X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

Jigglers/ rubber Monsters- anybody?

Does anybody collect or used to have many of the Jigglers/ Rubber monsters from the past? I have a bunch left from my past, they actually sell well on ebay also. I believe some super heroes were made, batman, superman, also POTA. Tons of monsters were made, I was told by a collector that the rarest i own is the loch ness monster.

Another line was called Spooky Kooky, I need to get my camera working and learn how to upload to this site.
  • Count Creepyhead
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 28, 2007

I have a bunch of Monster Jigglers. AHI, Ben Cooper etc. Some big some small I love them. Some of my fondest memories come from jigglers.

The Ben Cooper jigglers were called House Haunters.

Just recently on Ebay I saw 2 Marvel Jigglers I've never seen before. Red skull and Dr. Strange!!!

I have to run, but later I'll try and snap a pic of them.

Comment

• kresge1
      Museum_Bozo
      • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
      I have a bunch of Monster Jigglers. AHI, Ben Cooper etc. Some big some small I love them. Some of my fondest memories come from jigglers.

The Ben Cooper jigglers were called House Haunters.

Just recently on Ebay I saw 2 Marvel Jigglers I've never seen before. Red skull and Dr. Strange!!!

I have to run, but later I'll try and snap a pic of them.
      There not too rare,but finding them with their tags intact is tough
      Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

are those the things you throw at teh wall and they stick ?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I remember seeing Heroes World ads for those in Marvel Comics. I thought they were Megos, since all I saw were comic drawings. I thought my Captain America would finally have someone to beat up!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I love the monster jigglers. I have the Frankenstein and Wolfman jiggler but I still haven't found me a good Mummy jiggler. Great memories!

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

the jigglers are pretty cool. i didnt ahve them when younger but they are cool.

Comment

• toysrus
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 23, 2007

POTA

they even made a few planet of the apes jigglers back in the 70's, i used to have them but my dog got to them, chomp chomp!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I saw some modern Universal "jigglers" at a Walgreens this weekend. Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature, and the Bride! They were all pretty nice-looking for stretch/jiggler figures. Very similar to the non-licensed ones Wal-Mart had at Halloween last year.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I know the old Ben Cooper ones het reissued every now and then. I used to have a flying Devil and skeleton that bared more than a passing resemblance to the Forgotten Prisioner of Castlemare.

Don C.

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jul 28, 2007

The Ben Cooper Devil and Witch have been reissued by a overseas company for the past few years. Made out of a slightly different rubber and sold at dollar stores.

same for the skeleton, except it's a reissue of the Ben Cooper knock-off Forgotten prisoner jiggler. Very similar except it's in an ever so slightly seated position and the head is larger.

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 28, 2007

Here is a quick shot of some of my jigglers on display. I have others boxed up. I'll eventually get a good shot of all of them, but this should satisfy your oily obsession for now.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 5, 2005

Very cool, thanks for posting them. Do you know anything about why there are two sizes of the Universal Monster wigglers that AHI made? I've been told some are dated 1974, other 1974, and that there are gold and black elastic bands. In what combination, if any, I've never heard. Great Bend-Em Dracula as well. That cape is not easy to come by.

Shannon

Comment

• joshvox
                            Clown Prince of Crime
                            • Mar 21, 2006

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
                            Here is a quick shot of some of my jigglers on display. I have others boxed up. I'll eventually get a good shot of all of them, but this should satisfy your oily obsession for now.

wow that is sweet right there! thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 28, 2007

Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
                              Very cool, thanks for posting them. Do you know anything about why there are two sizes of the Universal Monster wigglers that AHI made? I've been told some are dated 1974, other 1974, and that there are gold and black elastic bands. In what combination, if any, I've never heard. Great Bend-Em Dracula as well. That cape is not easy to come by.

Shannon
                              Thanks.

As far as sizes, The smaller ones came on cards, similar to the new Imperial jigglers Imperial Universal Monsters BRIDE FRANKENSTEIN Jiggler - (eBay item 270166940066 end time Sep-23-07 19:31:50 PDT)
                              and the larger ones came loose in a counter display box with a Pink "Super monsters" hang tag. Also King Kong was only available on a card and in one size.

The jigglers, both sizes are marked 1973, the Bend'ems are 1974. I have no clue about the cords.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎