X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jp1969
    Banned
    • Dec 10, 2009

Human torch red body only?

Hi everybody I am new to this forum,and must say I am happy to see others share my enthusiasm for mego figures.I have been actively collecting for 1 year now but have a lifelong passion for these toys,being a child of the seventies.
    My question is this.Was the human torch only sold on a red body or did he at one point inherit spidermans flesh tone body with red hands?
    I recently bought a FF team bundle on ebay and was very happy about it,until I saw a nude torch in another auction and his body was all red.Was he ever distributed with a spidey body or have I been had?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I've had a few Torches; they all had red bodies.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

The Human Torch should have an all red body.

Comment

• jp1969
        Banned
        • Dec 10, 2009

Thats what I thought.

Thanx.

Comment

• jp1969
          Banned
          • Dec 10, 2009

I have also seen some red toro spidermans on the bay.Is that original at some point?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by jp1969
            I have also seen some red toro spidermans on the bay.Is that original at some point?
            Spidey got the red torso late in the game. There aren't a lot of them. I have a few of them. I even have a red torso t-1 spidey.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              I even have a red torso t-1 spidey.
              I'd like to see a pic of that! Is the torso the typical T1 (skinny) torso ?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by warlock664
                I'd like to see a pic of that! Is the torso the typical T1 (skinny) torso ?
                I'll have to find it. It's kind of hard to find what I'm looking for in my very unorganized vast collection. I still can't find my Francis 7 figure. So many boxes...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

here he is

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 10, 2006

I have found with MEGO never say never but for the most part Human Torch was released on a red body
                    But i wouldn't be surpised if a few Human Torchs were released on leftover Spiderman bodies but most likely a Torch on a Spiderman body is the product of a head transplant

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by spockfan74
                      I have found with MEGO never say never but for the most part Human Torch was released on a red body
                      But i wouldn't be surpised if a few Human Torchs were released on leftover Spiderman bodies but most likely a Torch on a Spiderman body is the product of a head transplant
                      I don't think there were "leftover Spiderman bodies". He was in production before and after the Human Torch.

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Red T1 Spidey

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        Wow Lonnie, that's really cool! I had no idea that red-torso T1 Spideys existed ! You learn something new every day with Megos!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by warlock664
                          Wow Lonnie, that's really cool! I had no idea that red-torso T1 Spideys existed ! You learn something new every day with Megos!
                          I think it's a bootleg figure. The neck plug is slightly different.

It's smooth and doesn't have the notch to seat into the body. It is rubber like a real head but it is just a little different. Looks the same in the body, though.
                          Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jan 14, '10, 8:49 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I have had the red torso Spideys but I also believe Torch was only on an all red body

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

BUMP

I was in an antique mall over the weekend saw a loose Torch locked in a case, looked to be in great shape. I was in a hurry with my wife so I didn't get the case opened to look it over. Why do I mention this? He had flesh colored hands! So I did some searching of the forums and Ben's book to see if I could find any references. Nothing to be found, so I guess it was just a head and costume transplant..

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎