X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Anarchy
    but you gotta see his side of the story you sell a figure for say 3 to 4 hundred to someone and you turn around and oh look its on ebay and selling for $800.00 plus
    No doubt his customs are cool, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay those prices. And to be honest, I don't understand why anyone would.
    Both BK and T3T make some of the coolest customs and they don't charge anything close to this
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Anarchy
      Career Member
      • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
      No doubt his customs are cool, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay those prices. And to be honest, I don't understand why anyone would.
      Both BK and T3T make some of the coolest customs and they don't charge anything close to this
      you are absolutly correct and at the time i was quoted a price for the nova i believe it was 800 i was like thanks but no thanks especially when jmc made me one for a price no where near that and honestly I beleive jmc's nova is just as good as charlees, hell the sewing was better. and thats when everything tanked when most people wouldnt pay those prices except for those select few and i mean few. when i first got into flatts the price was kind of steep at the time 300 for a red daredevil, 300 for a year one batman, I bought the first few relatively cheap, and i remember the next figure to come out was joker, the price $700.00. My aunt had just passed away and i was given some money which i used to buy joker and i gotta say i have never seen someone on here come close to the quality of the head sculpt that the joker is, was it to much? yes definitly, but it does hold sentimental value and man is it sick and i will never sell it.
      Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I used to own 24 Flatts at one time. Surprisingly I never owned Joker, Spider-man, Green Arrow, Venom, Dr. Strange and others.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Anarchy
          Career Member
          • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by ScottA
          I used to own 24 Flatts at one time. Surprisingly I never owned Joker, Spider-man, Green Arrow, Venom, Dr. Strange and others.
          got any left??
          Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Only 2. I have Firestorm from DC and Black Cat from Marvel. He only made one of each and I have them. To my knowledge there aren't even photos of them.

I love that Nova.
            Last edited by ScottA; Jan 21, '10, 10:25 PM.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Megospidey
              Museum Webslinger
              • Jul 26, 2006

^^ Cool...a Black Cat. I bet that is sweet!
              Last edited by Megospidey; Jan 21, '10, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Only 2. I have Firestorm from DC and Black Cat from Marvel. He only made one of each and I have them. To my knowledge there aren't even photos of them.
                Sounds like you oughta change that
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                  Supporter of Silliness
                  • Jun 20, 2007

Back in the day (probably around 1997 or so) when Cal Weaver was trying to get Flattworld started, I met up with him at a toy show and found out that Charlee was working on a Black Panther figure. Black Panther was always one of my favorites, so I purchased him for $275. Yeah, it was a lot of money, but I was single at the time and thought, "What the heck." Let me tell you, that figure is so cool, you wouldn't believe it.

A couple of years later, I saw people selling other Black Panthers on eBay for like $700 or $800 and I couldn't believe it. As much as I liked the figure, there's no way I'd pay that much for it. I tried to buy another figure later after I came into some money, but I'd pretty much have to shell out over $1,000 and there was no way I'd know what figure he was going to produce next. If I wouldn't pay half that amount for a figure I did want, why would I shell out that much for someone I might not even like?

Along the way, I was able to purchase a repro Lizard lab coat from him as well as a repro Peter Parker AE outfit for pretty reasonable prices. There's a part of me that wishes I had a Spiderman figure from him, but there's no way I could justify ever shelling out that kind of dough again for a toy.

I have to tell you though, pictures of his figures don't do them justice. To hold and pose one is a really cool experience.

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

i agree, pictures dont do the figures justice. if you actually hold one in your hand, you will marvel at the handmade craftmanship and details right down to the accessories they come with. and yes, the figures were WAY overpriced but demand outweighed supply and that's why the prices spiked!! not only that, it wasnt like charlee had a store, so it was hard for someone off the street to buy a figure, their only avenue was ebay or knowing someone who wanted to sell.

i remember buying them at about $200 and eventually the prices kept going higher and higher because he would hear that on ebay his figures were being resold for $700 and up.

what's a guy to do?

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

I love that Nova.
                      scott, i would love to see pics of your firestorm and black cat! you, of all people should know how many charlee made cuz you were his box man!!
                      great job on the packaging!!

Comment

• Anarchy
                        Career Member
                        • May 26, 2009

black panther was one of my first flatts as well, i think thats another one i paid $300.00 for and when i got it i was totally blown away!

Comment

• Anarchy
                          Career Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I love that Nova.
                          you know what you need to do right lol send me pictures of them!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                            • Oct 8, 2007

Lets see some pics, of your various Flatts. I'm a Black Panther fan as well.
                            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Anarchy
                              Career Member
                              • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                              Lets see some pics, of your various Flatts. I'm a Black Panther fan as well.
                              about half are already on the website Action Figure Art and click on charlee flatt photos theres over 6 pages there.
                              took me a bit to find the black panther pics. keep in mind these were taken years ago and the camera wasnt the best.

Comment

• Anarchy
                                Career Member
                                • May 26, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎