!

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Oh wow, I'm very impressed by what I'm seeing

Originally posted by pmwasson
            Hey - if you want Star Trek chairs, Biobeds, or Tricorders, check out LaserMego. We are not adding new items in March, but come back in April for the cool new stuff.

Now back to the awesome consoles!
            I just ordered
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• cdhall
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 14, 2004

I have ordered chairs from Laser Mego.

Now I apologize for being dense, but how much is this console?

It comes with Sulu/Chekov chairs but we are expected to get a DST Captain's chair, right? The Sulu/Chekov Helm chairs are as shown with the solid round base? Will they be Red and Blue as show or Blue and Black like on TV?

The Astrogator sets into the Pylon, right? I am a bit confused on that.

How much do you expect it to be?

I guess I better go get a DST Captain's Chair while I'm spending money and waiting on this, then.
              —-
              - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Obi
                • Feb 1, 2010

It's going to cost $30-35.

Everything that you are seeing are protoypes and will be cast in resin. The chairs will have a post base with four legs, similar to the mego trek bridge stools. The round base was only for the photo. You should be able to find a DST Captain's Chair online for about $20. Less if you're lucky.

All of the pieces will require a bit of finishing and painting. The resin will be an off-white/tan. Pieces should be washed and primed before painting to remove lingering mold release. Basic model enamels should work on a properly primed base.

The astrogator is the trapezoid piece in grey it combines with the front pylon to erect the console.
                Last edited by Obi; Feb 28, '10, 4:04 PM.

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

I'm in

Originally posted by Obi
                  It's going to cost $30-35.

Everything that you are seeing are protoypes and will be cast in resin. The chairs will have a post base with four legs, similar to the mego trek bridge stools. The round base was only for the photo. You should be able to find a DST Captain's Chair online for about $20. Less if you're lucky.

All of the pieces will require a bit of finishing and painting. The resin will be an off-white/tan. Pieces should be washed and primed before painting to remove lingering mold release. Basic model enamels should work on a properly primed base.

The astrogator is the trapezoid piece in grey it combines with the front pylon to erect the console.
                  AWESOME!

I want one. If you can find me a DST Chair and throw it in, I'll pay you $60.00 instead.

If you want to "finish" mine off for me, I plan to use it for a video/movie and I am interested in paying you to do that for me if you like.

PM me if you like. You can email me as well. I think my email is in my profile but doughall@prepaidlegal.com is me.

Oh, how similiar will it look to this one?
                  http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/mik...StationT1L.jpg

I have not checked any TOS pix, I'm sure you guys have it right, but the pylon on the T1 one looks a bit different than the pic you posted.

But where can I pay you? Do you have a website or PayPal account?

Also, I had planned to try this once and use Christmas lights instead of jewels for the buttons. Even the ones that blink. My lights all have a pointy top that I thought would work well, but I've never tested them. Will it be possible for me to try to feed lights up from below like this if I don't convince you to "finish" one for me?

Thank you for doing this and letting us know.
                  Last edited by cdhall; Feb 28, '10, 4:13 PM.
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Obi
                    • Feb 1, 2010

AWESOME!

I want one. If you can find me a DST Chair and throw it in, I'll pay you $60.00 instead.

If you want to "finish" mine off for me, I plan to use it for a video/movie and I am interested in paying you to do that for me if you like.

PM me if you like. You can email me as well. I think my email is in my profile but doughall@prepaidlegal.com is me.

Oh, how similiar will it look to this one?
                    http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/mik...StationT1L.jpg

I have not checked any TOS pix, I'm sure you guys have it right, but the pylon on the T1 one looks a bit different than the pic you posted.

But where can I pay you? Do you have a website or PayPal account?

Also, I had planned to try this once and use Christmas lights instead of jewels for the buttons. Even the ones that blink. My lights all have a pointy top that I thought would work well, but I've never tested them. Will it be possible for me to try to feed lights up from below like this if I don't convince you to "finish" one for me?

Thank you for doing this and letting us know.
                    I'm focused on building these and can't shop for you. As for finishing it, probably not, I need to pass on that bit of work to each buyer. Maybe once I've produced several I could do that. The pylon angles and dimensions are a bit subject to interpretation. I've used both the technical manual and screen shots and archive photos to get mine close to screen accurate, but it will still have a few variations due to the difficulty of working with these materials. Also, it's not finished.

I think you'll struggle with installing christmas lights. The console will be solid, so you could dremel some holes but I doubt you'd be able to make every control button light up, there just isn't enough room and it is not designed with that in mind. But probably a few of them could be done that way. You will probably be able to make the red alert light illuminate as it is bigger and you could feed a light or LED underneath it. It will be cast in a red-tinted translucent resin.

I'll be accepting PayPal or money orders once I'm in production. Nothing before then as there's still a chance this will not come out the way I hope....

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Obi those pix are HOT!!!The price point is perfect. I hope this project is more successful than you ever hoped.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Well, I'm in. I want one. Put me on the list.

This is the Chair, right?
                        Star Trek Captain James T. Kirk Command Chair NIB - eBay (item 150341322023 end time Mar-20-10 13:47:17 PDT)

I'll go get one while I'm waiting on the console.

The console can be a bit of a variant, that will be OK for me. I am going to use it in a project for a bit and then in my project, it gets replaced anyway now that I think of it.
                        Last edited by cdhall; Feb 28, '10, 7:25 PM. Reason: Add link and info.
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Obi
                          • Feb 1, 2010

cdhall - That's the one. I usually see them for about that price but you might find one cheaper if you're diligent and patient.

As I look at the cardboard version I think I see what you're referring to. His version has the Astrogator "piece" go all the way to the end of the deck. Everything that I can find shows that the astrogator is shorter than that and the pylon extends underneath the console.

Comment

• Sandman9580
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 16, 2010

Oops. Before I start any rumors, it is my understanding that:
                            • Dida only produces the Command Centers and such at certain times
                            • LaserMego has lost the laser cutter and can't sell anything he doesn't currently have "in stock"

I gotcha. You just had me... concerned there for a minute.

And Obi, the progress pictures look great! Keep up the fantastic work, and thank you for doing this and sharing it with everyone.

Comment

• cdhall
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2004

Thank you Sandman.

Thanks also Obi. I am not sure about the console stuff, but I will get one anyway, I'm sure it will be fine if you decide to sell them. I didn't catch it at first that you were QC'ing them and you may not sell them if they don't turn out.

I'll keep snooping for the Captain's chair.
                              —-
                              - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

$15.80US Postal Service Priority

Originally posted by Obi
                                cdhall - That's the one. I usually see them for about that price but you might find one cheaper if you're diligent and patient.

As I look at the cardboard version I think I see what you're referring to. His version has the Astrogator "piece" go all the way to the end of the deck. Everything that I can find shows that the astrogator is shorter than that and the pylon extends underneath the console.
                                I almost bid $20 on that, but that puts it at $37.00. I can get one at an online store for $41.00. I will try to wait and see what I can find.
                                —-
                                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍