X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 70's-toy-fan
    Museum Patron
    • Nov 9, 2009

prototype or unproduced?

***now confirmed**** unpainted unproduced test prototype... pics on photobucket myoldtoyz

I am in the middle of packing to move and i came across a 1994 jim carrey the MASK 12" FIGURE.I remember getting this in a large toy auction locally and the box had a lot of stuff from a toy show rep who did toy shows for new figures to be released for kenner and hasbro toy co's.the figures head is not green nor has eyeballs or any neck markings either.it has an unpainted pinkish color head and it will not come off like its screwed into the neck and torso,the arms and torso are very hard plastic,fingers in stuck position,legs are rubber like barbie dolls.The back says new line cinema all rights reserved.the clothes have no tags on them,and the dress shirt has no sleeves.very odd piece and i have looked everywhere even at borders books,every figure is in there but not this one,any help would be great from anyone here because a lot of you guys and gals know toys so i need your help on this one.i have been contacted by a mask collector and said it looks to be unproduced but will clarify soon.pictures will be up shortly at photobucket myoldtoyz or check the link toystalker provided in the marketplace under ad lots of great stuff.
    Last edited by 70's-toy-fan; Jan 26, '10, 6:38 PM. Reason: added
    Life is a wonderful journey..where you step changes your path through it!
  • MightyMegs
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 5, 2009

Applause had the Mask license right before Hasbro/Kenner got it, so it might be one of theirs. The closest thing Hasbro did was a large talking Mask figure (very rare itself), but it was all plastic, no cloth clothes.
    If it's not an Applause item, I'd say Hasbro unproduced prototype.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Is it this?

JIM CARREY THE MASK DOLL / FIGURE 1994 - eBay (item 130361674270 end time Jan-31-10 2001 PST)

or this

The Mask Vinyl Figure
      Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 26, '10, 4:56 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 70's-toy-fan
        Museum Patron
        • Nov 9, 2009

Nay on both guys...the applause figs were out before the kenner line but only up to 10" and no resemblance to this figure.the second one werewolf shows is a very rare talking 15" mask.mine has no applause or kenner markings and is not painted at all.probably an unproduced piece,i have seen other u.p. mask pieces that demand high dollars secondary market.Looks like a good piece so far...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I think it sounds like a test shot for the unproduced 12 inch Mask doll then. It had fabric clothes and used the 12 inch Gi Joe Hall of Fame body. Which had fashion doll style click joints for the elbows and knees.

I think I have a Tomarts with a pic somewhere.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 70's-toy-fan
            Museum Patron
            • Nov 9, 2009

Thanks werewolf,it has real clothes no tags on any,rubber click knees and hard non bendable arms.his head is very hard and cannot come off the body like hes been screwed or bolted in.Thanks John....

Btw the mask toy collector just emailed again and said hes working on it but so far he seems to be unproduced..we will see.thanks again,hope tomart has this piece in there.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I think this is it. From Tomart's issue 41. Kenner 12 inch Mask doll prototype. The doll is on a modified Jem Rio body.

An unpainted one would be a test shot prototype.

Comment

• 70's-toy-fan
                Museum Patron
                • Nov 9, 2009

WOW !!! Werewolf thanks please read my pm.I cant believe i own this and the other guy who is emailing me says he wants to pay For this but this is not replaced easy so i am unsure??thanks again this is now a true prototype unproduced mask figure!!!
                Last edited by 70's-toy-fan; Jan 26, '10, 6:34 PM. Reason: rewording

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

No problem, glad to help.

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

If they had made those I would finally be able to pimp my Adventure Team guys out in zoot suits! DAMN :-(

Comment

• 70's-toy-fan
                      Museum Patron
                      • Nov 9, 2009

I am just proud to own this figure,even though its an unproduced piece this suit is real nice,too bad they never went into production

Comment

• 70's-toy-fan
                        Museum Patron
                        • Nov 9, 2009

I am just glad to actually own this unproduced piece,they would have been one of the more realistic figures in the line.

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

was there ever a pic of this figure?
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Here's the pics.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

awesome!!
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎