Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anarchy
    Career Member
    • May 26, 2009

and whoa guys calm down i didnt even say anything that bad except a couple figures were boosted heads, which to me isnt that same as a complete custom, cap again i apoligize for singling you out, no offense meant dude. Figures i just saw on your website have boosted heads, but dont take offense their nice figures. and geez i dont like the mattel sculpts, i just dont, to me their terrible likenesses, that superman head being the worst. sorry to offend, all i was trying to say because it seems like you gotta spell it out for people here is this, a figure with a boosted head is not the same as a figure made from scratch and only a few guys here can do this. thats it.
    Last edited by Anarchy; Jan 25, '10, 1:07 AM.
    Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Anarchy
      dude i was never on russ board??
      I remember it well. Looks like Toyroom does, too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Chris, that is without a doubt the coolest Batman I have ever seen
        And that Man-Bat sculpt is friggin awesome, I wish you'd offer some of those to public
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I remember the Charlee worshipping all too well also. And it's a shame we all can't get along, cause everyone mentioned in this thread does amazing work. And I think we've established by now Chris DOES sculpt his own heads. Maybe not all, but he definitely makes customs where he does everything himself, so let's drop the boosted head thing, shall we?
          Anarchy, you are perfectly within your rights to think Charlee's work is the best ever. You seem to be the only one thinking so, but that's OK. Most people here think others, like John and Chris for instance, have surpassed Charlee, you don't, that's OK. But please accept that fact. Was Charlee a pioneer? No doubt about it. Did Charlee do amazing work? Again, no doubt about it. Is he still the best customizer out there? Opinions differ on that. You say yes, we say no. Let's just all agree to disagree and keep it at that before this thread turns ugly
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Anarchy
            Career Member
            • May 26, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
            I remember the Charlee worshipping all too well also. And it's a shame we all can't get along, cause everyone mentioned in this thread does amazing work. And I think we've established by now Chris DOES sculpt his own heads. Maybe not all, but he definitely makes customs where he does everything himself, so let's drop the boosted head thing, shall we?
            Anarchy, you are perfectly within your rights to think Charlee's work is the best ever. You seem to be the only one thinking so, but that's OK. Most people here think others, like John and Chris for instance, have surpassed Charlee, you don't, that's OK. But please accept that fact. Was Charlee a pioneer? No doubt about it. Did Charlee do amazing work? Again, no doubt about it. Is he still the best customizer out there? Opinions differ on that. You say yes, we say no. Let's just all agree to disagree and keep it at that before this thread turns ugly
            a flatt thread always turns ugly lol
            me and the cap are cool, i didnt realize he sculpted his own heads, and what he posted are really nice, he needs to update his website with his newer stuff because it rocks
            Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

If I had to pick someone on here who I admire as far as their work and coolness; it would be Captain Mego hands down.
              I would kill to have that Ironman. Wow!
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• gonzo
                Banned
                • Feb 3, 2010

Originally posted by Captain_Mego
                Here are just a few I sculpted...not bad for a no talent hack like me....
                http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...o/TICK1001.jpg
                So that's who is sculpting Shocker's stuff.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Captain Mego is the first person I would turn to when I wanted a custom sculpt. As a matter of fact I did just that. He is a super classy guy, down to earth and fantastic to have a conversation with. My first e-mail to him he gave me his phone number because he didnt want to play tag with e-mail. He talked to me for almost an hour and was the friendliest, and easiest to talk to. I have been constantly amazed by his work. He produces some amazing figures, from the box/ package to the costume, to the incredible body he calls his own...WOW.....WOW everytime!!!
                  He is not a hit or miss artist....its just hit after hit.

I hope he answered the EMCE call for sculptors because I want to own as much of his stuff as I can. And at 20.00- 25.00 a pop...thats a steal.

Keep up the stellar work CAP...you have a fan for life.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                    I hope he answered the EMCE call for sculptors.
                    Are you refering to a thread or post here?

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      Are you refering to a thread or post here?
                      It was a thread posted about three months back....it was in the announcements.....EMCE was looking for help in all aspects of creating...costumes, sculpting....etc.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Fuzzysnail,
                        Looks like it's long gone now. Thank you for your quick reply.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎