X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizzaro megomauler
    WANTED for card bending
    • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
    Apparently it's sort of a time paradox....our heroes did INDEED set off the bomb in 1977, which caused the island to sink to the bottom of the ocean, which in turn never gave our heroes a reason to go to the island in the first place, thus they all arrived safely in LA. But somehow, at the same time, it didn't work and everything is status quo in the other timeline. :
    I think now they need to get out of the time-loop they established,yikes~

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

Apparently it's sort of a time paradox....our heroes did INDEED set off the bomb in 1977, which caused the island to sink to the bottom of the ocean, which in turn never gave our heroes a reason to go to the island in the first place, thus they all arrived safely in LA. But somehow, at the same time, it didn't work and everything is status quo in the other timeline.

But if the island sank and they never had a reason to go there, how could they go there and set off the bomb causing the island too sink giving them a reason to never go there and set off the bomb causing the island to sink giving them a reason to never go there and set off a bomb causing the island to sink.......
      Maybe it wasn't the bomb that caused the island to sink?
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

I love the Flash-Sideways! Flash-Sideways Hugo is awesome!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Couple things from this episode (#3)....

- Notice how MIB is becoming a little bit like John Locke? ("Don't tell me what I can't do!")

- Is the boy in the woods Jacob? Or Aaron?

- Notice how Flash-Sideways Locke's alarm clock sounded like the alarm in the Hatch?

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

I thought the boy looked like Jacob, but could be Aaron, or could be a third? He was talking about the rules--did you hear that to mean he shouldn't have killed Jacob? Or couldn't kill Sawyer?

MIB seems to have carried a lot from Locke, yeah. Notice he said "Don't tell me what I can't do" when Sideways Locke didn't say it when he had the chance.

The Sawyer and Man In Locke scenes were great great great.

Numbers in the cave--that was kind of thrilling...the "lists" and the "numbers" come together.
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
              I thought the boy looked like Jacob, but could be Aaron, or could be a third? He was talking about the rules--did you hear that to mean he shouldn't have killed Jacob? Or couldn't kill Sawyer?
              I was wondering would he quote the rules AFTER THE FACT if it was in regards to Jacob? What would the point be? I was thinking it was Sawyer because he is a "candidate" and perhaps the candidates can't be killed.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Numbers in the cave--that was kind of thrilling...the "lists" and the "numbers" come together.
                Interesting that Kate was not given one of the "numbers", especially since she was one of the few that was touched by Jacob. And there has to be something there in regards to MIB not being sure which Kwon (Jin or Sun) was being referred to. I wonder if that has something to do with Sun NOT travelling with the rest of the returning Oceanic Six back to the 70s.

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

I think it's got to be Sawyer because they were hinting so much--Richard said he'd kill him, the Steinbeck conversation...but those could be red herrings.

It's funny, to me, Man In Black is kind of a stand-in for everyone who hates the show. He just HATES all these shenanigans, hates all of Jacob's games and mysteries and BS. Very funny. Tossing the rock into the ocean, the island is just an island...

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, no number for Kate, so she's not a "candidate"...but Lapides is a candidate?

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

This guy is always a good read: 'Lost' recap: The Man With the Plan | Totally 'Lost' Recap | EW.com

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, no number for Kate, so she's not a "candidate"...but Lapides is a candidate?
                        Well they thought he was a candidate....Did they even know for sure?

It's funny....I remember when Jeff Fahey (Lapides) was originally rumored to be cast as Jacob.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Tossing the rock into the ocean, the island is just an island...
                          "Inside joke".....MIB seems to have acquired Locke's sense of humor as well....

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

I also found it interesting that MIB is supposedly trapped in the Locke form...and yet he can still become the Monster as well. What transpired recently that has trapped him in Locke when he's been popping up as others quite frequently such as Christian, Yemi and very recently Alex?

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                              Removed.
                              • Jun 14, 2008

I also found it interesting that MIB is supposedly trapped in the Locke form...when he's been popping up as others quite frequently such as Christian, Yemi and very recently Alex?
                              Is that the answer to those appearances? I haven't seen that revealed yet. I guess it makes sense. I just always assumed they were ghosts of some sort or they had become resurrected due to some mysterious island phenomenon.
                              Rich

Comment

• The Toyroom
                                The Packaging King
                                • Dec 31, 2004

It hasn't been stated on the show persay, but it's been heavily hinted at in interviews with the producers....

When Locke turned in to Smokey this year in front of Ben, it pretty much confirmed that it was the Smoke Monster that masqueraded as Alex when "she" confronted Ben and told him to follow John Locke (who was already the Smoke Monster in disguise at that point)...the same m.o. was in that scene...."Locke" vanishes and Smoke Monster/Alex appears.

I assumed the same for Yemi and Christian because it makes sense that the Smoke Monster/MIB can assume the form of dead bodies that appear on the island. It would explain a lot...Even though "Christian" initially seemed benevolent and helpful toward the real Locke, looking at it now, you can see where it was MIB and how he was actually manipulating Locke all along....with the end result being that Locke died per MIB's long-term plan to get Locke's body back on the island to usurp it and goad Ben into killing Jacob....Loophole indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎