X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by saildog
    I'm not saying any of this is perfect, but really, is it totally bereft of praise???

Have we been reading the same thread? I've heard plenty of praise.
    sigpic

Comment

• saildog
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
      Have we been reading the same thread? I've heard plenty of praise.
      I directly stated that my post was for the vocal total haters who keep getting jabs in. I appreciate you leaving that part of the quote out.
      Last edited by saildog; Jan 17, '10, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Twenty Dollars is too much??? Try piecing together a total repro. I know what that costs and 20 bucks does not even approach the total cost.
        Did you actually get yours for 20 ? ...
        Just being a Smart Arse here,.. but I think the Average price was 28 bucks . Unless ofcourse you bought Bulk.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I directly stated that my post was for the vocal total haters who keep getting jabs in. I appreciate you leaving that part of the quote out.
          Geez...no need to get huffy Dude. Just making sure you're not lumping me in with the "Haters". I've made my criticisms...but also made it clear I'm extremely happy these Figures are being made.
          sigpic

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
            Did you actually get yours for 20 ? ...
            Just being a Smart Arse here,.. but I think the Average price was 28 bucks . Unless ofcourse you bought Bulk.
            No...

But my cost breakdown of making a repro was about $45 and then I added, plus shipping...which seems to be a sticking point for everyone who wanted to complain against the Mattel figure.

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

No...

Man ..., I keep hearing and reading they are 20 .

... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
                Geez...no need to get huffy Dude. Just making sure you're not lumping me in with the "Haters". I've made my criticisms...but also made it clear I'm extremely happy these Figures are being made.
                Sorry, Dude...I'm really not being huffy and in no way was I pointing you out as a Hater. I just felt like the exclusion of WHO I was addressing made me out to be a Drama Queen.

Let me put it this way...if you have any question of if my posts "might" be calling you out...it's not you.

Those whom I addressed will know immediately it was they who were being addressed.
                Last edited by saildog; Jan 17, '10, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• saildog
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight

Man ..., I keep hearing and reading they are 20 .

Well, I think we tend to exclude shipping because it is usually a given...unless you snatch it off the peg....and before EMCE and Mattel came along, I haven't done that since the days of Mego.

I found it funny that with Mattel's GA.....everyone suddenly became aware of shipping.

Comment

• haggis
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 17, 2008

As I have little in the way of customizing skills, my GA will remain in its' natural state(WHEN they finally arrive).
                    No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• Duncan
                      Museum focus-groupie
                      • Jun 27, 2009

When I think about the figure, I use some tortured 80/20 logic on it: it's at least 80% good (IMO), so I won't get worked up about the remaining < 20%. Ultimately, Mattel has to do what they think will sell the most units, both to collectors & kids. I'm glad this line of toys is being made. My son will be turning 8 in May, and I suspect he'll be unwrapping a Green Lantern & Sinestro on his b-day.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I keep reading that the Green Arrow cost $20.00. Who got one for $20? Nobody did! Mine was $29. At thirty dollars he should have been able to hold his accessory. And I hate the hanger tab attached to my card. Like it was ever going to hand in a store. That was stupid and a waste of plastic. It ruined my card so it will never be flat. The hanger makes it warp badly! Maybe they should have fixed the figure before it got released. And they never should have called it a "new mego".

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Duncan
                          My son will be turning 8 in May, and I suspect he'll be unwrapping a Green Lantern & Sinestro on his b-day.
                          That's what I like to hear. "Warts and all". Just so long as the kids have fun.
                          Something all you "Original" collectors should remember is, how quickly the customizers are making your toy harder to find.
                          I think even the "Haters" have a point. Without critics, improvements are less likly to be made. Customizers are doing their best to show what they want. For this reason, I believe they have more right to critique. They are doing their best to show how to improve the design.
                          Mattel should listen only to the point of real improvement and do their best to ignore advice that does not go with the direction they desire. Because in the end it will be on them should this line sink or swim.

Comment

• saildog
                            Permanent Member
                            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            I keep reading that the Green Arrow cost $20.00. Who got one for $20? Nobody did! Mine was $29. At thirty dollars he should have been able to hold his accessory. And I hate the hanger tab attached to my card. Like it was ever going to hand in a store. That was stupid and a waste of plastic. It ruined my card so it will never be flat. The hanger makes it warp badly! Maybe they should have fixed the figure before it got released. And they never should have called it a "new mego".
                            The figure cost $20.00. Shipping was $8.70. What are we...6 and surprised to find we get charged tax on a purchase?

I discounted the shipping because we have all along. Shipping has been a related cost. All prices for anything I ever bought, all along the spectrum, did not include a mention of shipping on the board. No one ever seemed to include shipping , in any of their transactions until this latest figure because that was the only way you could get a figure. I explained this.

When have you bought anything without paying shipping? And when was it a sticking point...it was an expectation, so you discounted it. You won't pay it, directly, at TRU.....but you will pay tax.....oh, most of us didn't pay that...or mention it.

Unless it was from the peg....you paid shipping, low these many years.
                            No one calibrated for shipping. Unless we go back....in all of the threads....and include shipping.....

How about this....I got TWO Mattel Green Arrows for $48.70. That includes shipping.

I got ONE repro Green arrow for $45.00....NOT including shipping.

Oh, and if I seem "huffy", it's because people I otherwise consider fair, open minded, and reasonable are suddenly getting technical to make a point.

Desperate adults and five-year-olds do that. You all are neither, so quit with these arguments.
                            Last edited by saildog; Jan 18, '10, 2:16 AM.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

Just a thought... most of the Mego's custom's I've seen are the one's of characters that weren't done by Mego. That was the fun part. If you're trying to make a better toy such as what EMCE and CAstAway did I'd call that development more so than customizing. Personally I can't see shelling out 20 bucks (or more now) to customize a beand new figure that is what it is... Add to that as a toy collector why would you want to start ripping it apart right out of the gate... doesn't the fact that the Mattel GA is an exclusive give it it's own leg to stand on as far as "worth" goes. Ah hell, now I'm going to go buy one so I'm not a hypocrite just bithcin without buying... and guess what? I'm going to leave him as he be.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

I have to figure the shipping into the price, because it IS part of the price. NOBODY got a Green Arrow for $20. However you want to feel about it, it still cost with the shipping, not without it. If the shipping was any more than the $9.00 I paid I would not have gotten it. I almost passed because of the HIGH shipping price. I would have gotten two if the shipping was cheaper. If they got with Paul to make these then it seems like they wanted us to like and buy them. So they should make them so we will not have to make them into something we like. The way they were brought to our attention was a ruse to sell lots to the people who collect Mego, it seems. "New World's Greatest Super Heroe Mego's" is sorta what they were implying. Oh yeah, that's what they said they were going to be. Well they aren't. And they are no fun to play with if he can't hold and aim his bow. Swivel arms would have been the key to it staying original. They should have us play with one before they decide to go with a certain body.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎