Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever see Mego Super hero re-issues?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

yup don't see this ever happening,but one could always wish
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

it's always POSSIBLE but very unlikely. our best chances would be DC direct for the DC characters since thier buisiness model is one that is amied at the collector market at a higher price point but thier current product is aimed at comic/m ovie accuracy in the larger scales. Even if they agreed to farm out part of the license to say CTVT or EMCE I think the licence fee would make the toy too expensensive for the casual buyer

Comment

• csxernie
        choochooU grad
        • Aug 8, 2007

i thank ctvt should have creature from the black lagoon in second series. it seems it fell a litte short.
        Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by csxernie
          i thank ctvt should have creature from the black lagoon in second series. it seems it fell a litte short.
          Maybe one day in a third series. I doubt it, but we can always hope
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toysrus
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 23, 2007

Planet of the apes?

Do you think the same goes for the POTA Megos? Or do those have a chance at re-issue?

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

i dont think there is enough of a fan base to remake the apes . but who knows . i didnt think trek would be remade but they are being done. mike

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 10, 2006

The way i see it there are only three from the WGSH line that might have a small chance of being remade they are TARZAN/ CONAN/ JETT JUNGLE these are the only ones from the line not owned by DC and Marvel, maybe they could add a never made it figure of RED SONJA to give the line 4 figures

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Y'know... I see the superheroes as almost inevitable. We've had a few attempts at an 8" Mego or mego-esque figure revival; and no doubt the Marvel/DC heroes are the plum toy.

BUT these attempts so far haven't stuck. (Although the new Trek figures look like a good go.) Still, they show that there's enough interest out there from the companies (no matter how small they are) and the fans. So I guess sooner or later SOMETHING will click. Generate some hype, make the big companies think there's an upswing, get a little influential buzz and voila!

These days a little hype goes a long way.

Don C.

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by spockfan74
                    The way i see it there are only three from the WGSH line that might have a small chance of being remade they are TARZAN/ CONAN/ JETT JUNGLE these are the only ones from the line not owned by DC and Marvel, maybe they could add a never made it figure of RED SONJA to give the line 4 figures
                    Jet Jungle was actually already done by CTVT. I actually think it might happen if the Trek figures are successful enough but it will be anticlimactic as they will only do "big" characters like Supes & Batman. Basically characters where plenty of genuine Megos already exist.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Anything is Possible..If the Star Trek figures do well and I mean really well you just never know. Marvel and DC are in business to make money.If the Sales of the Trek figures are beyond great you just never know.....But as always what helped Mego was their commercials that was part of their sale.We all wanted Megos because of them.

If you don't advertise to Children and their parents these toys won't sell well.Dc would benefit the most Because they had the Justice League toons... imagine if you had Mego like figures advertised in between them I guarantee those toys would sell.....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

[QUOTE=kept back;34969]
                        Originally posted by Bat Hero
                        I had no idea that the Golden Age Heroes were public domain...
                        QUOTE]

I may be mistaken, but I believe some characters like the Lev Gleason Daredevil, Timely's Angel, the Green Laama, 3-D Man, etc...are public domain characters. Not the Alan Scott GL or Jay Garrick Flash or any JSA/Invaders types. Those are registered DC or Marvel properties.

Not 3D Man, he's a 70's Marvel creation and still controlled by them. Kirby's Captain 3D is in public domain, tho. A tie in line with Alex Ross's new comic Super Powers (or whatever its going to be called) from Dynamite would be cool, and I bet Ross would go for it.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Even if the right's are Public Domain, to these "Obscure" old Character's...that doesn't mean making Them into Mego's is a good Idea. I simply don't think They would sell. People want BATMAN, SUPERMAN, SPIDERMAN,etc...

These Other's...would just sit on the Shelve's.
                          Last edited by The Bat; Aug 31, '07, 6:53 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by spockfan74
                            Instead of Jet,they could go with someone like Doc Savage. Although Flatt's version didn't go over big,I'd like to see guys like The Phantom. Or Flash Gordon.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                              Author of Small Things
                              • Jun 14, 2001

From a collector's standpoint, while I'd love to have factory-produced new heroes, I don't much see the need to recreate the old ones. For the most part, the entire WGSH line is readily available out there. If it would lead to new, never-before-made heroes, like hopefully Star Trek will do, then I'd be fine with that - but like Dane said, it would most likely be just the big, already-produced heroes like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and The Hulk. And who needs that?

Joe
                              --
                              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• roman
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 25, 2003

interesting discussion

You know what folks, I have to go on the side of " You never know!"

I had thought I had read that someone had been working on a book about Megos and there was a shot that it might include a limited release figure. I don't know.

While Mattel and Hasbro have very lucrative toy deals you still see the big Guys Licenseing to Hallmark and others. I don't think anything is ever out of question. If Warner still had it's stores I would say that it was a real probability that you might have seen golden age or silver age renditions. That store was big on the nostalgia craze.

I would of course not want to see them reissued as they were. I would hope to see different versions and maybe a few they did not make originally.

I aslo agree whoheartedly with the few who said there are other hero and comic lines out there. Dark Horse and Top Cow are lines never produced and what comic company is running old characters like Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, Red Sonja and the like. If there's a market out there and these thing could be produced, shipped and marketed so that a profit is made......

To be honest, I would not at all be surprised to see DC Direct put out a limited issue Mego era figure or two of it's big 3 tardemarks. I mean with the internet and all the specialty stores and such out there a limited run would hit it's mark. I don't think they'd mass produce anything for the big toy chains however.

I am never really sure they do market control as much as they do saturation to get their mark all over the place. So for my two cents I think it all comes down to cost.

Originally posted by AAAAA
                                Not going to happen, DC marvel will not share profit(EXAMPLE: relunach of Captian Action. where PM almost had the deal in hand with DC.
                                Ew !! do tell... Seriously was there talk that they almost licensed to Mantis to do Dc Figures? I had never heard this but please share the story I really am curious.

I kinda think C.A is a bad example of judging the sale of the 8" figures because all that I have read says that the original Ideal figures were unpopular and sold not so well ( my dad would argue vehemently) and that their failure really lead to the success of the 8" toys.
                                Last edited by roman; Sep 1, '07, 2:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎