Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

So if MIB can't get off the island then who was Jack seeing at the hospital when he saw his dad there? And would the "ghosts" Hurley saw off the island also be attributed to the MIB as well? If so, then that theory doesn't hold, right?
    Rich

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

That's a good point, how can he get off the island for that purpose. I wonder about that Christian sighting in the hospital myself. It was inferred that it was Smokie becuz the smoke alarm was going off.

Then again, getting off the island may not be what he means when he says he wants to "go home". He may be able to leave the island. Jacob obviously can.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Jack saw his father at the hospital yes, but never talked to him....could have been an hallucination or guilt. Alex, Christian (on island) and Yemi all spoke to people and actually had interaction with them. Another thing to consider is Christian has had an influence on Claire's bizarre behavior...maybe more will be revealed shortly now that she is back. And Dogen has said that she is "infected".

I believe that the producers have said that Jacob has never appeared to anyone as anyone other than HIMSELF. But MIB has already been shown to be Locke, so it's not that far of a reach to connect the dots with the other undead folk.

Christian off island is the only stumbling point...

As to Hurley's ghosts, I believe he's seen Charlie and Ana Lucia (on camera) and has referred to Mr. Eko, although he wasn't shown on camera. But since Hurley manufactured "Dave" in his mind, perhaps he didn't actually see the ghosts of his friends. He's the only one of the Oceanic Six that saw Jacob's cabin and Jacob seems to have entrusted Hurley with the guitar case so maybe something more is there in regards to Hurley's ghost visions.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Speculation was that Smokie initially wanted Eko for this plan, but the dude playing Eko wanted off the show, so he was killed off and Locke became the focus.

I wonder if we will see know what Locke saw when he first encountered the smoke monster and said it was beautiful.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
            Removed.
            • Jun 14, 2008

Of course one would assume if the MIB can change to smoke then Jacob could change his appearance as well since they seem to be opposite sides of the same coin? So perhaps if in fact the MIB cannot leave the island then maybe the off-island "ghosts" were jacob?
            Makes your head hurt, don't it?
            Rich

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
              That's a good point, how can he get off the island for that purpose. I wonder about that Christian sighting in the hospital myself. It was inferred that it was Smokie becuz the smoke alarm was going off.

Then again, getting off the island may not be what he means when he says he wants to "go home". He may be able to leave the island. Jacob obviously can.
              Yeah there's a lot of unexplained things in regards to what Smokey can or can't do. Apparently he was trapped in Jacob's cabin at one point until the circle of ash was broken but he's been making appearances outside of the cabin since Day One so how could he be trapped in the cabin? But the circle of ash has been shown to have significance since Bram used it to keep the Smoke Monster at bay so there's some truth to the theory that Smokey can't cross it.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Another thing to consider in regards to Christian, the Cabin and the MIB....

If I remember correctly...When Locke first entered the cabin, there was a shadowy figure that Locke saw who uttered something like "Help me"....then all hell broke loose. I don't think that this figure was heard by Ben though who was also in the cabin.

Later on when Hurley saw the cabin I think he might have broke the circle of ash...

And once that happened Christian started to appear in the cabin and eventually Claire.

(I hope I'm right in the sequence of events...)

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Speculation was that Smokie initially wanted Eko for this plan, but the dude playing Eko wanted off the show, so he was killed off and Locke became the focus.
                  I heard that he wanted to come back at some point and give his character another go...but I'm not sure if that will be worked in at this late stage of the game. Too bad....I really liked Eko.

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, I don't know if MIB was trapped in the cabin or Jacob was. "Help me" seems to indicate MIB, but like you say, smokie and the dead were showing up from Day 1. Illiana clearly expected to find him in the cabin...Hurley didn't break the ash, we don't know who did...Jacob's cabin - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia

I wonder if we'll learn more about Horace building the cabin.

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Or maybe MIB had Jacob trapped in the cabin for awhile.

I'll bet it was Claire that was using the cabin from 2004-2007.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, I don't know if MIB was trapped in the cabin or Jacob was. "Help me" seems to indicate MIB, but like you say, smokie and the dead were showing up from Day 1. Illiana clearly expected to find him in the cabin...Hurley didn't break the ash, we don't know who did...Jacob's cabin - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia

I wonder if we'll learn more about Horace building the cabin.
                        I'm not quite sure why Illiana and her team expected to find Jacob in the cabin cuz it seems like he's ALWAYS lived in the base of the statue...especially in light of the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" ...."The one who'll save us all".

At least I assume that refers to Jacob...wouldn't it be something if Jacob was the bad guy and MIB was the hero? What a twist that would be.....

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

And how come the Smoke Monster was always referred to as the island's "Security System"?

And was the Smoke Monster the "Cereberus" that was referred to on the blast door of the Hatch? Also being some sort of security system...

And why does the sonic fence keep the Smoke Monster out and does it have anything to do with the ash? Or is it because the Smoke Monster was once human and the fence effects him the way it effects any human?

And was the Smoke Monster really judging people when it starred them down or was it gathering intel to concoct his loophole plan?

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

Brain seizing up. I have no clue. Gah!

If I found out that Jacob had been luring people to the island for centuries, had crashed a plane and eventually everyone on board died but 10 people, all to recruit his replacement, I'd think he was a pretty bad guy!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

all to recruit his replacement,
                              Ahhhh....so says the MIB But is he telling the complete truth? There's something more going on than just Jacob looking for the next Jacob. There's some game going on between the two and these apparent rules. But since MIB is possibly a manipulative liar and Jacob is real vague and cutesy about things, a man of mystery....which one do you believe?

I always say about this show....have the stuff could be solved if characters just openly COMMUNICATED with each other and laid all the cards on the table and shared their knowledge

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

Oh, I know, can we compare notes over by the palm tree please? The fact that half of the principals had never even heard of Jacob at the beginning of Season 6... Miles is sitting on all kinds of knowledge, you just know it. Someone was pointing out he was looking at Claire funny after she escape being killed in the cabin. Jack's never mentioned seeing his dead father repeatedly. The list goes on and on.

And yeah, we can't trust anything MIB says. He's playing Sawyer--but is Sawyer playing him now?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎