• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

M*U*S*H

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

THE MORK & MINDY, LAVERNE & SHIRLEY WITH THE FONZ HOUR (alsop wins for crappiest title)
      Also known as "Gary Marshall Needs More Money Hour".

The Dukes cartoon started out during the awful Coy and Vance phase, and then came back in season 2 with Bo and Luke, I think. Or maybe I have that backwards?

All I remember is they raced Boss and Roscoe in each episode, and the General Lee did some weird, Bond-car type stuff like inflatable tires that floated, etc.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Also known as "Gary Marshall Needs More Money Hour".
        To be fair, I'm thinking someone from ABC pitched that to Gary rather
        than vice versa.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• AAAAA
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 28, 2005

well those aRE all well and good but all you have stated, made it in to series production,
          LIS died rigth at the pilot.LIKE THAT GIRL, nanny and the professer and munsters
          L&S ,olive Oyl and alice the goon were direct responce to success of the movie PRIVATE Benjamin

jennie was not bad the boys were students not bikers.baboo was annoying tho.
          mark[skywalker] hamile singing the theme is a hoot

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I don't remember the Dukes cartoon, looks pretty bad. There are so many to choose from.....how bout The Mc Hammer show or the New kids cartoon.....yeah not direct from tv shows but they are based on the really bad videos these guys made.....Hogans Rock'n wrestling was pretty bad too though.

Comment

• BendyZaius
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 22, 2005

There is a dude at some of the conventions I attend called On the Run Video. He carries DVD sets of all this weird material. Some of it I never heard of till looking at his table, like the Gary Coleman Show, the Harlem Globetrotters animated series, and the Pacman cartoon. All very odd stuff.

BTW, I vote for Alf the Cartoon, as if the live action show wasn't annoying enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3pmEN3Wt_o
              Last edited by BendyZaius; Jan 12, '10, 4:04 PM.
              sigpic "Only an apostate would flee to the Forbidden Zone"

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

I know its not a live action adaption but The Thing was the worst adaption of a character.

A lot of these I didnt know were shows. dukes???

Planet of the Apes is rough but creepy and creative in what they did with no money.Plus it was a continuing story which is a first?

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>M*U*S*H

That's the one with dogs, right? I've never seen it.

>I vote for Alf the Cartoon

Oooohhhh..... good call, but I'd disagree on the grounds that it was actually true to the character, and had a measure of technical quality.

>like the Gary Coleman Show, the Harlem Globetrotters animated series, and the Pacman cartoon.

The 80's were a strange, unfortunate time....

Don C.

Comment

• mazinz
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 2, 2007

let us not forget the Toxic Crusaders which was based off a really nasty/gore/exploitation film. Quite possibly the only time a childrens tv show was inspired by such a thing
                    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>Quite possibly the only time a childrens tv show was inspired by such a thing

There was also a "Tales From the Crypt" cartoon, and an "Attack of the Killer Tomatos" cartoon, which was based on the second film. And a "Robocop" cartoon. And a "Rambo" one.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Killer Tomatoes had John Astin doing voice work didn't it?
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎