Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY has there been no reissue of GI Nurse ????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

WHY has there been no reissue of GI Nurse ????

All the new sculpting and molds that would have to be done? No non collector support? Collectors not interested?

All hair/ skin colors !

What body did they use on Madame Fear and Madmoiselle?

( I would rather not get caught with anymore Barbies but right now they have some cool reproductions out)
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It doesn't make a pile of sense why Hasbro can't reissue this using the modern G.I. Jane body (and possibly a prettier face) but use the retro packaging. Although it was one of Joe's biggest flops, it's now super collectible.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

I'd rather have the original body and head. Maybe a better paint job can help the face.

Anurse " negro" ( just cast in brown would be nice as well as a brunette caucasian.

ANd a white medic bag !!!

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

It's been brought up often by the Joe club but overall the female figs sell very poorly regardless of the market (even madam Fear which was a high end collectible didn't sell as well as it's male counterparts). many cooelctors don't like the new modern body with the classic head used for convention sets (the collector club has a hard time selling them out)

While the hardcore 12" collector could be interested (those that don't have a vintage one) most of them have the same feeling about repros I see about the exact repros from emce.

I have no issue with repro's

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

There was a nurse made in the Classic Collection somewhere around 1999. She was on the modern body, but did not have any of the classic accessories or outfit. There are probably 20 of these on ebay at any given time, not to mention numerous online stores. A nurse, but not very exciting to vintage collectors.

There is also a convention baggied nurse that is on the modern body with the classic style outfit.
          GI JOE AVG NURSE LOT OF 2 NEW SPECIAL CONVENTION BLONDE - eBay (item 350293666921 end time Dec-22-09 07:31:40 PST)
          I've seen more of the actual vintage nurses and parts than these convention baggies lately.
          If anyone has one and wants to sell it, I would sure like to know.

As for the collectors club doing a reissue. I suppose Hasbro does not want to retool molds for the body as it is specific to that character only. Also interesting to note tho: You can still order most of the convention exclusives from past years from the Club site, but the clear female body that was offered as an exclusive, is no longer available. It would seem to me there is interest in female characters there, but not enough to justify the cost for the mold.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I do have 2 different style GIJane (modern) figures, and one toy seller at a toy show told me that my second one (redhead) was a nurse, but I don't believe him. But she's actually prettier than the first (new) GIJane that was package w/ the NEW Adventure Team (w/ the alligator). Actually I think she was a femme fatale GIJoe female spy in a catalog offer I saw once.

*Edit* I just looked at that auction, and my redhead IS that GIJoe nurse!! I got her dressed in a GIJoe Army uniform.
            Last edited by HardyGirl; Jan 13, '10, 2:41 PM.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Jason73
              Correctamundo!
              • Jan 11, 2009

I'd love for Hasbro to do a straight re-issue of the original GI Nurse. I'd probably buy two.
              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• AAAAA
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 28, 2005

Talk to the rep Female do not sell well, First issue pilot issue sold
                well but after that it was down hill.
                they did issue a Vietnam era Nurse in th e 90's It did not sell.
                the Problem with hasbro and female is that the female Head scuplts are pretty aweful.
                NEW AT females face were pretty bad.

afigure that sold well in the 12inch line was Matilda the terrorist, because she had a nice head sclupt
                Last edited by AAAAA; Jan 13, '10, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

That i'd buy
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

This is the newer nurse I know of . GI JOE 12" Vietnam Nurse Blond Buy it Now - eBay (item 380196831861 end time Feb-11-10 10:25:14 PST)
                    I still have never opened mine up, one of these days maybe.

Lynn

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

^^yep, that is the classic collection nurse. Not too much interest here for vintage collectors as everything is a new item for the Vietnam outfit. I wouldn't consider this a reissue of any sorts.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                        This is the newer nurse I know of . GI JOE 12" Vietnam Nurse Blond Buy it Now - eBay (item 380196831861 end time Feb-11-10 10:25:14 PST)
                        I still have never opened mine up, one of these days maybe.

Lynn
                        That's how mine is dressed too, but redheaded. I didn't have it in the box, but the previous owner left the bandage tied to her hand.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• TrueDave
                          Toy Maker
                          • Jan 12, 2008

Sold for 211$ !!!! and shes the GI Jane and doesnt have a white bag? No way!

Now I partially see why I've never been to a Joe convention.
                          Also these days I'm afraid of getting run over by Cobra costumed guys like Stormtroopers at Star Wars shows.

Originally posted by rche
                          There was a nurse made in the Classic Collection somewhere around 1999. She was on the modern body, but did not have any of the classic accessories or outfit. There are probably 20 of these on ebay at any given time, not to mention numerous online stores. A nurse, but not very exciting to vintage collectors.

There is also a convention baggied nurse that is on the modern body with the classic style outfit.
                          GI JOE AVG NURSE LOT OF 2 NEW SPECIAL CONVENTION BLONDE - eBay (item 350293666921 end time Dec-22-09 07:31:40 PST)
                          I've seen more of the actual vintage nurses and parts than these convention baggies lately.
                          If anyone has one and wants to sell it, I would sure like to know.

As for the collectors club doing a reissue. I suppose Hasbro does not want to retool molds for the body as it is specific to that character only. Also interesting to note tho: You can still order most of the convention exclusives from past years from the Club site, but the clear female body that was offered as an exclusive, is no longer available. It would seem to me there is interest in female characters there, but not enough to justify the cost for the mold.

Comment

• AAAAA
                            Permanent Member
                            • Oct 28, 2005

all they have to do is use the Dollfire body mold with a better looking head sclupt.
                            They did a limited ed. of the Baroness , hasbro that this will be the only female made.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 10, 2006

Perhaps i'm in the minority here but a re-issue repo or what ever of the GI-JANE nurse is not on my want to see list, I'd rather see SOTW reissued if they have to do a female Joe why not ACTION SANDY from Euro as she was never releashed here in the states

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎