Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Weird, at some point I heard that Tarkin was left out due to a rights of likeness issue with Cushing. Maybe they (or I) was just over-thinking it.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
      I don't know why bro, but a Tarkin should've been done for sure and also Uncle Owen and the aunt
      Oh yeah, kids would have been grabbing Aunt Beru figures off the store shelves by the handful.

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

I always wanted them to re-issue Darth Vader with a cloth cape. The vinyl capes kept ripping on me as a kid. I finally dyed a Squidhead cape black and put it on Vader. It looked pretty cool back in 1984.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

I remember they made a huge Death Star toy in the 1990s? That opend up to a Tatoine playset. ( Micromachines?)

Anyway it had a creepy spring loaded action. you tripped a lever or something and owen and Berus scorched skeletons popped up.

I made some customs. The original Imperial officer with the new Tarkin head, An original Endor Han Solo with a new Fleet trooper head, and a Walrus Man with the new cantina member head. All repainted of course. I put a shortened vader cape on the Cantina guy.

I remeber the newer Tarkin had a nice sticker on the package that read ' FIRST TIME IN A KENNER COLLECTION"

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Oh yeah, kids would have been grabbing Aunt Beru figures off the store shelves by the handful.

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by TrueDave
            Anyway it had a creepy spring loaded action. you tripped a lever or something and owen and Berus scorched skeletons popped up.
            No way! That's hysterical!

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by TrueDave
              I made some customs. The original Imperial officer with the new Tarkin head, An original Endor Han Solo with a new Fleet trooper head, and a Walrus Man with the new cantina member head. All repainted of course. I put a shortened vader cape on the Cantina guy.

Do you have a picture/pictures you can show?

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                Do you have a picture/pictures you can show?
                Sorry no. I had planned on molding thenm and making resin castings for friends but they got tossed when I moved.

I cant show any new pictures . No digital camera.It's flattering that you ask. One little detail I did was use princess Lieas hands for Tarkin since hes skinny.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

When I was a kid I don't ever recall caring much that they didn't make a Tarkin or a Cantina Band Member figure or anything like that.....but I did lament the fact that they didn't make the Rebel Fleet Trooper! Not being able to re-enact the epic opening sequence from Ep.IV was always a bummer. I remember my friend and I having the bright idea that we could take the head off of a Death Squad Commander, paint it and put it onto a Han Solo body, but never had the guts (or money, or the skills) to go through with it, haha.

Comment

• dumbldor
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 9, 2002

Has anyone mentioned Garindan Long Snoot. I always wanted a figure of him back in the day.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by dumbldor
                      Has anyone mentioned Garindan Long Snoot. I always wanted a figure of him back in the day.
                      Yeah him Tarkin and the Rebel Commander were the biggest gaps for me as a kid. I couldn't figure out why they weren't in the line.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎