• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by THE FALCON
    Your work is sick! Love every piece!
    I know! But I've been feeling better lately. No...really, the 'horrible wrist blow out' I encountered a couple of years ago, has healed considerably. The bone that appeared on top of my wrist, only make a only a 1/4 inch rise past the skin. This is a very good thing. It appeared as a 3/4 bump, on my wrist and felt like 'Hell on Wheels'! As I reach my 50s, the old body starts to give up the ghost. We barbers use our wrists, hands, neck and shoulders all day long. Oh..I forgot feet, legs and back. Still, it's nice when the pain goes away.
    No pics update: Dune Guy is currently having his neck tooled. He now sports a more detail flat-top and has eyebrows. Next three: Reptile, Voltron, and Game-Hunter.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
      Next three: Reptile, Voltron, and Game-Hunter.
      ooh....really looking forward to seeing "Reptile".
      sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
        ooh....really looking forward to seeing "Reptile".
        Reptile is giving me fits. He's becoming my slowest sculpt so far. Reviewing Ditko's designs, I found it hard to understand how the drawings formed a 3-D design. Solution: Put a little 'Dr. Cyclops' in it.
        While Game-Hunter is just forming, I don't expect difficulties with him. He's going the way of Buzzard, Squid, and Dune Guy.
        Voltron, was almost 'not 2 be'. Early expectations to details, made me determine he was not possible. While explaining this to my friend 'Steve', (who knows me like a brother) he cut right to the chase and said; "Stop crying, and do it the way Mego would have done it."
        It's so nice to know "somewhere, somebody cares." So much like the helpful replies to so many of my posts here. Nobody told me there were nice people on the web.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Here's Dune Guy on a DrMego "large white muscle body". His neck plug and flat-top still needs work.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
            I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but quoting this guy, I tried shrinking at 12 inch Han Solo head down with Acetone and dunked him and everything worked but he just won't get any smaller. This head was perfect for this Han Solo custom but I think this head won't go any smaller. Damn shame, it would be perfect for 8 inch. Anyone find a successful way to get that 12 inch Han Solo head to shrink? All ideas from here did not work.
            I'm considering either casting a head in a material that will shrink and from there casting a new mold, or finding a way to shrink the rubber mold to a desired size.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Everyone here has been so much help!
              Here is a test patten for the wings made of paper. I'm still working on the Jet-pack hump for his back. It's there that I think I should move to an elastic fabric. Background is the 'Friendlyfelt' I found at 'Joann Fabrics'. To top it off, I found a thready yarn to make the collar piece.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

No pics update:
                Talked to a local mold-maker/caster (of talent), he is willing to try-out the commission of 'Buzzard'. Tooling the neck plugs on him, Professor Squid and Dune Guy, this weekend.
                Currently have a DrMego T-2 body with forest green body suit. I've sewn the white collor on, and working on attaching the Friendlyfelt wings to the sleeves.
                This project has been a dream, because of you members and this site.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

'Buzzard' casting update: Going into 3rd week. Molder/caster went through a tough time and may need some patience from me. I've seen his quality and am willing to do so.
                  Ditko Villains update: 'Squid and Dune-Guy' are now complete with neck plugs. 'Reptile' has broken his bounds and moved along. 'Voltron' needs more lightning bolt work. 'Game-Hunter' needs a lot of work all around.
                  Next project: Kirby style villains;'Iron Mask', 'Ultra-Martian', 'Underdeweller', 'Marionette-Face', 'Atom Master', and the 'Fantastic Hypno'.
                  Future project: 'Tomb Custodian', 'Aged Sorceress', and 'Grave-Digger'.

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

I like how these are turning out!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡