Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

I watched the finale again yesterday (for the 2nd and last time) and my opinions have not changed. In fact, if anything I'm a little more peeved at the cop-out the writers gave us. It was a very moving story and I don't regret watching LOST all these years but I am not satisfied with the feeling I was played. Pretty much everything that we watched is in question of ever having happened in my opinion. We don;t know if they all died in the initial crash and the whole series was just one big purgatory story or if some of the island stuff happened but not other parts (because we never got a real answer on the Jacob stuff or the time travel stuff). I'm just not too LOST-happy right now but I did enjoy the ride.
    Rich

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

^ EVERYTHING on the island happened....The Others, The Hatch, Dharma, Time Jumps, Jughead...EVERYTHING. Where purgatory starts is Season 6 and AFTER all of those particular characters have already died in the real world, albeit not at the same time.

A lot of people are being confused by the crash footage shown during the credits...This was inserted by ABC and NOT the producers as ABC felt that they needed something "softer" to flow into the 11:30 news rather than the usual fast paced credits with the "BAD ROBOT" being shouted.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

it was a great series but i was just expecting a better wrap up.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I think people expect too much and that is why they are let down. would it have been cool to have answers to everything? yes....and no. the way they ended it left a lot open for interpretation and it will be talked about for many years to come.
          I liked the ending and the show remains my all time favorite.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
            ^ EVERYTHING on the island happened....The Others, The Hatch, Dharma, Time Jumps, Jughead...EVERYTHING. Where purgatory starts is Season 6 and AFTER all of those particular characters have already died in the real world, albeit not at the same time.

A lot of people are being confused by the crash footage shown during the credits...This was inserted by ABC and NOT the producers as ABC felt that they needed something "softer" to flow into the 11:30 news rather than the usual fast paced credits with the "BAD ROBOT" being shouted.
            I watched the final episode this evening and my girlfriend thought they all died when the plane crashed too, but I'm with Anthony on this
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

So...the epilogue "The New Man In Charge" from the dvd has been leaked on the net...I haven't watched it yet.
              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Show me the link I'll watch it!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

BAH.....freakin' Disney pulled it....Guess I'll have to wait 'til the end of the month

Comment

• JDeRouen
                    Author of Small Things
                    • Jun 14, 2001

I'm downloading it right now, via a torrent file. Once I see if it's real or not (you never know on these things!) I'll send you a link Anthony.
                    --
                    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

Oh, they could sooooo set up a sequel to Lost with this!!
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Monsterama2000
                        Creepy and Kooky!
                        • Mar 27, 2008

I watched a three and a half minute clip from it. It was pretty cool.
                        Erick
                        sigpic
                        Wonderful Wonderblog

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                          Oh, they could sooooo set up a sequel to Lost with this!!
                          A sequel? Can't be with the same actors?
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

could be with Hurley and Ben. there time running the island. there is a good write up in this week Entertainment Weekly, incluing an interview with Cuse and Lindelof

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

It was cute. A little underwhelming, I want so much more--like 3 more seasons---but they did cram in a few answers in a logical way. It may make it easier for me to put off buying the Complete Collection until I have more cash (and BlueRay player), but I still want it.
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• z3zep
                                The Girl Next Door
                                • Sep 30, 2006

Is this episode included in the regular season 6 dvd set (ie not the blue ray)?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎