Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Whaoh I thought this thread was going to be about Las vegas!

The Death Star was MY "dollhouse " as a kid. Green army Men, Little GI Joes, Star Wars , you name it it was everything to everybody.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

the blue Snag rocks
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

Wow, that page really brings it back for me. Very cool.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by tay666
          I got the regular set, along with the sandcrawler.
          Which Sandcrawler, the remote control one or the "back-drop" set that also included the Escape Pod?

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

Had the sandcrawler. Used to kick littler kids off it who tried to ride it.

I eventually traded it as an adult even for a Kenner Alien

Originally posted by apes3978
            Which Sandcrawler, the remote control one or the "back-drop" set that also included the Escape Pod?

Comment

• kryptosmaster
              Removed.
              • Jun 14, 2008

I never got any of the Star Wars toys as a kid. I was "too old for them" according to my step-father at the time. (I was 12) I did have plenty of friends who had them so I did get to play with them a lot anyway. One kid was so spoiled he had EVERYTHING..I mean EVRYTHING Kenner put out for Star Wars figures.
              Rich

Comment

• boynightwing
                That Carl Guy
                • Apr 24, 2002

I had the cantina as a kid. It didn't survive very long. I think I still have some pieces laying around.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

I didn't have every single Kenner SW item, but I had alot of it! The Sears Cantina playset was a favorite of mine and even though it was just cardboard it got alot of playtime. I loved Blue Snaggletooth but foolishly though I got robbed when I saw my friends all got the red Snaggletooth later. I don't think I finally got the red one 'til around 1982, and foolishly thought he was cooler than ol' Blue *sigh* Now I have a minty loose and a 20-back carded red Snaggle, but my blue one is long long gone. This playset is now a grail piece I hope to get someday.....

Some people can stare for hours at amazing pieces of vintage art or classic photographs......as for me, I can sit and stare at old catalog toy pages like this endlessly.

Comment

• david_b
                    Never had enough toys..
                    • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                    I never got any of the Star Wars toys as a kid. I was "too old for them" according to my step-father at the time. (I was 12) I did have plenty of friends who had them so I did get to play with them a lot anyway. One kid was so spoiled he had EVERYTHING..I mean EVRYTHING Kenner put out for Star Wars figures.
                    Rich
                    SAME HERE for most of this stuff.. My parents didn't mind too much, but I was already getting to be 14-15, AND I too had a friend whose divorced parents ended up saturating him with ALL the cool space toys by the mid-70s.

First nearly all the Mego Trek stuff, then WGSH, then 1999, then Star Wars and Galactica, so I basically spent all my time at his house, which my parents didn't mind even more.., speaking of the 'saving-money-part', of course..

david_b
                    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎