Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY has there been no reissue of GI Nurse ????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe90
    Most Special Agent
    • Feb 23, 2008

I've been into GI Joe since 1965 and I don't remember the GI Nurse. I was in the Toy Department all the time with my sister back then, and I made it into the pink aisle lots of times. I don't remember her.

Maybe I've repressed the memory because she was so dang ugly....

I'm with SpockFan: I'd rather see the Action Soldiers of the World before I saw the Nurse. Oh, yeah. And a repop of the Mountie -- both the ASOTW Window Box and the Sears gift set.
    90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by spockfan74
      Perhaps i'm in the minority here but a re-issue repo or what ever of the GI-JANE nurse is not on my want to see list, I'd rather see SOTW reissued if they have to do a female Joe why not ACTION SANDY from Euro as she was never releashed here in the states
      You guys probably didn't see the Gi Nurse because she was put in the girl isle. Girls didn't want her either.

They made a reissue of the Australian Jungle fighter and I got my Foriegn head that way.

Also Action Man released a NICE Canadian mountie with the Nostalgia series. But no brown boots.

That leaves The Japanese guy. SO far I make due with the Cotswold head.

Without girl Joes how am I going to get my girlfriend to join in ?

Besides from the guide photo she looks really nicely articulated .

And you know you want a WHITE medic bag.
      Last edited by TrueDave; Jan 23, '10, 10:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by Joe90
        I've been into GI Joe since 1965 and I don't remember the GI Nurse. I was in the Toy Department all the time with my sister back then, and I made it into the pink aisle lots of times. I don't remember her.

Maybe I've repressed the memory because she was so dang ugly....

I'm with SpockFan: I'd rather see the Action Soldiers of the World before I saw the Nurse. Oh, yeah. And a repop of the Mountie -- both the ASOTW Window Box and the Sears gift set.
        Been there,..like it was just yesterday,..she was in the Boy Toy section back then,...same as the Super Queens,..in the boy section on the top shelves (at Buy-Rite 2nd floor in Brooklyn, 1968).
        Last edited by captact; Jan 23, '10, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

trueD,

The Japanese has been redone for the GI joe club. He has a fuzzy head and is called the Man of Asia. Cute.
          You can defuzz the head and then give him a paint job and BIP you have Japanese sotw. Now, finding that bayonet......

G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Online Catalog

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by captact
            Been there,..like it was just yesterday,..she was in the Boy Toy section back then,...same as the Super Queens,..in the boy section on the top shelves (at Buy-Rite 2nd floor in Brooklyn, 1968).
            Great now I know what coordinates to set my time machine for. Forget saving Lincoln I'm going shopping!

Comment

• Joe90
              Most Special Agent
              • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by rche
              trueD,

The Japanese has been redone for the GI joe club. He has a fuzzy head and is called the Man of Asia. Cute.
              You can defuzz the head and then give him a paint job and BIP you have Japanese sotw. Now, finding that bayonet......

G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Online Catalog
              Between The Club for the figure, Cotswold Collectibles for the rifle, ammo pouches, and bayonet, and eBay for the vintage bits you should be able to piece together a Japanese figure fairly easily. I've been chipping away for a "few" years, building a nice little squad.

It's a work in progress. Still have various odds and ends to get, and some painting to do...

My vintage Action Soldier of the World Japanese GI Joes. (The "bread bags" are vintage Geyper Man gasmask bags.)
              90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎