No Type 3 Aquaman.
    WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by highquality
      No Type 3 Aquaman.
      Thanks, i ask the dumb questions so other people dont have to. Wasn't there a known variations list in the works? How that going?

Comment

• highquality
        #1 Super Guy
        • Jun 10, 2003

It's still a work in progress.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

How many different "Mego" figures did Lili Ledy release? The Ledy catalogs I've seen don't have all the variations I heard about and seen. Did they only have two body styles for the males and one for the females?
          I have to say, I think the Ledy Robin head is better than the Mego one.

Comment

• highquality
            #1 Super Guy
            • Jun 10, 2003

I'll do the best I can to answer this question.

There are 18 different figures, 19 if you count Fist-Fighting Ledy Joker...which has never been found.

There's 3 different body styles for the males, Type 1 Standard Body, Type 1 Fat Body and Fist-Fighter Body. Each one is unique to each figure. I mean there's not a Batman with a Type 1 Standard Body AND a Fist-Fighter Body.

There's only one style of female body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

How about a list of who they are? I saw a Lili Ledy Tarzan on ebay that wasn't a fist fighter. I thought he was only a fist fighter. So is there a regular t-1 and a fist fighter version of the other fist fighters? And No Ledy Joker has surfaced? Wow.

Comment

• piecemaker
                There's no need to fear..
                • Jan 26, 2009

The Ledy Fist Fighters are: Tarzan,Riddler,Green Arrow,Black Falcon,Ironman and Joker was supposed to be a Fist Fighter too.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  How about a list of who they are? I saw a Lili Ledy Tarzan on ebay that wasn't a fist fighter. I thought he was only a fist fighter. So is there a regular t-1 and a fist fighter version of the other fist fighters? And No Ledy Joker has surfaced? Wow.
                  I saw that auction and am guessing that someone pulled a switcharoo on the bodies. I've never heard of a legit non-fist fighting Ledy Tarzan, Falcon, Iron Man, GA or Riddler (or Joker for that matter). but with 35 year old Mexican toys where boxed examples haven't even shown up, I'm not going to make sweeping statements of utter certainty.

Comment

• highquality
                    #1 Super Guy
                    • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    I'm not going to make sweeping statements of utter certainty.
                    I like that saying.

Comment

• highquality
                      #1 Super Guy
                      • Jun 10, 2003

Here's the best list of all of them: http://www.foreignmego.com/mexico.html

WorldMEGO will do them all eventually, but we're taking the time to flesh them out.

In the 1977 Ledy Catalog all of the Ledy figures were actually represented by Mego figures for the shoot. Mego Superheroes I 1977 Lili Ledy Catalog I Plaidstallions.com

It doesn't bode well for the existence of Ledy Joker.

Some of the most persistent collectors in the world have searched in vain for Lili Ledy Joker. I'm of the firm belief he was planned, but never produced. There are still others who hold out hope.
                      Last edited by highquality; Feb 6, '10, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• sauce
                        Removed
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Yeah, that's the second time that a Tarzan Fist Fighter Ledy head has sold on eBay on a regular T1 Ledy body. Not an original combo.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                          Yeah, that's the second time that a Tarzan Fist Fighter Ledy head has sold on eBay on a regular T1 Ledy body. Not an original combo.
                          Are you positive it never came on a regular Ledy body? If it's the second one... then why are they switching bodies?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by highquality
                            Here's the best list of all of them: http://www.foreignmego.com/mexico.html

In the 1977 Ledy Catalog all of the Ledy figures were actually represented by Mego figures for the shoot. Mego Superheroes I 1977 Lili Ledy Catalog I Plaidstallions.com
                            I've been visiting the Foreignmego site for years. That's where I found my info after I got my first Ledy Spidey. I was just wondering what there is beyond what it shows there. It needs pictures of the Knock-off Thor that sold a while ago. Not everything is represented there. If two Tarzan figures sell on ebay with type-1 ledy bodies then it is very possible that he was released on that body. I'm trying to get a friend to contact relatives in Mexico to have them look for figures.

Comment

• highquality
                              #1 Super Guy
                              • Jun 10, 2003

Brian did a great job of creating the whole ForeignMego site. The job of filling in ALL the blanks is daunting.

I wouldn't get too attached to the idea Tarzan was released on a Standard Type 1 body. Though it isn't outside the range of probability, the highest likelihood is a swaperoo. Ledy Fist-Fighting bodies are extremely rare and possibly worth hanging on to for these Mexican sellers. Unfortunately, swapped bodies, heads and accessories is the rule with Lili Ledy rather than the exception. It's been a real effort to unmuddy the information.

Comment

• sauce
                                Removed
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Are you positive it never came on a regular Ledy body? If it's the second one... then why are they switching bodies?
                                I have owned TWO Fist Fighter Tarzan Ledys. I sold one to Heath. I kept one. I have seen other FF Tarzan Ledys in other folks' collections. I believe rche has one. I know Luis has one. I'm sure Palitoy has one. There are enough known examples as FF Ledys to make it the rule.

And to confirm the SWAP/SWITCH that goes on quite regularly, as you all know, I buy this stuff about three times a week, and more often than not I find restrung bodies, mismatched whatzits and whoozits, and on and on. I have purchased Hombre de Hierro and Flecha Verde on the standard T1 bodies, too. So, it goes beyond just Tarzan. I think the issue is more about the DURABILITY of the Ledy Fist Fighting body.

If you have ever held one in your hand, then you will know immediately that it is probably some kind of odd stroke of luck that it survived the 1970's. It is very light and flimsy.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎