X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by megocrazy
    The size can be handled by shrinking it a bit. Any of the regular head casters can shed light on that. It's not that big of a deal. It actually allows the original to be used on the Famous Covers sized bodies. The re-sized mold will fit the 8" scale. Heads have been brought down from the 1/6th (12") scale. I saw your post on selling the original on ebay. Just a suggestion but you may do better in the long run tying in with a single caster and selling sculpts one at a time.
    Happy to hear about the head shrinking. I will need to learn more. I've been buying doll bodies as I find them. Found out that they are not 12 inch as I assumed. More likely, 9 inch, or 10 inch. Purchased 12 inch retro G.I. Joe figure as well as a Captain Action reissue. What scale were the Hasbro DC Heroes done in?

"I saw your post on selling the original on ebay. Just a suggestion but you may do better in the long run tying in with a single caster and selling sculpts one at a time."
    Now that I'm learning to make molds and do castings, I've begun to consider selling castings. I'm starting to let go of my fear of recasts by others. Now my concern is how to keep the big companies, (DC, Marvel and others) off my back. Advice anyone?

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by megocrazy
      The size can be handled by shrinking it a bit. Any of the regular head casters can shed light on that. It's not that big of a deal. It actually allows the original to be used on the Famous Covers sized bodies. The re-sized mold will fit the 8" scale. Heads have been brought down from the 1/6th (12") scale. I saw your post on selling the original on ebay. Just a suggestion but you may do better in the long run tying in with a single caster and selling sculpts one at a time.
      I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but quoting this guy, I tried shrinking at 12 inch Han Solo head down with Acetone and dunked him and everything worked but he just won't get any smaller. This head was perfect for this Han Solo custom but I think this head won't go any smaller. Damn shame, it would be perfect for 8 inch. Anyone find a successful way to get that 12 inch Han Solo head to shrink? All ideas from here did not work.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
        Sorry to bump this thread without some new pics. I just wanted to drop a note that much has changed while I've been away.
        Currently, I'm trying to figure out what scale these first four came out in. Originally I was going for Mego 8 in. All four, came out a little bigger than I entended.
        Yet to be posted, are images of the next three: Ditko versions of Prof. Squid, the Buzzard, and Dune-dude. Yeah. That's what I'm callin' them. (Pics coming soon.)
        Nosfuratu and Mr. Hyde have come a long way. Lady Falcon and Capt. Eagle are much the same as last posted.
        But the best part is, I'm learning to make molds and castings. It's still early, but I see a light and the end of the tunnel.
        Hmmm, sounds like they may be TBolt scale.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hawkmike
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2003

very cool!
          wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Hmmm, sounds like they may be TBolt scale.
            In inches, how big is the TBolt scale?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

The best I can do for now. From myspacebook page:
              http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...33209290_n.jpg
              http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...30068657_n.jpg
              http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73436019_n.jpg
              Last edited by dr_cyclops; Apr 29, '12, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

Let's try some Image Shack. Here is Buzzard, Professor Squid, and Dune Guy.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

Looking good. I like their stylized vibe.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by boss
                    Looking good. I like their stylized vibe.
                    Thanx. These photos don't do justice to the sculpts. From the blurry, to the dominate light source, I've much to learn in photography.
                    Although Buzzard and Dune Guy are OK enough. Professor Squid, looks awful in the choosen pic. I only posted it, because the others were blurry.
                    In time, the photos will get better, as well as attaching them to the 8 in. bodies, I think they look best on.
                    In the works, Reptile and Voltron.
                    Current ideas, are turning to Kirby villains. Yeah, Sixty-threedom!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      In inches, how big is the TBolt scale?
                      9 inches.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        9 inches.
                        Thanks. I don't have any 9 or 10 inch bodies at this time to compare. So I can only guess the body scale that Lady Falcon, Capt. Eagle, Nosfuratu, and Mr. Hyde best fit. I will update as soon as I find out.
                        Buzzard, Professor Squid, and Dune Guy are scaled to the 8 inch bodies.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Yeah, keep me informed, I really like the Nosferatu sculpt.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Here is The Buzzard, (currently tooling neck plug) on a 8 inch CTVT white male body. His neck is sitting just a little high, due to the material used to hold the head in place. His neck is long to give him a hump back and accomidate the feathered collar of his costume.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

Professor Squid on a CTVT white fatman body.

Comment

• THE FALCON
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 2, 2011

Your work is sick! Love every piece!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡